Rally’s ... dare I ask what goes on? (1 Viewer)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
funflair
"I think your best bet is to turn up at a rally,"

Hmmmm! Interesting concept. Just "Turning up at a rally"

If you really want to see a Rally Marshall go puce, just turn up without him knowing you're coming.
Ah OK, should I have worded that differently🤔 Possibly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I seem to recall some controversy about that - one funster suggested that it was a good idea, based on the theory every rally has no-shows...:whistle2:
You are duly awarded the Gold Medal of the 'Grand Order of the wooden spoon'

1616863686842.png

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Perhaps I should note the thetford dates then 😊
Actually you would probably be better with a small informal rally at first. Our first one was at the Peterborough show with over 100 other funsters' motorhomes. Only got talking to half a dozen, as most people sat with friends they knew. That put us off a bit. The next one we went to was a small 15 van meet and we all sat in one large circle talking to everybody while DuxDeluxe served the Pimms.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Actually you would probably be better with a small informal rally at first. Our first one was at the Peterborough show with over 100 other funsters' motorhomes. Only got talking to half a dozen, as most people sat with friends they knew. That put us off a bit. The next one we went to was a small 15 van meet and we all sat in one large circle talking to everybody while DuxDeluxe served the Pimms.
Oh yes...... sounds very familiar. I much prefer the smaller meets as counter-intuitively you meet more people, unless like me you wander around grinning manically at everyone. My Pimms is legendary, apparently ;)
We didn't half get through a lot of it - someone had to raid Sainsgogs for some more

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Absolutely right!

I was lucky that my first rally was quite small and my initiation quite gentle.

I find that, even if people are gathered in groups, if you take your chair and a bottle of wine, you will be made very welcome. 😀

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
The first rule of Rally's is, you don't talk about Rally's.

The second rule of Rally's is, YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT RALLY'S
Everyone arrives, gets naked and the orgy starts!
You didn't mention the sacrifices?

Damn, broke rule 1. That's the sacrifice sorted :giggle:

PS. I've not been to one yet, but have a few booked and looking forward to them (y)

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
The Thetford one is just a gathering to talk about toilets.😊
Do you get bogged down often? :rolleyes: Or flushed with success? Or, perhaps bowled over? I imagine that music will be played from the cassette, mainly Chamber Music, and that the Motorhome Chat will carry reports from the Event, supported by a few more modest comments;)

Meanwhile, in tomorrow's Sun ...

Steve

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Do you get bogged down often? :rolleyes: Or flushed with success? Or, perhaps bowled over? I imagine that music will be played from the cassette, mainly Chamber Music, and that the Motorhome Chat will carry reports from the Event, supported by a few more modest comments;)

Meanwhile, in tomorrow's Sun ...

Steve
You fit right in here with that sense of humour (y) (y) (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back