Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I joined both,,
Since then I have discovered affiliated CLs

They both work for me!

When I booked in here yesterday, canterbury C&CC site, a Dutch couple came in for three nights, not members , it cost them 70 odd quid for 3 nights,,

My membership of both clubs pays for itself on one or two stopovers every year!
Xx

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Offagain
Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
Thanks for all the interesting replies and points of view.
Our main motivation for joining one or the other is for the discount off insurance and ferries etc rather than using their sites. We definitely won't be setting in stone where we'll be 12 months in advance.
I know we'll need to visit sites to dump and refill but we're hoping to do more wild camping than staying on a site.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
If you want to be able to just dump and recharge at sites then CCC has this facility. I think it's about £7 for 3 hours which gives you time to empty cassette and waste water, refill your fresh tank, have showers. As far as I know you can't do this with CAMC sites you have to pay for a full night.

Denise

Upvote 0
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Sorry I'm just learning - what are affiliated CL's?

They are secret sites dotted around the country,, hidden from view, known only to a select few, with association of MI5,,, MI6, And Kingsmen,,,, If I told you where they were,,,,

I would have to kill you!!!

Upvote 0

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Ignore Ian - he's just kidding!

CLs are Certificated Locations which are the small 5 van sites affiliated to the CAMC. CSs are the Certificated Sites, again 5 van sites, affiliated to the CCC. These tend to be cheaper than Club and Commercial sites but not always!

Denise

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Sorry I'm just learning - what are affiliated CL's?

not sure if this is what is meant by affiliated...

but all of the clubs in this list are exempted and can issue CL certificates .. including Motohomefun..

Organisations exempted under the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960 as of October 2018

some may only have one or two sites, while others like the Motorcaravanners Club have a lot more, and you can use them without being a member , they are listed on the website

Upvote 0
Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
We have been members of the C&CC for many years going back to when our children were young and we used to camp. We have used their travel service many times. When we bought a motorhome we joined the CAMC club as well , giving us a wider variety of UK sites. Both clubs have their own variations but at least you know what standard of facilities to expect It's not everybody's choice but it suits us.

Upvote 0

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
Been a member of both for many years. Finally decided not to renew CMC for various reasons:
1. C&CC much cheaper as we get over 65 discount.
2. As we tend to book at short notice, invariably CMC are always fully booked.
3. Needed help with a legal issue. CMC legal advice was simply dreadful, and mostly incorrect as we later discovered.

Puzzled by comment above, C&CC are very strict on distances between units.

Upvote 0
Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Nothing puzzling about my comment. I’ve been on plenty of C&CC sites and been “invaded” nearly every time. I won’t use them anymore for that very reason. It was about 4 years ago now so things may have changed. I’ll not try it again though.

Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
You haven't experienced being invaded until you have been on a busy French Aire. :D2

We have had an hour long conversations with the French couple next door without either of us leaving our motorhomes or raising our voices. Meeting new people is one of the many things I like about motorhoming.

Upvote 0
Aug 30, 2018
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Newbie soon to be ex Caravanner
The C&CC allow tents to pitch in any nooks and crannies that are available especially if they are busy. This applies to both Club sites and CS's. We have experienced being 'invaded' on Canterbury C&CC and on a CS where about 10 tents were squeezed in between the caravans. The CAMC generally don't allow tents and mostly have specific pitches whether on grass or hardstanding. .

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Re tunnel discounts from the Clubs, think I read on here recently that someone was bragging about CMC member discounts on The Chunnel of 5-10%, however it "politely" pointed out that by booking with Eurotunnel direct, and not using any other booking agencies, that a 20% discount was attained.....Was this true or a load of fluff?
We will find out next Spring I suppose.
Les

Upvote 0

Norfolk Nomad

Free Member
Feb 23, 2017
Feltwell
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2017
Worth joining CCC just for RAC arrival, no size or weight limits and you are covered in any vehicle.

Upvote 0
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
We saved £200 Hull-Zeebrugge crossing and got 4 nights camping vouchers with C&MC. Also got a 30% discount at Beaulieu when we went to Lymington this year. That's our membership fee covered four times over.

Upvote 0
Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
After arrival at the reception - The Caravan and Motorhome Club members are allowed to walk around the site and choose their pitch -- Not the same for the Camping Club Members unless things have changed since our last visit when we were told to park in a place specified by the site warden which was crap - and we told him to keep it and stayed in a nearby layby for free.

Upvote 0

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Nothing puzzling about my comment. I’ve been on plenty of C&CC sites and been “invaded” nearly every time. I won’t use them anymore for that very reason. It was about 4 years ago now so things may have changed. I’ll not try it again though.

What exactly do you mean by invaded? I can't say I've ever felt like that on a C&CC site, although haven't used that many.

Denise

Upvote 0
Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
What exactly do you mean by invaded? I can't say I've ever felt like that on a C&CC site, although haven't used that many.

Denise
I mean getting surrounded on 3 sides by extremely noisy, selfish tent occupants. Some within 2 metres of my van. They seemed to be using me as shelter. I’ll never put myself in the position of that happening again.
I also go tent camping on my GS so I have nothing against camping.
When I went and complained about it to the warden all I got back was “ if you don’t like it then you know what you can do!” So I did.

Upvote 0
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Our tuppenceworth, cancelled CMC subs this year after many years membership, CCC for us are best, discounts for being wrinkles (quite a saving) Main sites are so much more friendlay and welcoming, their continental summer and winter sun rallies are second to none with good discounts on ferry saililings.

Upvote 0

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
We have been in both but now just in the C&MH club. We love their CL sites, which have five pitches and are usually quiet and peaceful. There are so many to choose from, we found we were not using our other membership.

We have used the C &MH club holiday insurance and they paid up without any problem, when we made a claim. We have also used their red pennant insurance. I especially like this as they cover repatriation of your MH and your dog, if necessary. Mr QFour was ill in Spain recently and they were very helpful.

Upvote 0

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
Our tuppenceworth, cancelled CMC subs this year after many years membership, CCC for us are best, discounts for being wrinkles (quite a saving) Main sites are so much more friendlay and welcoming, their continental summer and winter sun rallies are second to none with good discounts on ferry saililings.

Pleased to hear that, we've just booked a couple of CCC winter sun rallies. Likewise out CMC subs cancelled after many years.

Upvote 0

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We were with both but cancelled the cmc as we didn't really use it.
Always preferred ccc. Love the temp holiday sites and our disabled adult daughter is free when we book.

Upvote 0
Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
After visiting both 'club' stands (several times) at this years Peterborough show, we opted to join the C&CC.

Mainly because of the Temporary Holiday Sites, the discount for older members, and the Certificated Sites.. though the other lot also do certificated places.

What also put us off the C&MC was the fact that though they are aware that some members book lots of the better sites in advance and pick which ones they want, we were told they have no intention of doing anything about it.

Upvote 0
Nov 11, 2018
Brixham, Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2007
Was in both for many years but last year .. no this year .. I didn’t renew my C and CC membership as I found I wasn’t using their sites.

With a new-to-us van we will use more so will probably be in both next year.

As I get older, and older, and older, I prefer the comfort and elec hook up of main sites.

Join both , if you are a motorhomer look for a site with a bus stop either outside the gates or very close, and Bobs your jolly old.. I truthfully have no complaints about either club, finding NEARLY all wardens friendly and helpful.

Oops, sorry, I’m assuming free pass, but even so..

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back