90 days abroad (6 Viewers)

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
Yes I just copied it completely. There are specific rules for Ireland as I understand that this is because they are not in the Schengen area. From my understanding travelling with someone who has Irish passport in the Scehengan area means that the UK passport holder as long as they are with their partner can stay with them for a period over 90 days where this occurs.
The examples start at the foot of Page 17 {2.1.1] and have Chinese, Indian and other nationalities swanning around, sometimes alone, sometimes with their EU spouse, sometimes alone and then joining up with the EU spouse, having a gay old time [for up to 8 months in 1 example!]. Something to look forward to for next year, perhaps.

Steve

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
I like my other half, we are joined at the hip😇, I think she can still cycle to the bakery on her own if she wishes though, as long as you are around somewhere😇😆
If you're both joined at the hip, you must ride a tandem side saddle for the visits to the Bakery ... Might catch on, you never know ... :unsure: :LOL:

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
There are only four types of visa. Work, student, non lucrative and golden( for rich people) From 2022 the Etias scheme effectively waives the need for a maximum of 90days in 180 for any of those visas. This will only happen if Schengen can get all of its entry and exit ports to become digital which is why at the moment 3rd country nationals, that includes us, are having their passports stamped.
AFAICS The Golden Visa can be cheaper dependant on which country you go for, Spain is Euros 500K, Portugal 350K Greece 250K, and it doesnt have to be a dwelling, it can be an investment in a business or property and you can rent it out. Come retirement will certainly work for some although you do have to question the morals as it is in effect selling passports.

Aug 11, 2019
North Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 700
Exp
A newbie
AFAICS The Golden Visa can be cheaper dependant on which country you go for, Spain is Euros 500K, Portugal 350K Greece 250K, and it doesnt have to be a dwelling, it can be an investment in a business or property and you can rent it out. Come retirement will certainly work for some although you do have to question the morals as it is in effect selling passports.
Surely a passport is just a bit of paper? You choose the most convenient one ( or more ) that you have an entitlement to. It does not define who, or what, you are.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Surely a passport is just a bit of paper? You choose the most convenient one ( or more ) that you have an entitlement to. It does not define who, or what, you are.
The passport once purchased means that anybody with enough money has freedom to move in the whole Schengen area, can you seriously not see potential problems with that?

Deleted User
The passport once purchased means that anybody with enough money has freedom to move in the whole Schengen area, can you seriously not see potential problems with that?
It seems to me that anyone with enough money can move anywhere they want/do anything they want at present and have been able to do for a long time.

Russian oligarchs, Arab princes............

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
It seems to me that anyone with enough money can move anywhere they want/do anything they want at present and have been able to do for a long time.

Agreed still worrying but you re talking proper money with them, 250k would be within the reach of fairly low grade criminals or terrorists.

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No

But can they buy happiness? Hard to imagine Mr Abramovich posting 'Whoopee, taking delivery of 2016 5.99m Van tomorrow. Then off to the Leisure Centre Car Park for an overnighter just to find out how/if everything works. Not too far to run back if we've forgotten anything! Exciting, or what?' ... :unsure: :LOL:

And as for Sheikh Your Booty ... ;)

Steve

Oct 14, 2018
Nantwich, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G781C Emotion
Exp
Caravanning over 30 years, Motorhoming 16 months
I am still unsure about the regulations on the time lapse for going abroad. Friends of ours are going to France for the month of September and they normally winter in Spain. Can they still go to Spain 90 days from the return at the end of September in early January as someone else has told them it would be doubtful under current restrictions.
Use the on line Schengen calculator. Google will take you too it.
The system is not as simple as it seems at first sight, but the calculator works just fine.

Aug 11, 2019
North Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 700
Exp
A newbie
I completely agree. But that just illustrates what a nonsense the system has become. I use a German passport to enter the EU to retain my freedom of movement. I use a UK passport to re-enter the UK. And a South African passport to enter South Africa without a limit on my stay. As a travel document the UK passport now has less utility because of the freedom of movement that was surrendered. But it is currently worth retaining while resident.
The UK has sold passports and residency to ”high net worth individuals” for many years. Hence the popularity of the UK property market for laundering criminal proceeds.

Jacket

Free Member
Sep 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner Delfin T695
Exp
15 years
Forgive my ignorance but I am still confused,. I am planning to arrive in Spain 20th November 2021 and depart 10th Feb 2022 (83 days). When could I go back for another 83 days?

Oct 19, 2015
Burgess Hill, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 580
Exp
Since 2016
Forgive my ignorance but I am still confused,. I am planning to arrive in Spain 20th November 2021 and depart 10th Feb 2022 (83 days). When could I go back for another 83 days?

It's quite simple, the immigration office explained it like this. 90 days within Europe 90 days back in the UK then you can do another 90 days in Europe.

So what is the answer?

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
The way I look at it, you have 7 days in Lieu , so you need to wait 83 days before you can go again, but don’t take my word for it.

Last edited:

Jacket

Free Member
Sep 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner Delfin T695
Exp
15 years
It really is confusing, imagine trying to work out 10 days one trip 14 days another and so on!

Oct 19, 2015
Burgess Hill, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 580
Exp
Since 2016
Mickey1 is close.

According to the two Schengen calculators, the answer is 12 May 2022 which I calculate to be a full 90 days after the return.

1629620641698.png

1629620565784.png

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp

210bhp

Free Member
Apr 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar
Exp
I’m a newbie
Just a quick sidetrack Question. Does the 90/180 rule apply the other way round? A Spanish resident planning a Motorhome trip to the UK for instance.

regards
mike

Apr 28, 2019
Herne Bay Kent CT65HT
Funster No
MH
charisma 11 A class.
Exp
since 1972
Well now ,,,short of trawling through ALL the relevant rules/regulations/advisories etc etc ,,has anyone actually overstayed and been caught out ??
If so ,,,what happened ,,did the vehicle get seized, were you put in jail,, were you fined,,slapped on the wrist ,,or WHAT ?? !!

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
Well now ,,,short of trawling through ALL the relevant rules/regulations/advisories etc etc ,,has anyone actually overstayed and been caught out ??
If so ,,,what happened ,,did the vehicle get seized, were you put in jail,, were you fined,,slapped on the wrist ,,or WHAT ?? !!

Do feel free to be the first couple of Funsters to discover the sanctions! I have no intention of risking deportation and/or a ban from re-entering for X years, or inviting further scrutiny post ban, because the databases flag me up as an overstayer.

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back