stolen motorhome-I don't believe it (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Couples vehicle stolen from a car wash! I can't believe their lack of vigilance. The insurers may dispute a claim as it was due to their negligence.
http://www.caravantimes.co.uk/news/insurance/crime/elderly-couple-shocked-as-peugeot-motorhome-stolen-at-carwash-$21382647.htm?source=newsletter

OP
OP
bigfoot
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Strange that didn't appear in the article I read,in that case the car wash should be liable.
Some making preparations for the Appleby fair!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
That's less than 2 miles from where we live
I doubt insurance will pay up but I truly hope so it must be devastating for them

Why wouldn't insurance pay up? They weren't negligent in any way. The insurers will very probably pursue the car wash company for reparation but that's not the owners problem.

Tim

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Car wash company probably back in EASTERN EUROPE now. BUSBY.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
This one is down to the car wash!

I doubt they will get anything back though!:Angry:

We never trust ANYONE! I will hover around a garage when the van is in, doing my own security patrol. At MOT time recently, the garage manager took the keys into the workshop and hung them in a key box on the wall.

I had eyes on the keys until the MOT tester took them to the vehicle to drive it inside. Even then, whilst the van was inside, being warmed up for the emissions test, I ensured nobody approached the vehicle. If they had have done, stuff health and safety, I would have been in there to stop them going anywhere!

All a bit paranoid I know, but NOBODY can be trusted with YOUR property apart from YOU. One should take all precautions at all times!:thumb:

Of course, if one day it gets nicked, then feel free to take the p**s!::bigsmile:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
What an awful thing to happen! :Eeek:

IMV they should be paid out as it is still theft - even if the car wash doesn't pay up their own insurance company should still cover it and then pursue the car wash company for the 'loss' - not nice at all for the couple but at least the dog is safe and if this happened to us that would be the most important thing, couldn't bear the though of my little monsters being nicked!!! :cry:

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I had a shop in Morley. It was always a crime hotspot and I regulary had problems. Glad to be out of there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back