Anyone got confirmed news Re Fiat Ducato build delays (3 Viewers)

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Hi, I am awaiting a new Adria PVC which should have been here last October but keeps on getting put back on a monthly basis. Now end of June and I don’t believe it will come then if I’m honest. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if it finally arrived in 2023!

Trying to get any information of the true delay situation from the manufacturers, let alone information that you can trust to be correct and up to date, I am finding impossible. Nothing on the news for Europe but some in America Re shifts being closed at factories there from 2 to 1 a day, but that is about Stellantis car plants I believe.

The delays all appear to revolve around Stellantis production in Italy at their Sevel plant but still none the wiser as to specifically why. Saying the Pandemic repeatedly does not do it for me now.

I would just like to get some honest understanding of why the monthly delays continue and I think all Fiat based manufacturers are pretty much the same.

I wanted to start this Thread for comments from anyone who has got confirmed news or information, rather than rumours and speculation, although if my experiences are the same as others no one will be able to confidently add an update, but here goes 👍🏻

Regards in advance if anyone can add anything

Jul 13, 2022
Tarragona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
When I was waiting for my van, that was my 1st fear, cancellation.
The 2nd was that the dealer could broke because the lack of vans arriving.
Luckily we had our van, but some other (like french builder Randger) cancelled orders with our dealer.

So disapointing.

I Feel your pain Lenny.

Upvote 0
Mar 15, 2022
Bromley
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo TD690
Exp
Newbie, rented several times
We cancelled our order for a new Malibu PVC (and got the deposit back) in Sept 22, having waited 6 months by that point and even then knowing it would be at least another 12 months minimum. Partly because the price was not guaranteed. After much searching and head scratching we ended up bought a 4-year old Burstner Lyseo low profile in July for approx £12k lower than the Malibu would have cost us and, having been away twice so far, couldn't be happier with it. Reading Lenny's story and reflecting that Malibu are part of Carthago, I'm very pleased we cancelled when we did!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 21, 2014
Hertford
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
9years
Harwich last week. Hope this brings some comfort to those waiting for Adria PVC vans. Couldn't make out delivery notes though so don't know where they are going.
IMG_8025.JPG

Upvote 0
Jun 14, 2022
Funster No
MH
VW Transporter T5
26 months in and we have our second chassis number! Hopefully this one isn’t cancelled! Is the end in sight?! Delivery due oct 19th 640 SLB auto in Iron Grey.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Any news on this Lenny HB ?
Still trying to find the truth but I think I've been stiched up.

Anyway I've found another van:-

A customer cancelled the order but the dealer kept the order live as it had price protection, it's Carthago's largest dealer so there shouldn't be any problems. Due next March so it will be a 2024 model at 2022 prices.

I've been able to make converter changes but not to the chassis as that has been locked into the system.
So it means it's RHD not very keen on that but don't want to wait another Year to 18 months for a van and by that time it will cost a lot more & my van will be worth a lot less.
It's also on the light chassis but the dealer will register it at 3850kg and it's possible to go to 4000 with air.
As for other chassis bit's I can't change, Fiat 10" infotainment system with electronic dash (not keen on that and it's £2½k)
Central locking (pointless when you only use one door, another £400),.
Rear corner steadies (something that will never be used another £385),
Alloy wheels (wouldn't order myself but look pretty, another £775),
Heavy duty front springs (£540).
Can't add front fog lights but I'm sure I can sort something out myself, need something with the diabolical headlights.

On the hab side decided to keep the Media package, TV, & cabinet + reversing camera & monitor, it's nearly £2k didn't have on the original I ordered.
Without it I would have to pay £650 for the cabinet and there are only a coulple of TV's that may fit & may not be able to wire a reversing camera into the Fiat unit so would probably only save 500 to 600 and give myself a lot of grief (I must be getting old).

Keeping the dropdown bed, saves £575 and I've had nothing but ear bending from 'er indoors since I ordered cupboards instead on the other one.

The only thing I can't change on the hab side is the electric option on the Truma Combi it's standard on RHD but you have to pay £645 for it, we have only ever had gas heating which suits us fine.

Reduced the rest of the spec to save cost & get rid of things we didn't want:

Got rid of the Oven & Grill, don't like where or how it's fitted. £950.
Garage upgrade, needle felt & net pockets. £305
Socket upgrade. £430 for 3 mains sockets & 2 USB.
Gas bottle pull out system. £570, my 14kg Alugas won't fit with that.
World of sleeping. £360 for fitted sheets and a couple of cushions.
Carpets. £495.
TV connection to rear bed area £300.

Changed the upholstery for a slightly better one & only got charged the 2022 price.

Although a year on and we are now getting less for our trade in, if we don't have full air and just fit semi-air on the rear our cost to change will only be a couple of k more. (Still working on her for full air).

Compactline's are as rare as rocking horse shit as they can only build them on the Fiat. Scoured Germany only a few new ones for sale and most were either manual or 140hp engine, only suitable one was speced to the hilt and would have been 8k more.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022

A customer cancelled the order but the dealer kept the order live as it had price protection, it's Carthago's largest dealer so there shouldn't be any problems. Due next March so it will be a 2024 model at 2022 prices.

I've been able to make converter changes but not to the chassis as that has been locked into the system.
So it means it's RHD not very keen on that but don't want to wait another Year to 18 months for a van and by that time it will cost a lot more & my van will be worth a lot less.
It's also on the light chassis but the dealer will register it at 3850kg and it's possible to go to 4000 with air.
As for other chassis bit's I can't change, Fiat 10" infotainment system with electronic dash (not keen on that and it's £2½k)
Can't add front fog lights but I'm sure I can sort something out myself, need something with the diabolical headlights.

