New Aire-anyone fancy investing? (1 Viewer)

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Hopefully this could become the start of proper Aires in U.K. it’s going to be a big commitment.

EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
Arisaig is a lovely spot but I cannot help thinking they are aiming too high. Think they should forget starting with a facilities block and only startup with waste disposal and fresh water. Are showers and washing machines really a requirement? Most of us pay campsites for this stopping for an extended period or shower in our vehicles.
ezee

OP
OP
Potty
Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
Arisaig is a lovely spot but I cannot help thinking they are aiming too high. Think they should forget starting with a facilities block and only startup with waste disposal and fresh water. Are showers and washing machines really a requirement? Most of us pay campsites for this stopping for an extended period or shower in our vehicles.
ezee
Yes, I think they are doing too much. Parking, water and waste is all they need. There are several campsites in the area for those that want toilet, showers,etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Ridiculous they only need a parking area and maybe a dump tank

Friend of mine had a hardstanding for a big barn and 25m of road, cost him almost £350k just for the ground work and concrete. It was a big barn though, say half a football pitch.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Friend of mine had a hardstanding for a big barn and 25m of road, cost him almost £350k just for the ground work and concrete. It was a big barn though, say half a football pitch.
Different ball game when its structural. Mot is about £10/tonne. Sounds like they're being too ambitious, does arisaig need bespoke parking for 30 mhs with facilities block? Cant they just re mark an existing car park? There's certainly scope for that here in Shrewsbury. Fair play for trying though.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I think it's not really an investment more supporting the setting up of the Aire. It does make me wonder if I would be happy to invest then find no space if we went to visit!

OP
OP
Potty
Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
Different ball game when its structural. Mot is about £10/tonne. Sounds like they're being too ambitious, does arisaig need bespoke parking for 30 mhs with facilities block? Cant they just re mark an existing car park? There's certainly scope for that here in Shrewsbury. Fair play for trying though.
I think the idea is to get MHs just outside the village itself as it appears to be overrun by them parking in unsuitable places causing problems for the residents. Have just been having a very heated discussion with one objector who does’t seem to realise that this project would solve the very problems he is complaining about! He doesn’t appearwant anyone to visit his village, let alone MHs!

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
I think it's not really an investment more supporting the setting up of the Aire. It does make me wonder if I would be happy to invest then find no space if we went to visit!

I just had a look at the details and it is an offer to buy shares in the Ltd Co to be set up to develop and run the Aire.

Return on Investment is expected to be 2% at end of year two.

Ian

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Have just been having a very heated discussion with one objector who does’t seem to realise that this project would solve the very problems he is complaining about! He doesn’t appearwant anyone to visit his village, let alone MHs!

Hmm, he looks to be a recent ‘incomer’ to the village too. 🙄

Ian

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I just had a look at the details and it is an offer to buy shares in the Ltd Co to be set up to develop and run the Aire.

Return on Investment is expected to be 2% at end of year two.

Ian
If they said a certain number of spaces reserved for investors until 5 pm each day they would probably get more interest that being said I'm thinking of supporting it anyway.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Just had a response from Airisaig

saying that the 1 night limit is to allay commercial camp site owners fears of competition. They are considering extending it to 3nights for shareholders once it’s up and running.
I await their prospectus

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Usually the way Ian, so many incomers want to fiercely protect what they bought into.

Yes, it doesn’t surprise me Jon.

Ian

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Yes, it doesn’t surprise me Jon.

Ian
I remember living in the country and a new couple moved into the house down the road who came round to ask if I knew the name/telephone of the local farmer. Wanted to contact him to complain about the mud/dirty straw etc being left on the road by their tractors and messing up their car!

I explained that’s what happens in the country and to wait until he started muck spreading!

Another new neightbour wanted to start a petition to remove a local noisy cockerel - what did they really expect moving where they did.:LOL:

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Just had a response from Airisaig

saying that the 1 night limit is to allay commercial camp site owners fears of competition. They are considering extending it to 3nights for shareholders once it’s up and running.
I await their prospectus
Would be interested in a (read small) investment. Good to encourage these things happening

Nov 27, 2016
Notts
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Send me details where I can buy mot at £10 per tonne please.

Nov 27, 2016
Notts
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
20 tonne loads around here are upwards of £18 per tonne direct from quarry..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back