Subs are going up on the 3rd August (3 Viewers)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Subs have been the same price here for almost 8 years. On Monday they will go up a fiver a year, to £20. This rise plays an essential part in our plans to keep this the very best place for motorhome enthusiasts and continue to make it better and better.

I know from bitter experience this will make some of you moan, 😡but please don’t do it here, if you don’t see the value, if you don’t want to pay, no one is forcing you to, just don’t renew when the time comes. No hard feelings from me. (y) If you pay your subs with a PayPal standing order it will be automatically adjusted to the new rate.

It’s not all bad news, this is the first subs rise since we introduced Life Membership, so I imagine most life members will be delighted with this news. :D

Thanks

Before the subs go up, I am offering people the chance to grab multiple years at LESS than the old rate. If you fancy some of that then click on one of the options below and the extra subs will be added to your account over the course of the next few days

Buy 3 years @ £40

Buy 5 years @ £75

10 Years @ £110

Life Membership @ £150

Jim

Is Paypal the only way to pay for 3 years as the annual renewal option can be by bank transfer.

I have not used Paypal for years and when I tried to login the authentification code did not arrive on my phone.

I am happy to pay to the bank details listed on the my annual subscription page.

I assume the 3 years will run from my renewal ate in Dec '21.

Geoff

Reactions: Jim
Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
I renewed in June will the 3 year subscription also start in June 2022

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: Jim
Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
Jim does the like mean if I go for the 3 year that 3 years will start in 2022?
thanks.

Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Caravanner 40 years. Motorhome 8
Just paid for 3 years.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I'm definitely delighted. I bought my life membership not long after renewing my yearly sub, but I reckon im due to be breaking even soon.(y)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Just paid for 3 years presume this will add onto my present subs which would auto renew June 2022, have been into my PayPal account and cancelled the auto yearly renew. 👍👍👍

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Worth it just for old-mo and his jokes, he is my hero, even went to Weymouth to try and bump into him. Strange that he went away at the same time. 😁😁😁
I twigged it now that’s why Old-Mo keeps moving, he doesn’t want to have his fans knocking on his door 🙀🙀

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Hope I live long enough to get the value out of my £20. 🤣🤣🤣
Why do you think so many folks sign up for life membership?

Just hoping to play the % when the dice get rolled.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I'm not normally in favour of a paying forum and this is the only one I'm prepared to pay for.
It's got to be one of the best forums going, seems a bit strange the owner being the only moderator but it works because he is fair and only really clamps down on the idiots.

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Me and old-mo got in early on the life membership scheme.

We were due to take our idea to Dragons Den but Mo lost his nerve.*

*plus he had no more tea urns.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Think a 33% hike will chase a lot of yearly subscribers away
When you look at the amount of members and the amount that post even less the amount that do useful posts it will probably clear out a lot of the dross. No offence intended to those who are members and prefer to look rather than post.

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
Seems a lot 25% increase. 50,000 members x £20. Think I might have to move on next year. Only joined this year during a discount period. Shame because I do enjoy the site
Do you know the costs Jim has to put up with? It’s not a big jump to be honest. Also seems selfish to say I only joined for the discounts, nothing to do with the friendly community or the wealth of knowledge.

Jan 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Jim, thanks for the advance warning and option to pre-purchase future years at a discounted price. Lots of businesses wouldn't have offered that fair option and would simply have increased the price, with little or no warning.

A further 3 years just paid for to add on on at expiry of current. Thank you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back