THIS week I bought (12 Viewers)

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
A Yuasa type 096 starter battery for the Audi Quattro which has a heavy V6 3.2litre lump that needs a 100% fit battery to turn it over.
20% discount using a pal's Halfords Trade card so £95 instead of £122. Saved enough for ............................................... 4 gallons of petrol o_O

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I thought it was a haemorrhoid cushion though why would you stick it on the window?
Because the glass is cold on yer bum.

Moon.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Yesterday I bought a CleverChef Pro, similar to a Ninja but half the price and British made (supposedly).

Today I cooked a whole roast chicken.
It was very good but it took twice as long, as it would have in my old pressure cooker, because it worked at a lower pressure.

It has some good points that my pressure cooker does not. A 24hr timer that can be set and instead of constant monitoring, it can be left to do it's own thing while I'm away, galivanting! :giggle:

I will experiment with a beef stew tomorrow and the only real complaint I have so far is, having to bend down to read the instruction screen as the lettering is very small on the scroll down menu.

(I love experimenting when you can taste the result!):Grin:

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
Expensive, but neat, with at least a 15 year shelf life with nil maintenance.

View attachment 596906
They're very good. I shall replace my two Firepal extinguishers with them when they are date expired, on the basis of the Fire Stick's much longer discharge time. Like you say, a bit eye-waveringly expensive, but much cheaper than major van repairs, or even replacement!

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
But what does it do? Is it like an extinguisher?
Yes, it is a fire extinguisher. Firesticks, like Water Mist extinguishers, are more expensive to buy than dry powder extinguishers but they do not destroy the interior of your motorhome.

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
This week I've spent rather a lot on the van, directly or indirectly....

New double wool duvet (a 'seconds' one, so slightly cheaper!)
Paid a deposit on a set of bespoke internal thermal screens which I'm having made to use when I don't want the external screens up.
New flags to replace the ones which are getting worn and which I fly on my van's flagpole. And new flagpole mounting rings which will be easier than the bungees currently used.
Couple of strings of bunting ready for 'Jubilee' events with the van.

I also bought a leather 'cuff' which is absolutely not for me but which I bought because the design made me think of trips away!!!

I bought in the 'box of bits' from the van and went through it to get rid of stuff I don't in reality use. Not much came out of it, which I suppose is a good thing, and at least one thing went back in which I don't think I've ever used, but is one of those 'just in case' items!

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
They're very good. I shall replace my two Firepal extinguishers with them when they are date expired, on the basis of the Fire Stick's much longer discharge time. Like you say, a bit eye-waveringly expensive, but much cheaper than major van repairs, or even replacement!
Think I may watch out for a used one on eBay

😉

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I am waiting delivery to fix the dreaded Fiat white paint flake on the bonnet.
I've been waiting for a delivery to fix mine santa didn’t so let's hope the Easter bunny will deliver a repair

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Expensive, but neat, with at least a 15 year shelf life with nil maintenance.

View attachment 596906

Thanks for the heads up on these fire extinguishers. They may be a bit pricey, but it's cheaper in the long run than replacing our JE-50's every 5 years.

If anybody wants to buy these Fire Safety Stick's then the cheapest retailer I found was this company at £67.96 each with free delivery.

https://www.cactusnav.com/fire-safety-stick-second-discharge-p-31615.html

1647964629362.png

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
This week I have acquired a Robins nest!

When rebuilding my large wooden shed last year, I left 2 holes as, in the past, I have occasionally been visited by Bats and Hedgehogs.

No bats this year but a Robin has decided that she likes the new building but where has she decided to build, not in the vast open spaces but incorporated my screws and spirit levels into the mud and straw of her nest. Typical! :LOL:

JonnyWilson

Free Member
Feb 14, 2018
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner PVC OEM+
Exp
Since 2010
Bought some Auxbeam lights to mount in the grill for a bit of extra illumination and because I like the look of grill lights but don’t want an A bar on this van. I’ve made some mounts out of two shelf brackets and two bits of metal which will then clamp round the bumper bar so they can poke through the grill on either side of the front badge.

A44A7F28-BEB0-47A2-899F-56514452DE02.jpeg

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Bought some Auxbeam lights to mount in the grill for a bit of extra illumination and because I like the look of grill lights but don’t want an A bar on this van. I’ve made some mounts out of two shelf brackets and two bits of metal which will then clamp round the bumper bar so they can poke through the grill on either side of the front badge.

View attachment 599533
Do they flash blue?

😉🚔

NicM

Free Member
Oct 6, 2021
UK
Funster No
MH
Old Hymer
Exp
Yes, it is a fire extinguisher. Firesticks, like Water Mist extinguishers, are more expensive to buy than dry powder extinguishers but they do not destroy the interior of your motorhome.
Thinking of getting a fire stick, looks good, can get them Here.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back