Cheap 4g Mifi ... grab one while you can!!! (1 Viewer)

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I bought two and now have the second one for sale at £60.

It has has been unlocked but still has the original EE Sim. It was unlocked using my Three Sim so any purchaser of the Mifi would need to have a suitable mobile broadband Sim.

If anyone is interested please pm me.

Now sold thanks :thumb:

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
sitting here at West Bergholt Colchester using it on my home computer 4G. used it at Boston whilst up at Carols on her laptop 3G.... have now cancelled my hoplessly slow BT line and saved 25 quid a month.:thumb::Smile::Smile:

STILL HIGHLY DELIGHTED:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Used ours this weekend at Whitwell, Notts. S80 4RP

The signal was terrible with more 2G than 3G, and certainly no 4G. :Sad:

The older E586 3G MiFi (with a T Mobile sim card) gave a slightly better signal, and roamed between T-Mobile and Orange. We don't have a good EE/T Mobile/Orange signal at home, so not really been able to see the potential of our E5776 4G MiFi yet.

Cheers,

Jock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

herbies

Free Member
Apr 17, 2013
somewhere in south devon
Funster No
MH
hymer b694
Exp
huawei

HELP!
I am having a very hard time with this.
now my mac wont open the page for ee ie
Broken Link Removed

i still cant connect to the internet although i think ive done everything and paid 13 quid to top up the b******* thing!
any help please
ta

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It sounds like your mac (antivirus/browser) has blocked the site.

Have you done everything as instructed on:

http://melsweb.yolasite.com/

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Yes, and absolutely no problems.........also no issues on ipad or iphone either. Do you have any security software running on your mac- I know most people don't but there is a Morton for Mac which is just awful and causes huge problems on macs. If you have ANY antivirus software etc, disable it while you get the mifi to run. What browser are you using?

herbies

Free Member
Apr 17, 2013
somewhere in south devon
Funster No
MH
hymer b694
Exp
i have today spoken to apple and they say that the 192.168.1.1 is an IP address and they do not know why my Mac wont open the page
any more ideas please

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Herbies

Hi
I had a similar problem on my Macbook,what I did was connected the Hauwei to the Mac via its usb cable, switch on the hauwei and let it upload the driver.
You should get a short-cut icon on your desktop open this and click on the MY BROADBAND this should now open the EE page and ask you for the unlock code,then just follow the rest of the instructions from MEL.:thumb:

PM me if still having problems and I will try to help:thumb:

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Just bought one. Daft question do I need to activate it first or can I just get it unlocked.
Dont want to give them my bank details and then cancel if I dont have to.

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
If you just bought one directly without going with the EE/Currys offer, then you can unlock it and use whatever card you like in it. If it was the EE offer, then surely you had to give your bank details as part of the process?

Either way, its not a hassle-phone EE to cancel the monthly contract, use the 6GB you paid for and then unlock or use whatever data card you like. Unlocking makes it useable for other networks as well as EE. If you stay with EE then don't bother to unlock, otherwise for the sake of about 99p, its worth doing.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Just picked up my 3 sim... Apparently they are already rolling out 4g.. And i may be able to get it in East London... ::bigsmile:

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks for the heads up on lower price, just got one, now got to unlock it:thumb:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The answer may be somewhere in the 12 pages of this thread but to save me looking - and my current connection is very slow - what voltage does this thing work off? I am assuming it has a 240 volt power supply, but what voltage goes into the unit? Or does it have batteries, rechargeables, clockwork? My interest is whether it can be used when not connected to the mains as our van doesn't have an inverter. If it runs off 12 volts that would be ideal.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
It's rechargeable and runs off a micro usb connector... Like most mobiles now (5v?)

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
The answer may be somewhere in the 12 pages of this thread but to save me looking - and my current connection is very slow - what voltage does this thing work off? I am assuming it has a 240 volt power supply, but what voltage goes into the unit? Or does it have batteries, rechargeables, clockwork? My interest is whether it can be used when not connected to the mains as our van doesn't have an inverter. If it runs off 12 volts that would be ideal.

