Jan 15, 2008
South Wales Vallys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since October 07 but Caravanning since 1972
Hello All
We have an Autorail Scout No tow bar and have just bought 2 electric bikes which we think may be to heavy for our (4 bike) bike rack they may go inside but not sure as we haven't tried them as yet. any suggestions
Maureen

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Hi maureen
Can you remove the batterys? they're probably the heaviest part.
With them removed the two bikes shouldn't weigh much more than four normal ones i'd have thought. Of course lifting them onto the bike rack's another-thing :Doh:
Best of luck :thumb:

regards...nige

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
The Fiamma bike racks hold 50kg or 60kg depending on the model.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TinaGlenn

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Near King's Lynn
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
Hi Maureen,

We take the batteries off and have no problem. As has already been said they are almost as heavy as some of the bikes. We charge ours up as we are driving along. Just make sure that the battery terminals are clean and dry when you put the batteries back in again.
Tina

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi Maureen,

We take the batteries off and have no problem. As has already been said they are almost as heavy as some of the bikes. We charge ours up as we are driving along. Just make sure that the battery terminals are clean and dry when you put the batteries back in again.
Tina

And I have had a go on these and in my opinion it's cheeting:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

TinaGlenn

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Near King's Lynn
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
haha but you loved it really :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
A couple of people liked them so much they had to have their own as well, that nice man at the Stratford show did very well out of the funsters that weekend :winky:

Tina

Galway

Free Member
Nov 6, 2007
Galway Ireland
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
10 years
Hubby just bought a Urbanmover 44. Now he gone and fracture his shoulder at work.
From what we seen, he is going to enjoy it when we go to France in Sept.

OP
OP
MaureenD

MaureenD

Free Member
Jan 15, 2008
South Wales Vallys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi All
Thanks for your comments the batterys come off and they are quite heavy we have tried one on the rack and it seems OK
Maureen

OP
OP
MaureenD

MaureenD

Free Member
Jan 15, 2008
South Wales Vallys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi Tina
Just a question how do you charge the battery's as you go along please. Would be interested to know. We have an inverter onboard
Maureen

evans88

Free Member
Jul 8, 2008
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
What about a tow bar mounted rack? I've got a Thule 971 rack on my tow bar and a back box on my Fiamma bike rack. Combined the back box and 2 bikes weigh about the equivalent of your 2 electric bikes.

I've travelled about 28000 miles in Europe with no problems other than hitting a rut on the roadworks on the Barcelona ring road which slightly damaged the rack. Thule provide free spares.

aguilas389

Free Member
Jun 19, 2008
Aguilas. Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18months (3rd motorhome)
Electric Bikes

Hi Tina
Just a question how do you charge the battery's as you go along please. Would be interested to know. We have an inverter onboard
Maureen

Hi Maureen

What makes are your bikes, please? We have two Powabykes, but my wife finds that hers is to heavy for her and has had a problem managing it at times. Thanks. :cry:

OP
OP
MaureenD

MaureenD

Free Member
Jan 15, 2008
South Wales Vallys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Electric Bikes

Hi
Mine is a Fun 1 looks like a cycle and hubbys is a Fun 2 looks like a Scooter. Just twist and go plenty of power have switch for off road use which increase the speed.
Link Removed
Maureen

potjoe

Free Member
Aug 27, 2007
Telford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
two year
Elec -bike

:thumb::thumb::thumb: Hi, got my wife a fold up elec-bike of ebay only 20/21kgs with the battery on and the best £400 i have spent,it gets her about and with upto 30 miles on one charge.Now no need for a car.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi
Mine is a Fun 1 looks like a cycle and hubbys is a Fun 2 looks like a Scooter. Just twist and go plenty of power have switch for off road use which increase the speed.
Link Removed
Maureen

Hi looks to me like Jim has got a little side line going! Fun to Ride.:ROFLMAO:. I forgot to say Jane came home on Friday, she said I cant believe it she was following a police car and there was a bloke riding along the footpath on a scooter without a crash helmet and they never took any notice, I think this explains it. Thanks Bob.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back