French requirements for your visit. (1 Viewer)

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
It does beg the question, Do they really want Tourism?

For information just in from the French Embassy

For those of you that wondered whether an “attestation d'accueil” was required for U.K. visitors to your home in France please see the reply below from the French Embassy in London.

Dear Sir/ Madam,
All foreigners when entering France should be in a position to produce to the Immigration officer the following documents:
1. Motive of stay in France:
- for tourism: hotel reservation (in the absence of a hotel reservation, the traveller has to prove that he possesses means of living of at least 120€ per day – see point 2, documents from a travel agency ;
- for a professional visit: letter from the employer, invitation from a French firm or organization ;
- for a private visit: “attestation d'accueil” delivered by the “mairie” ;
2. Means of living (cash, traveller's cheques, valid international credit card...) along with an insurance certificate covering all medical, hospital and funeral expenses, which may be incurred during the entire period of your stay in France, including repatriation costs on medical grounds ;
3. Guarantees of return: return ticket.
Cordialement/ Regards,
MT
Consulat Général de France à Londres/ French Consulate General, London
21 Cromwell Road
LONDON – SW7 2EN

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
At present it is still illegal to travel abroad from the UK, for holidays.
The UK Gov website states the following.

Travel between the UK and France​

Arrivals from the UK do not need to justify an essential reason to enter France. This applies to all air, car, ferry and train passengers. All other measures, detailed below, are in place for those travelling from the UK. The French government strongly advises limiting international travel to a minimum.

Arrivals from the UK will need to complete a ‘sworn statement’ (déclaration sur l’honneur) form self-certifying they are not suffering from symptoms associated with coronavirus and have not been in contact with confirmed cases in the preceding fortnight. This can be found on the French government’s website.

Testing requirements​

All travellers from the UK, including children aged 11 and above, will need to present a negative PCR COVID-19 test result, carried out less than 72 hours before departure.

HGV or van drivers arriving in France from the UK are no longer required to provide a negative COVID-19 test to enter France. The latest information for HGV or van drivers is available here.

You should not use the NHS testing service to get a test in order to facilitate your travel to another country. You should arrange to take a private test from a private coronavirus testing provider.

Self-isolation​

Passengers arriving in France from the UK will also be required to self-isolate for seven days on arrival, before taking another PCR test. Exit from this self-isolation period is subject to a negative test result. Find more information on how to get a PCR test in France.

Further information​

Check our COVID-19 advice on things to consider, and be prepared to stay overseas longer than planned.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
I read the same post on Facebook. I suspect that Chrisvh is right and they are standard requirements for third countries. I'm waiting to see what it actually means, in practice. :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
A little bit more !

Travel between the EU and non-European countries​

Any international travel – to or from France – from a country outside of the European area is prohibited, with the exception of certain essential reasons as listed on the international travel certificate, including airside transit stops of less than 24 hours.

From 12 March, this no longer applies to travel from the UK, Australia, South Korea, Israel, Japan, New Zealand and Singapore. Travellers arriving from these countries who have stayed in another country outside the European area in the 14 days preceding their arrival remain subject to the requirement to evidence a compelling reason.

Mar 26, 2020
Uranus
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 185
Exp
A little bit more !

Travel between the EU and non-European countries​

Any international travel – to or from France – from a country outside of the European area is prohibited, with the exception of certain essential reasons as listed on the international travel certificate, including airside transit stops of less than 24 hours.

From 12 March, this no longer applies to travel from the UK, Australia, South Korea, Israel, Japan, New Zealand and Singapore. Travellers arriving from these countries who have stayed in another country outside the European area in the 14 days preceding their arrival remain subject to the requirement to evidence a compelling reason.
UK is in Europe, isn't it? We haven't moved to Australasia or America have we?

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
No, we are not as far as France is concerned. Europe to them is the Great God EU. They have a very blinkered view of those around them.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Funnily enough i am not remotely interested in French entry requirements as I have absolutely no intention of entering France for the foreseeable future.

I prefer to fly over it or sail around it.

OP
OP
Littlewheels
Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
They are just the standard requirements for a third country. No surprises.
Not suprises but restrictions on how 1000’s have previously just toddled on a trip with no particular destination in mind or at what point they might return or were they might stay which is the whole point of Motorhoming for so many.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Our Dover to Calais booking for the 1st September is looking ropey! :rofl:

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
A ferry route to Morocco is looking more and more appealing. I don't think it will be too long before the ferry companies exploit the opportunity and Brussels will realise that they have shot themselves in the foot .