It runs off an internal rechargeable battery.

You can recharge it with a 240V mains adaptor or direct from your PC / laptop, as it has a USB connection, so guess about 5V DC

A USB charger socket that you plug in your cigarette lighter in the van will do the job. I have read in different places, that the battery life can be somewhere between 5 and 10 hours....

Guess battery life can depend if it is searching for a signal or a long way from a mast.....

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I charges either from your laptop/computer via USB, or via 230v (mains), as it works via USB it must have a low input I would think so I can't say whether using it direct from 12v would work, however, you can get 12v to USB converters so that might be an option.

It has a built in re-chargeable battery which has a very good life, officially 10 hours in use or 500 hours on standby, so you do not have to have it connected to the mains/12v for it to work - it is referred to as a 'pocket' MIFI as you can take it with you.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Many thanks for your replies. I have fitted a USB socket in place of one of the cigar lighter sockets so I don't need to use an adaptor. Not essential but more reliable for charging while driving.

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
I've decided to stay with EE at present, it gives by far the best 4G coverage and for all the other providers adverts I think they only apply in London and not till the new year:thumb::thumb:

Lindylooj

Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
Weymouth, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Newbie from Oct 2011
Help

Hi all, just got round to buying an unlock code for mifi and cannot for life of me access the web browser I was sent with it. Broken Link Removed

is that what everyone used to unlock or should I be doing something else.

trying to get it sorted before we set off for the weekend, up to Longleat. :Smile:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I connected via usb lead, knocked the wireless off my laptop and it connected to the browser straight away. Entered the unlock code and it was done.
Try just the Link Removed part only
Allan

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
I've decided to stay with EE at present, it gives by far the best 4G coverage and for all the other providers adverts I think they only apply in London and not till the new year:thumb::thumb:

I agree - found an offer on Martin Lewis' site which discounted the normal £21 EE tariff for a 5GB monthly package to £10 - which I think is unbeatable at the moment, and is a rolling monthly contract so no long tie in and lasts as long as
the contract is live. I have ditched the 3g slot usage in my ipad2 as the 4g mifi is sooo much faster and nicer to use - it defaults back to 3g if there is no 4g signal. I seem to manage to 4g in South Birmingham from my office, so I am very pleased indeed. £10 a month for 5GB 4g seems a bargain. :thumb:

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Hi all, just got round to buying an unlock code for mifi and cannot for life of me access the web browser I was sent with it. Broken Link Removed

is that what everyone used to unlock or should I be doing something else.

trying to get it sorted before we set off for the weekend, up to Longleat. :Smile:

This is how you do it:

http://melsweb.yolasite.com/

:thumb:

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
I agree - found an offer on Martin Lewis' site which discounted the normal £21 EE tariff for a 5GB monthly package to £10 - which I think is unbeatable at the moment, and is a rolling monthly contract so no long tie in and lasts as long as
the contract is live. I have ditched the 3g slot usage in my ipad2 as the 4g mifi is sooo much faster and nicer to use - it defaults back to 3g if there is no 4g signal. I seem to manage to 4g in South Birmingham from my office, so I am very pleased indeed. £10 a month for 5GB 4g seems a bargain. :thumb:

Do you have alink to that offer, I had a look but couldnt find it :RollEyes:

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Do you have alink to that offer, I had a look but couldnt find it :RollEyes:

I think you have missed it, it was only available for 72 hours - will keep an eye out and give the heads up if I see any more special deals. I had to phone EE for something and even they said this was a really cheap deal. I am sure they will have another promo. :thumb:

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Wow - that was quick You posted at just gone 10pm and I tried almost straight away,but it had gone already. It did sound exceptionally good. Please let us know of anything else as good :thumb:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Well, my daughter seems to have taken a shine to my unit and has asked to have it. :Doh:
Looks like I will need to buy another, currys still have them but the price has gone up to £59.99. They are sim free though so no contract to sign up for.
Anybody seen any cheaper offers before I have to go and spend proper money on one?
Allan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back