LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Travelling during the winter when lots of aires have the water turned off these pay ones where the water is still working can be useful .

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
I have just purchased a card online and topped up €50 ready for trip in April. Card arrived in about 5 days, so all good. It did take a bit of time to find the correct link but if I can do it anyone can:)

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
For a sensible Brit it takes less than 5 min to set up an account and get a card at the barrier but if you are French it takes 20-30 min then give up and go away. I've seen this with the French loads of times.

I only ever put enough on the card for one night then if we stay longer just top it up before we leave.

I must be French !
We bought a card several years ago at Milau but forgot about it, changed vans and then went to Narbonne, where i managed to cause chaos as @sedge and @trophychap are my witnesses. I generally hate paying for anything so having been at the beach with them we went off to find and failed to find a freebie stop over and returned and because we already had an account that wouldnt work and the lady had to come out and the queue was getting bigger and the wife was getting stressed and then to put her right over the edge i got a text. Didnt tell her what it was til later, but it was the eldests partner asking to marry our daughter (text! he completely bottled it) but we got round it in the end by creating a new account through the wifes email address.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I must be French !
We bought a card several years ago at Milau but forgot about it, changed vans and then went to Narbonne, where i managed to cause chaos
My first encounter with one was at Milau about 4 years ago. French couple in front of us gave up after 15-20min. Wasn't one of the latest type that issue the cards and the multi language console also we didn't think much of the Aire so we didn't bother.
Since then only seen the newer ones which are a doddle to use unless you are French.:)
Only used them a few times as they are a bit expensive.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
I have used one 2 years running. The system will let you flash your card to see how much credit is on it, what you cannot find out is what you owe ! You can go and return in any 24 hour period.
Say you arrive at 3pm and stay 4 nights, then you need at least 4 x nightly rate else barrier doesn't lift.
Try at 3.01 and another night will be added So, your card tells you your current "topped up credit" but not what you owe. Ensure you note arrival time as no tickets or PINs
You cannot establish what is owing. I stay a long time so top up every few days, the machine I use has 4 choices of top-up, 1 x nightly rate, 2 x, 3x and OTHER. I bang in €30 and keep a note.
However, once you check out and check your account you can see the duration but not available on your account during your stay :doh:

upload_2019-3-14_11-10-9.png

Also, being mean I have carried forward just 20 cents on my account :D2

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Haven't used them but do have an account.

I can't find an interactive map such as Search for Sites and Campercontact etc have, is there one?

Jul 29, 2017
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 530 Flash
Exp
Camping Caravanning and Motorhoming for 40yrs, last 2 Motorhoming
You'll find the map here, works much better on the website, the one on the app is a pain.

Nov 9, 2011
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years
Sounded like a good idea so we put €100on a card and set off. The facilities offered for about €9 per night seem like good value, BUT they are adding sites faster than they can install all the facilities, and charge for the lot whether or not provided. They flag up Wifi, but where it doesn't work they claim that it is not an included feature - and no refund. Similarly, only half the pitches at Millau have EHU - but you are charged full whack at the barrier.
Also be cautious with their GPS co-ordinates. We used 10 sites and 7 co-ords were wrong.
Overall a useful scheme, especially for those who prefer a secured site. Let's hope they can get all their sites up and running as advertised.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Use these sites all the time when touring France , most are superb value and secure. A lot are old municipal campsites but don't have all the facilities.. Out of 14 sites I used last year all were good bar the one at Montrichard, this à lovely area but the old campsite facility block was derelict and people had been emptying their cassettes into the non functioning loos instead of walking to the proper disposal point . I reported it to the Marie who is responsible. So hopefully this has been rectified.

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Am I the only one who uses their 'LIBERTE' option? I simply use the CCP card on arrival and departure, and get an itemised bill at the end of the month, just the same as SANEF. Simples!
Always found WiFi working, BUT, needs a WiFi booster at several sites.

Malcolm

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
Am I the only one who uses their 'LIBERTE' option? I simply use the CCP card on arrival and departure, and get an itemised bill at the end of the month, just the same as SANEF. Simples!
Always found WiFi working, BUT, needs a WiFi booster at several sites.

