Ducato Windscreen Scuttle Leaks (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
PaulandChrissy
Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Hi Everyone
We now have solutions to all the engine bay leaks.
1 The Engine Water deflector solving the joint leak in the scuttle.
2 Scuttle hole enlargement kit reducing scuttle drainage problems
3 Ventilation water tray, for Bonnet vent water ingress problems.
All are in the classified.

Stay Safe Everyone. Paul and Chrissy.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Would you magic machine be able to do a rain / water gutter for above the sliding door on a PVC?

Stick on would be preferable as I would want to have to do any drilling.

Thinking about it, it would need to be rolled up for posting, is that feasible? :unsure: (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
There are products on the market, but since I purchased one of your flue products, just wondered if a drip guard above the door was possible for you.

The door aperture is approximately 1400mm wide, but would require an overlap at each end (maybe 20mm) so the water could run away from the door opening.

Width about 30mm, enough to 3M tape it to the top of the door frame and stick out proud of the door way......without it being too obvious. Make sense? You can see some water dripping in the photo.

Their is a thread on here somewhere, with other peopleā€™s solutions/ ideas, Iā€™ll see if I can find it. (y)

4600164C-2CB1-4F03-8418-B4B22CAEEA23.jpeg
F8EA00A6-D8C1-46A4-9558-BD7AC82C6DF3.jpeg

OP
OP
PaulandChrissy
Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Thatā€™s really nice of you to think of me. BUT. My printer canā€™t print things that long. Max length is 250mm. Anything I designed would have lots of joints to make it 1400mm long. Not practical really, and will be a bit weak with so many joints. Sorry. Hope you find something that does the job.

Cheers Paul and Chrissy.

Wikky

Free Member
Aug 6, 2020
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Since 2003
My son has a VW T5 and he ordered a rain water deflector from internet. It was stick on and looks good quality. Works well.

Stevelacoste

Free Member
Sep 18, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Everyone
Thought I would do a little thread on the Fiat Ducato X250 and its windscreen scuttle leak problem, as I have been asked about it a few times. The problem is in fact THREE problems. I will go through them in turn.

1) Blocked drains in the scuttle which really is a maintenance issue. Keeping the drains clear is imperative and I know itā€™s a pain especially in the autumn. There are three in all. Two small ones at either end of the scuttle around the wiper spindles. They are very small and block very easily. Make sure the pipe on the back is not knocked off when you clean them as water will drip onto the back of the headlights. (Bad). If left unattended the drivers side wiper spindle will seize up. (Bad). The third hole is much larger and is easier to clean out. Located just in front of the driver next to the off side wiper. Once again make sure the drain pipe on the back does not become detached or broken.

2) Leaking at the joint of the two halves of the scuttle in the centre. This was intended to be joined with some stupid tape that always perishes. I have designed a drip catcher to overcome this problem by diverting the inevitable flow of water to a more non destructive position in front of the engine, rather than into the engine injectors. (Bad and expensive).

3) Water dripping onto the air filter casing and into the heating intake duct. This comes from the vent in the bonnet on the passenger side. The water seeps from the grilles in the bonnet down into the vent and accumulates around the rubber seal on the leading edge of the duct. This is pretty easy to deal with. Drill a hole behind where the rubber seal is, to allow the water to escape and drip onto the air filter casing. It will not harm the casing and just looks worrying, but its OK. When drilling the hole, make sure you drill it over to the right so the water doesnā€™t drip onto the wiring loom below. (Bad).

Hope this has been of help, as I am sure most people are unaware that there are three leaks as apposed to one. Some pictures are below hopefully giving you a visual feel to my ramblings.

Paul and Chrissy
Hi Paul I have Ducato multijet with a missing hose at the end passenger side, do you know where I could buy such a thing
Thanks Steve

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Paul I have Ducato multijet with a missing hose at the end passenger side, do you know where I could buy such a thing
Thanks Steve
It's ordinary plastic clear pipe you can get from any aquatics store or the like.
Just take the insert along to get the correct size.
If the insert is missing also, then just buy a suitable plastic insert from plumbing bits and add a hose that fits it.
If you change the insert for a larger one as I have done then you just need to drill the thin plastic scuttle hole to suit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PaulandChrissy
Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Hi
Phill D is bang on the money. Just pop down to your local aquatic centre. An alternative is to search for aquarium piping on eBay. Just measure the internal diameter you need.

PaulandChrissy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back