No More Trade Stands at Warners Motorhome Shows (1 Viewer)

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
Whilst I totally understand your decision Jim , I am a little sad to hear this. I hope we can still find a place for funters to gather and have a good chat at the warners Rallies .

i thought, but i could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time, that if enough funsters attend then warners provide a marquee on the camping area?

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E720
Exp
Since 2020 - caravanned for 30 years before that
I understand your decision, its a lot of work to provide the marquee and services. Just sorry that we never managed to drop in and meet you. We'll be at Newbury as day visitors and I was looking forward to saying hello. We won't long be back from France so aren't camping.

Reactions: Jim
Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
We might still bring along the tea urn for the rally marshals' tent if space permits. But beyond a bit of marshalling we'll be chilling like the rest of you. Decision made, suddenly we're looking forward it. :D

Any chance the tea urn could be full of Pimm's Jim 😂🍻

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Sounds like a good decision. You will then have the time and opportunity to enjoy yourselves as others do with the chance of a natter with friends.
Best Wishes to you both.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jim

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Be careful with all that new found free time at shows. You seem to end up wandering round the trade area and buying crap (useful accessories) that you never knew you really needed.

And yes, you have earnt your retirement. A big thankyou from me for everything you do for Motorhome Fun and us, the members

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Fair play to you Jim

Out of interest does not having a stand affect Moho Fun having its own little area for the Warners gatherings.

Just wondered 😊

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Fair play to you Jim

Out of interest does not having a stand affect Moho Fun having its own little area for the Warners gatherings.

Just wondered 😊
No. Any club can ask for a dedicated space. Some only have half a dozen vans. The bigger groups are usually Fun, MCC, M&ACC, and C&CC.

The marquee used to be provided if we had 100 vans + but seems to have been a victim of the pandemic. 😟

They were good as all we had to do was move in and out, provided someone had a genny and a few lights. Unless Jim can negotiate a return I think it's gone forever. At Norwich there is an open ended barn we have hijacked (with Warner's blessing) for about 3 years, but there is nothing at Newbury or Lincoln.

To be honest, the tea tent was never really big enough if everyone wanted to come, the marquees were much larger. I suspect the late night community "hymn" singing is a thing of good past memories unfortunately.

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
With your love of land rovers and vans. Now you can trade them both in for this and have a wale of a time.
IMG_5343.jpeg

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
A good decision retirement , you will wonder where you found the time to go to work. You both don’t look old enough to be pensioners. Thankyou for all the hard work you’ve put into Fun tent at the shows

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Jim & Sian you have facilitated so many motorhomers meeting one another and becoming friends over the last 17 years the hard work you have put into building this amazing community and the Fun we have had, made so much difference to mine and Eddie's 17 years of fun filled retirement, and many others i know, now it's your time to really give yourselves some quality time enjoying this brilliant community you and Sian have created.
As we know time goes so quickly time to enjoy it.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
No. Any club can ask for a dedicated space. Some only have half a dozen vans. The bigger groups are usually Fun, MCC, M&ACC, and C&CC.​

The marquee used to be provided if we had 100 vans + but seems to have been a victim of the pandemic. 😟

They were good as all we had to do was move in and out, provided someone had a genny and a few lights. Unless Jim can negotiate a return I think it's gone forever. At Norwich there is an open ended barn we have hijacked (with Warner's blessing) for about 3 years, but there is nothing at Newbury or Lincoln.

To be honest, the tea tent was never really big enough if everyone wanted to come, the marquees were much larger. I suspect the late night community "hymn" singing is a thing of good past memories unfortunately.

Happy memories Robin, we can still see Jim singing. 😁

Trailer's for sale or rent
Rooms to let, 50 cents
No phone, no pool, no pets
I ain't got no cigarettes
Ah, but, two hours of pushin' broom
Buys an eight by twelve four-bit room
I'm a man of means by no means
King of the road. 😍 Bob.​

2012-06-23 20.57.59.jpg

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
We went to a motorhome show once. Ended up buying a motorhome. Not going again.🤣🤣
ha ha ..likewise.. went to Peterborough with a coachbuilt.. and bought a 36ft RV

Jim Sian
great decision , you have both earned some 'us' time ..

looking forward to seeing you and Sian again when we next visit your lovely site ..

all the best ..

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Can't say I blame you. It always seemed a tremendous amount of work. Time to have some fun (pun intended).

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
martin1485 quoted......

What WAS that song that Jim used to sit Sian down on a chair in front of everyone and then proceed to insult her????

Here you go Martin, ie, Allouette. ;)

Chorus: (Start with chorus first and then insert it between each verse)

Alouette, gentille, Alouette. Alouette, gentille plumerai.

Leader: Does she have the scraggly hair?

Group: Yes, she has the scraggly hair.

Leader: Scraggly hair.

Group: Scraggly hair.

Leader: Alouette. Group: Alouette.

(Chorus)

Leader: Does she have the furrowed brow?

Group: Yes, she has the furrowed brow.

Leader: Furrowed brow.

Group: Furrowed brow.

Leader: Scraggly hair.

Group: Scraggly hair.

Leader: Alouette.

Group: Alouette.

(Chorus)

(Continue in this fashion, adding the current descriptive phrase and then repeating all previous descriptive phrases)

Two glass eyes?

Broken nose?

Two capped teeth?

Double chin?

Saggy tits?

Pot belly?

Clammy thighs?

Furry thing?

Cheers,

Jock. ;)

Last edited:

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Well what can be said that hasn't already been said Jim ♥️ . You and Sain mean so much to us all here on Fun we are one big family and wish you all the best and all the Fun in the world . Enjoy ,

Ps can't wait for my state pension in September I've promised Bill I'll buy him a bottle of wrighters tears to share with ya Jim 🤗👍 xxx
Kate

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Unfortunately I am.
You've made the right decision then, but time takes it's toll and from now on in and you won't believe how quickly it passes.:eek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back