LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Hi There I’m thinking of getting front seat covers for my new MH Chausson 2020 Fiat based; looking for great quality and fitting for both drivers and passenger seats did not get any for my last MH and the passenger seat got stained and the driver’s seat corner started to wear getting in and out of the vehicle.
There is so many to choose from I thought it might be better to get your opinion from you good people before deciding.
Best Wishes Tony

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Maybe not quite in line with what you were thinking of, but sheepskins are very comfortable.
They are cool in the heat of the summer and warm and cosy when it's cold.

Here are ours.

1627049323981.png

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Maybe not quite in line with what you were thinking of, but sheepskins are very comfortable.
They are cool in the heat of the summer and warm and cosy when it's cold.
Hi Two on Tour yes you are right they are not really what I'm thinking about but thanks anyway.
I'm surprised that you say they are cool in the summer; I would of thought the opposite.
Best Wishes Tony

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Hi There I’m thinking of getting front seat covers for my new MH Chausson 2020 Fiat based; looking for great quality and fitting for both drivers and passenger seats did not get any for my last MH and the passenger seat got stained and the driver’s seat corner started to wear getting in and out of the vehicle.
There is so many to choose from I thought it might be better to get your opinion from you good people before deciding.
Best Wishes Tony
Something like this maybe?

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Hi Jonno1103
Yes that is definitely something I will consider; have you got them fitted to your MH?
Tony

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Jonno1103
Yes that is definitely something I will consider; have you got them fitted to your MH?
Tony
No, just a company I know a few converters have used in the past.

We use what it came with. Our seats are surrounded by hard wearing faux leather which means there's no real wear like you get with a weaved fabric. I think the Chausson is the same as some of the interior furnishings such as the heavyweight scatter cushions are an identical design to our Auto trail?

We also use a canister of Dr Beckmann stain remover which has a brush applicator and Vanish dry foam which you leave for an hour then just vacuum off, both of which are easily capable of removing wine, coffee, tea etc even blood. Also keeps the seats in the cab and habitation area fresh.

Wikky

Free Member
Aug 6, 2020
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Since 2003
We just use a couple of travel blankets which cover the base and back of the seats. Works well and us cheap.
Perhaps Brakers driving is conducive to the passenger seat being stained?🤣.

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
+1 For Skyeskins. Warm in winter, cool in summer and work a treat even over here where its currently 32c - no sweaty bums and lovely and soft for long distances. Highly recommended.

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Jonno1103 How easy are they to fit? Do they fit over the originals and is there are knack to it? Thanks.
They're a stretch fabric so really all you need to be is a bit assertive to get them into position. You can fix them under the front of the seat squab by using the original manufacturers securing clip. Bremer also make and supply the industry with production line seat covers so it's important to speak to them to emphasise that it's removable covers you're after.

Speve's UKATEX link is to another quality manufacturer, recommend them too.

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
But how do they fit with the built-in headrests, have looked at various shops etc but not bought yet need to get size .

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
As its an almost new van how about treating yourself and getting it re-upolstered in leather.

Where are you hiding Tony, I don't recognise the flag on your avatar?

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Where are you hiding Tony, I don't recognise the flag on your avatar?
Not sure why that was there must be something to do with the VPN I'm using I think. Although the VPN says I'm on an English server.

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Hovering over the flag it says Romainia; I've just dissabled the VPN and see what happens now.
Looks like I'm back in the UK hooray

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
As its an almost new van how about treating yourself and getting it re-upolstered in leather.
Hi Lenny Not realy keen on Leather; I must admit it looks good but other than that I would rather have fabric of some sort.

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
But how do they fit with the built-in headrests,
I'm the same as you; I've got built in headrests so tucking them between headrest and the main seat won't work for me.

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
I bought a couple of extra large sheepskins from this guy earlier in the year.
His prices are way cheaper than those of Skyeskins.
Hi There those skins are certinly cheaper than Skyeskyns even if they are seconds, the problem I and POH have is that we have built in headrests so can't secure them inbetween the headrest and the main seat.
Best Wishes Tony

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I was wondering how long it would take till someone takes the micky; by the way it was a pen which leaked.
Best Wishes Tony
If it isn't too big a stain then a very careful application of acetone (nail polish remover) might help. Acetone is flamable and stinks so be careful. Oh, and the usual advice to try a small patch first.

Out sheepskins came from Devon https://barnscroft.com/ and they wash in the washing machine :) You need the double. We hold them on with these: Amazon product ASIN B08DHLMJYY

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I'm the same as you; I've got built in headrests so tucking them between headrest and the main seat won't work for me.

These are the new extra long sheepskins I bought from the eBay seller, and Yvette sowed on a length of velcro near the top of the skins to strap them to the headrest, which would work okay for your integral headrests.

Just popped out to our van to get these photo for you.

1627116617847.png

1627116633317.png

1627116702085.png

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
If it isn't too big a stain then a very careful application of acetone (nail polish remover) might help. Acetone is flamable and stinks so be careful. Oh, and the usual advice to try a small patch first.
Hi Puddleduck You know they say "whoever they are" you never stop learning; although I've used nail polish remover all my life LOL; I've never heard that it can remove stains; another good idea to keep in the old and I mean old brain matter.
By the way the stain has gone with the old MH.
Come on you pee takers have fun with this one.
Best Wishes Tony

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back