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Our Dover to Calais booking for the 1st September is looking ropey! :rofl:
I have one booked for first week in July. We both have a bit to go yet and in the next few weeks we will see how everting unfolds. It a right mess at the moment with contradictions on type and costs of testing and understanding what the French entry and exit requirements will be. Hopefully, the Covid passport and a declaration form will ultimately be all that is required. However, events in Bolton today might through a huge spanner in the works. Time will tell.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
A ferry route to Morocco is looking more and more appealing. I don't think it will be too long before the ferry companies exploit the opportunity and Brussels will realise that they have shot themselves in the foot .
From the UK ? I think it would be a nightmare of a journey and cost an arm and both legs.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Not suprises but restrictions on how 1000’s have previously just toddled on a trip with no particular destination in mind or at what point they might return or were they might stay which is the whole point of Motorhoming for so many.
The EU controls its borders, where it can of course (the illegals are more difficult as we know) so no one should be surprised by the requirement for non-EU citizens to show they are not going to be a burden. Seems very reasonable to me. :)

Aug 18, 2018
Funster No
No we are not "in Europe" if by Europe you mean the EU. We voted to Leave the EU, not to Remain in it. Further, the EU does not define the entry requirements of any state within the EU. The individual states do that, which is why the regulations vary between S~pain, France, Italy, Germany etc. If you mean are we geographically close to Europe, of course, but not relevant to the question.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
No we are not "in Europe" if by Europe you mean the EU. We voted to Leave the EU, not to Remain in it. Further, the EU does not define the entry requirements of any state within the EU. The individual states do that, which is why the regulations vary between S~pain, France, Italy, Germany etc. If you mean are we geographically close to Europe, of course, but not relevant to the question.
Thanks for that clarification.

I don’t think we understood that :rolleyes:

SD j

Free Member
May 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin supreme
Exp
Since 2000
An attestation d'accueil is a certificate that non-EU citizens visiting friends and family in France may need for short trips. An attestation d’hébergement is a certificate to prove that you are living permanently at an address in France.

With the UK now out of the European Union, the question of whether Britons will be obliged to prove where they will be staying during a short holiday trip to France has been raised.

The French government website here explains that all non-EU short-term tourists who come to stay with family or friends, as opposed to in a hotel or other tourist accommodation, must have an attestation d’accueil.

However, The Connexion looked into this issue in its Brexit and beyond guide and found that in a survey of readers, those who were asked for this form only came from a country that requires a Schengen short-stay visa to visit France. This is not the case of the UK.

So, it is not likely that a UK national coming to France to stay with family or friends will be asked to show this document. However, people coming from countries that require Schengen short-stay visas to visit France are likely to need one.

Aug 18, 2018
Funster No
They may as well seal up the Channel Tunnel and decommission 80% of the ferry fleets.
Well the Eurostar service is in trouble unless the French and British tax payer steps up. Perhaps they will. If not the Tunnel could well be next. Ferries are probably OK, since not so many sunk costs.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Well the Eurostar service is in trouble unless the French and British tax payer steps up. Perhaps they will. If not the Tunnel could well be next. Ferries are probably OK, since not so many sunk costs.
Plenty of freight using the tunnel.

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
From the UK ? I think it would be a nightmare of a journey and cost an arm and both legs.
Probably about the same amount as it will cost in the added bureaucracy and travel costs of getting to Spain and then you'll have to turn round and come back cos yer 90 days e'll be up.:LOL:;)

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
The ferries are in receipt of UK support, it's very interesting how travel will develop between UK and The EU.
Recently job applicants from the EU have been detained it seems in Yarlswood immigration detention centre, the reasons are not entirely clear. However expect the pushback if reports are correct.

OP
OP
Littlewheels
Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
The EU controls its borders, where it can of course (the illegals are more difficult as we know) so no one should be surprised by the requirement for non-EU citizens to show they are not going to be a burden. Seems very reasonable to me. :)
It’s not the proving your ability to support yourself l understand that completely but the declaration of movement,location,prebooked ferry etc that alters the enjoyment of travel so much for MH’s.

Mar 26, 2020
Uranus
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 185
Exp
One: we are in Europe. Fact

Two: the EU can and do have control. Fact.

Article also in The Times.

Wikky

Free Member
Aug 6, 2020
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Since 2003
I've just spent a week in Wales and went off-shore to Anglesey. The place names are unpronouncable compared to French place names however....there are no micky mouse border controls, English is (largely) spoken, no currency exchange, can drive on correct side of the road. What's not to like☺.

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
I've just spent a week in Wales and went off-shore to Anglesey. The place names are unpronouncable compared to French place names however....there are no micky mouse border controls, English is (largely) spoken, no currency exchange, can drive on correct side of the road. What's not to like☺.
Weather

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back