France new Covid rules from 4th December? (4 Viewers)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
We are due to travel to France on 29th December.

With the difficulty of obtaining a test and proving that it is negative, over the Christmas period, we have decided to postpone our trip.

Trusting a private company to respond in a timely fashion over the Christmas holidays is enough for us to back out. We will now spend our money on a tour in the U.K. saving our France/Spain trip until the spring when we hope the situation will be more settled.
There should be no difficulty in obtaining a test. You depart on the 29th so depending on departure time can get tested on the 27th, 28th or possible the 29th. Plenty of testing services available and I bet there will be one or more fairly close to you that is affordable too.

Sep 8, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson 510 on Ford
Exp
Since 2013
Still nervous about getting the 11.20 tonight, it means I’ll be crossing through the French border (Folkestone) on the 3rd and getting in France on the 4th😳😳 hope I’m not delayed🤞🤞
Talk about cutting it fine😳😳

Eurofins have a sampling station at Asda in Ashford and can provide a LFT result in 15 minutes. Need to pre-book though and it closes at 6.30pm but there may well be others.

Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
Does anybody know if the certificates sent out but Gov recommended antigen tests companies . I mean the tests kits that you do the sampling yourself at home ,upload a picture of the result plus picture of your ID and get a certificate in return an hour later. Eg this company Rapidtraveltest.co.uk.

Or has anybody used this type of test at home company for travel before ?
Thanks

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Does anybody know if the certificates sent out but Gov recommended antigen tests companies . I mean the tests kits that you do the sampling yourself at home ,upload a picture of the result plus picture of your ID and get a certificate in return an hour later. Eg this company Rapidtraveltest.co.uk.

Or has anybody used this type of test at home company for travel before ?
Thanks

I think you have answered your own question. The home page of Rapidtraveltest clearly states they are a Government approved tester and their Fit To Fly certificates are accepted by a number of countries including France. What's more their telephone number is at the top of their home page too.
O

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I have to ask my mum the way it is operated when it's a pharmacist as she has not been jabbed at all ( her decision ) and need a valid pass each time she goes to hospital, which is at least twice a month at the moment.
Mind you...I can also ask baby Axel's dad...HE is a pharmacist and owns the pharmacy ! I now have tests at home early morning when he brings (or Is it"takes" here? I always make the mistake!!!) his baby to me and 3rd jab will be done at home too... Easy job! 😁
Right , asked her, and obviously got it wrong. The auto test, is not valid to enter any indoor place such as hospitals bars restaurants etc...
Only the Antigen test done by a pharmacist can, as he can generate a QR code that up dates your pass and makes it valid. Apologies for giving wrong info!

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
The instore pharmacy at Sainsburys Newhaven, about 5 mins drive from the Ferry Port, is offering appointments for anti gen tests for £29.99, with results in 20 minutes. So grab a bit of shopping, top up the diesel, get the result and back to the Ferry queue!

Appointments available throughout Tuesday, but expect the available slots will go quickly now though

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
Right , asked her, and obviously got it wrong. The auto test, is not valid to enter any indoor place such as hospitals bars restaurants etc...
Only the Antigen test done by a pharmacist can, as he can generate a QR code that up dates your pass and makes it valid. Apologies for giving wrong info!
You shouldn't have consulted your mother, Frankie; you should have asked your Aunty Jen ... :rolleyes: :LOL:

Steve

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
At the moment we have the Portsmouth to Cherbourg ferry booked which leaves at 11 pm on Boxing Day, just had a look at Brittany Ferries website and it says that all documents are checked prior to departure so have booked our tests at a Lloyds Pharmacy for 9.30 on Christmas Day morning. That keeps it well within the 48 hours and does not disturb our Christmas dinner too much with our family.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
here if you tested + you had to isolate for 10 days & then supply a - test to exit. One of the boys next door, after his isolation , had to have a daily test for 17 days before he could leave isolation.
Sorry just catching up.

You can't do anything about it. It's not guaranteed you will tests positive but just more likely.

However difference between eu and UK is that he eu accept recently recovered from covid status but the UK doesn't and has no way of recording this.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
However difference between eu and UK is that he eu accept recently recovered from covid status but the UK doesn't and has no way of recording this.
The spanish have now rescinded this for any non-eu citizens to vaccinated only for entry by direct routes..

CL

Dec 4, 2021
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Just seen this on France 24 latest news - negative Covid 19 test mandatory for all travellers from Saturday ........

Yes, pre travel vaccinated check within 48hrs of departure from the UK, then test 48 hours before returning, then two days quarantine until arrival test in the UK is verified negative

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Yes, pre travel vaccinated check within 48hrs of departure from the UK, then test 48 hours before returning, then two days quarantine until arrival test in the UK is verified negative
Thanks for the info, we come home Saturday so I got to have a negative test on Friday over here in Germany, then do my Pre booked PCR test on Saturday??
That’s a bloody slim window for covid to creep in, especially as between the test and getting home I’m only likely to see a fuel pump person and the Eurotunnel staff! Someone is making shit loads of money out of this me thinks🤔

Can anyone tell me what happens if god forbid I test positive? Do I have to stay here?

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Announced in the independent & also spanish papers .Pcr required to enter France for non-eu

https://elpais.com/sociedad/2021-12...-pasaporte-covid-y-vacunacion-en-directo.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/trave...adds-negative-test-travel-rules-b1967674.html

That's English,French & spanish reporting the same information.

Sep 3, 2014
Eccles, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
American RV A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Read the info on eurotunnel website. We booked our test in Norwich for 9.40 Boxing Day (they are open Xmas day too) cost is £58 for the two of us we travel to France on Eurotunnel the next day. 🤞🏻 😊

Mikethebike2016

Free Member
Mar 19, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1992
I’ve spent the last 45 minutes trying to get more information as I’m booked on euro tunnel on 27 December. Going to be a big problem finding somewhere open to get tested 24 / 48 hours before travel . Hoping the UK isn’t included in this new rules …… 🤞🤞
Just seen this on France 24 latest news - negative Covid 19 test mandatory for all travellers from Saturday ........

On a similar theme, has anyone travelled from Dover to Calais by ferry recently, if so did the French check the contents of your fridge for meat or dairy products.

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
The spanish have now rescinded this for any non-eu citizens to vaccinated only for entry by direct routes..
Gus, the UK Gov website changed again last night at 20:11. For UK residents accompanying EU citizens on travelto Spain, the 'recent recovery from COVID' remains valid

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back