Seat Covers (1 Viewer)

Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Having a large Old English Sheepdog ( who loves to sit on the seat when parked up ), we need covers that are quick and easy to remove and washable. After years of trying different solutions we now use large bath towels, tuck them in well around the seat and they never move.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Hi Puddleduck You know they say "whoever they are" you never stop learning; although I've used nail polish remover all my life LOL; I've never heard that it can remove stains; another good idea to keep in the old and I mean old brain matter.
By the way the stain has gone with the old MH.
Come on you pee takers have fun with this one.
Best Wishes Tony

It is pretty much just acetone which is quite a powerful solvent.

I remember my Mum spilling nail polish on a posh dress and the remover dissolved the lining fabric - whoops! I think the fabric was probably an acetate lining.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
A few have said about sheepskins and two have indicated about Skyeskyns; how are these held on do they come with straps etc?
I'm warming to them LOL
We have double end to ends and just drape the top 10 - 12 inches over the top of the headrest so it hangs down the back. After a few days sitting on them they kind of mould / settle to the contours of your seat back and squab and just stay put.

Delboyarapaho

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 17, 2013
Herts UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner for T
Exp
Since 2013
I'm the same as you; I've got built in headrests so tucking them between headrest and the main seat won't work for me.
I bought two double sheepskins and having built in headrests they wouldn’t stay folded over the top of the seat. So I bought a leather hole punch and some extra long white shoe laces. I chopped off about 15 inches of the narrow end (it was dangling on the floor anyway) and punched holes around the bit I had cut off and the matching end to create an envelope that fits over the headrest really neatly.
they have been used now for 6 months and haven’t moved in all that time.
They are very comfortable the only downside is the area you sit on needs regular combing to stop it looking matted

Mar 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix
Exp
13 years
Hi There I’m thinking of getting front seat covers for my new MH Chausson 2020 Fiat based; looking for great quality and fitting for both drivers and passenger seats did not get any for my last MH and the passenger seat got stained and the driver’s seat corner started to wear getting in and out of the vehicle.
There is so many to choose from I thought it might be better to get your opinion from you good people before deciding.
Best Wishes Tony
Amazon do some seat covers made of cotton towelling fabric
Fit well to our Fiat adria Motorhome various colours we chose grey
They have been washed a few times and still look good

Reactions: f6c
Mar 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix
Exp
13 years
Amazon do some seat covers made of cotton towelling fabric
Fit well to our Fiat adria Motorhome various colours we chose grey
They have been washed a few times and still look good
1967EC1B-2DD5-4489-9D03-84EA387602DA.png

Apr 23, 2015
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Ford Coach built
Exp
3 years and counting
I would highly recommend www.motorhomeseatcovers.co.uk. We've used them three times and haven't been disappointed yet. A great range of tailored and semi tailored styles. Good range of colours and fabrics. They do cars seat covers as well.

JohnZeus

Free Member
May 26, 2021
Funster No
MH
IH N-Class 630RL
Exp
Since 2018
Hi
we bought sheepskin covers from New Zealand, there was a discount and postage was free. It was from here
We were on holiday and instead of buying while we were there, they advised us to do it on-line once we'd got back to the UK. The quality was excellent and they cover the headrests.
Good to compare prices
John

Jul 19, 2018
South Angus, South of the Sidlaws.
Funster No
MH
AutocruiseSelect184
Exp
Since 2011
Got these on Ebay a few months ago. They fit our Fiat Ducato front seats pretty well. So far they're doing a good job and not too costly.
Look OK as well.

May 28, 2018
Funster No
Hi Tony, i have a Chausson ( ford based ) it came factory fitted with seat covers and the Fiat based ones i have seen all had factory covers fitted, Tony

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back