Malcolm
I’d not been aware of this until you mentioned it, and have just been on their website. I couldn’t immediately find any reference to it, so googled and up popped the T&C referring to it in French. But when you change the language on the site to English the T&C shown only relates to their pre-booking scheme.
Malcolm, can you recall how you found the Liberte scheme?

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Sorry, I can't remember exactly, but I started with the normal site issued card. I then found on 'my account' the option to change to Liberte. HOWEVER, they have had technical problems recently, and there were some problems updating my credit card. This led to several emails back and forth during which they tried to get me to go back to the standard system. I insisted I wanted to stay on Liberte and as far as I know I still am. We're away at the end of the month, so I'll find out then.

I must say I've found their customer service superb, and have always found a fluent English speaker. I could only update my CC by phone, rather than online, and when the girl who handled that wasn't immediately available, they offered to call me back which they did within 10 minutes.

As I've said before, I personally find the CCP sites good value, and if it's a choice of losing municipal sites/aires or having CCP operate them then no contest! The ability to look online to see if there are spaces at a site is very useful.

Malcolm

ps Just checked my account online and I still have the Liberte option

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
I dug around a bit and found reference to it in the FAQs, so have sent them an enquiry on the Contact form. If they wanted to take you off Liberte they may well come back and say no, but I’ll post their response here.

Aug 27, 2018
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and B Smove
Exp
Since 2018
I too was in Azay-le-Rideau last week as it happens. It was absolutely chucking it down whilst I was trying to register, there was a woman’s voice coming out of the machine presumably with instructions but it was raining too hard to hear.
I followed the written instructions and worked it out. Not too tricky. Got a card and topped it up the next day from the same machine. Azay-le-Rideau is a great place and worth the effort I’d say !

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I too was in Azay-le-Rideau last week as it happens. It was absolutely chucking it down whilst I was trying to register, there was a woman’s voice coming out of the machine presumably with instructions but it was raining too hard to hear.
I followed the written instructions and worked it out. Not too tricky. Got a card and topped it up the next day from the same machine. Azay-le-Rideau is a great place and worth the effort I’d say !
Lovely place, also please have a look at Sainte Suzanne. Gorgeous walked town.

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
Me too, great service, now I won't have to try and get one at a machine while it's raining!
Me too, great service, now I won't have to try and get one at a machine while it's raining!
Me too , they must be wondering why the sudden rush from UK, nothing to do with B...... of course!

Aug 28, 2013
luton
Funster No
MH
Elddis Acardo 125
Exp
Been used using liberty card for 3 years they just bill at end of month. Always had access to aires without any problems.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Blimey, luckily we were there in February and most of the town was shut pre season :whew: . Was it a very nice meal ?
Not bad, it was my birthday so we had the €29 menu but cheapest wine was ,€19 and it was extra for scolps I had for starter and when we ordered cafe au lait they bought grand cafe au lait which out another €5 on the bill

May 21, 2018
Didcot
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79/2f
Exp
4 years
After reading this chat last night I went to the web site registered and bought a card no problems. I suggest after you have registered log in and go to your cart and empty it. This seems to be why you get problems buying the card as one has been entered in the cart already but it has no credit on it and unless you delete this one you can’t buy one with credit on it. Hope this helps

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Just out of interest, according to my account, my Liberte card has a balance of €1. I don't know if this is significant.

Malcolm

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
dont know why you all are paying to park here , you can park at the vintage mueseam for free, excelent park , cafe with breakfast, and a pleasent days visit

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
have you all considered this is the thin end of the wedge , when they have got rid of all the old style aires they will be shoving up their prices till they are as dear as sites, wouldnt entertain them

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
I dug around a bit and found reference to it in the FAQs, so have sent them an enquiry on the Contact form. If they wanted to take you off Liberte they may well come back and say no, but I’ll post their response here.
The CCP people have got back to me - their reply was “Nous ne proposons plus l'option Liberté.” ie We no longer offer the Liberte option . Oh well. But thanks to Malcolm for flagging up the possibility.

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Be interesting to see what happens when I try to use it next month. I've just noticed the date shown

CCP_03-18 21-51-19.jpg

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
dont know why you all are paying to park here , you can park at the vintage mueseam for free, excelent park , cafe with breakfast, and a pleasent days visit
Because its chocka block with French everytime I have been there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back