On the hab side decided to keep the Media package, TV, & cabinet + reversing camera & monitor, it's nearly £2k didn't have on the original I ordered.
Without it I would have to pay £650 for the cabinet and there are only a coulple of TV's that may fit & may not be able to wire a reversing camera into the Fiat unit so would probably only save 500 to 600 and give myself a lot of grief (I must be getting old).

Keeping the dropdown bed, saves £575 and I've had nothing but ear bending from 'er indoors since I ordered cupboards instead on the other one.

The only thing I can't change on the hab side is the electric option on the Truma Combi it's standard on RHD but you have to pay £645 for it, we have only ever had gas heating which suits us fine.

Carpets. £495.

Changed the upholstery for a slightly better one & only got charged the 2022 price.

Although a year on and we are now getting less for our trade in, if we don't have full air and just fit semi-air on the rear our cost to change will only be a couple of k more. (Still working on her for full air).

Compactlines are as rare as rocking horse shit as they can only build them on the Fiat. Scoured Germany only a few new ones for sale and most were either manual or 140hp engine, only suitable one was speced to the hilt and would have been 8k more.

Auto? And which engine?

At least you’re salvaging something from the debacle.

Upvote 0
Aug 6, 2020
North Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2014

Carpets. £495.

Compactlines are as rare as rocking horse shit as they can only build them on the Fiat. Scoured Germany only a few new ones for sale and most were either manual or 140hp engine, only suitable one was speced to the hilt and would have been 8k more.
Sounds a great van - 😁 Hope you get it when they’re now saying 🤞

Upvote 0
Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
A grey one
Exp
since 1996

Carpets. £495.

Very pleased you have something sorted, Lenny. It's not exactly what you wanted but still sounds like a great vehicle. Like me you will have to get used to RHD! We've only ever had LHDs, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Spent 30 years driving RHD cars in Germany so I'm used to being on the wrong side, so to speak. We have ended up with an oven/grill which we have only ever had on one van and only used it once so I may need to see if I can take it out. In a PVC it just takes up too much space.

Upvote 0
Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
A grey one
Exp
since 1996
Harwich last week. Hope this brings some comfort to those waiting for Adria PVC vans. Couldn't make out delivery notes though so don't know where they are going.View attachment 807668
Thanks for posting that. It's good to see they are actually coming in. Non of the darker one are ours though as non have factory fitted Truma airconditioning!
Ours is not due until end of November so plenty of time yet. Just pleased that others will be getting theirs soon by the looks of things.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Very pleased you have something sorted, Lenny. It's not exactly what you wanted but still sounds like a great vehicle. Like me you will have to get used to RHD! We've only ever had LHDs, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Spent 30 years driving RHD cars in Germany so I'm used to being on the wrong side, so to speak. We have ended up with an oven/grill which we have only ever had on one van and only used it once so I may need to see if I can take it out. In a PVC it just takes up too much space.
It's not the driving of a RHD it's the fact that it makes the left cab door redundant (no way will 'er in doors fill with smelly diesel). Also it's not ideal for the layout as in the driving position if you have the seat too far back it fouls on the side seat which is further forward and at an angle on this van.
It's a Compactline I 141.

Upvote 0
Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012

Carpets. £495.

Great you got something acceptable sorted

Upvote 0
Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
It's not the driving of a RHD it's the fact that it makes the left cab door redundant (no way will 'er in doors fill with smelly diesel). Also it's not ideal for the layout as in the driving position if you have the seat too far back it fouls on the side seat which is further forward and at an angle on this van.
It's a Compactline I 141.
Something smells fishy Lenny🤔 I would have thought it’s easier to get a left hand drive van rather than a right hand drive, do you think the dealer has had a better offer by charging someone full 2024 retail price on yours?

Upvote 0
May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Glad you've got sorted, Lenny.
Enjoy your new van👍.

Upvote 0
Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.

Carpets. £495.

Pleased that you found something, although specced to the hilt, left hand drive ? Heavy chassis? For an extra 8 grand sounds very attractive lol, I hope you get to the bottom of it and get some compensation, do you now think it is the dealer or the manufacturer who is trying it on?
What you have found now sound like a lot of compromises which hopefully you won’t regret 👍

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Upvote 0
Apr 20, 2020
Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
Great van with a great spec.
I am sure you will both be delighted with it.
Keeping the oven/grill option would make it more attractive to a lot of UK buyers when it comes time to sell, but at almost £1K it is expensive.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Great van with a great spec.
I am sure you will both be delighted with it.
Keeping the oven/grill option would make it more attractive to a lot of UK buyers when it comes time to sell, but at almost £1K it is expensive.
They mount it under the cutlery draw with no outside vent, they use the slim fridge in this range so no TecTower option. I'll probably be pushing up the daisies when it's sold.
Looking at fitting around 400 ah of Lithium so will be able to run a decent air fryer.

Upvote 0
Jul 24, 2022
Funster No
MH
Rapido 696f
:swear2::swear2::swear2::swear2::swear2::swear2::swear2::swear2::swear2::swear2::swear2::swear2::swear2::swear2::swear2::swear2:

Carthago have cancelled my order Bar**ds.
Absolutely gutted for you but glad you have another one lined up. In cases like this I really feel the dealers should start to earn their corn and come to an amicable agreement with the manufacturer.

Upvote 0

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Upvote 0