planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
sorry Peter H, not aimed at you :ROFLMAO:

Just thought I would share mine.

Spoke to a CL on Wednesday as they are only 10 mins from home. Sittuated next to a canal and in very countrified location. Nikki and I decided we would like to go there. We have walked the bitch past there a few times and just thought it looked nice. There is nothing there in terms of the CL, no electric, no this no that just a bit of a field next to a canal and a few bins for rubbish and obviously a poo dump.

One van looks like it lives there but hey ho live and let live. We spoke to the lady and being as it was a CL begged her to let us stay and decide if we should join the Caravan Club (again) later. She agreed to let us try, and charged us a measly £5 for the priviledge. The idea was we could leave the big lad at home (14 going on 40) looking after the little lad (13) under the supervision of our neighbours and just pick them up at night to spend the night in the van with us. I could also go to the running club on Sunday am (9) drop the whingers I mean lads back at home to get back on there cyborg stuff and keep up my training.

Quite simply a stunning weekend. Nikki, the Bear and I walked 8 miles along the canal for a stunning pub lunch yesterday, came back and chilled at the van, picked up the kids about 9pm came back to the van, watched a family DVD that made us all laugh so much we fell out of the cab bed.
Went running with the club this am, got lost and ended up doing 9+miles in record time keeping up with another club runner, walked the bear some more, and now come home to have a nice whiskey and coke followed by a nice family takeaway. :thumb:

Our motorhome lives are changing and quickly, the lads dont want to come on mankey old weekends away, but are happy for the longer skiing and surfing holidays, fuel is massively expensive meaning we think of staying closer, but the enjoyment of spending both time with the women I love, a few hours with the kids I love, before going on to an exercise I love all whilst pursuing a hobby I love has been fantastic. :thumb:

So how's your weekend been funsters?

as good as mine?

Or as bad as Peter's battery saga?

Oh and I watched some men in White chasing some green men around a park trying to get an egg off them as well.

P.S now joining the caravan clun,, did I really say that?

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
OK so what the name? should I stay there when up your way?

BTW weekend OK mowed lawn yesterday.

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Mine's been a bit of a letdown. Staying at a site near Maidenhead as I came here for a job interview (only cleaning). Looked like I was the only applicant and everyone kept asking me when I started. Had an email yesterday to say I hadn't got the job because I have dogs. It's a dog friendly site but obviously not that dog friendly :cry: Back to square fliipin one

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
OK so what the name? should I stay there when up your way?

BTW weekend OK mowed lawn yesterday.

glad your Lawns looking good John, cant tell you about the site because information like that would result in certain death :ROFLMAO: lol, was going to text you to see if you fancied bringing the van over. In Hassal Green is the place

Mine's been a bit of a letdown. Staying at a site near Maidenhead as I came here for a job interview (only cleaning). Looked like I was the only applicant and everyone kept asking me when I started. Had an email yesterday to say I hadn't got the job because I have dogs. It's a dog friendly site but obviously not that dog friendly :cry: Back to square fliipin one

No not the dogs chuck, must be the red hair :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Im sure you will find something soon. :thumb:

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
great weekend thanks
left home fri afternoon
stopped at the big blue fish bar near ollerton and had fish chips and peas for tea
arrived at clumber park caravan club site and had a couple of beers
chilled out and watched comic releif
sat went for a six mile walk round the lake and visitor facilites
listed to the footy and watched the telly
cooked breakfast on the safari chef both days
came home today
only half an hour from home but could have been a million
one caravan owner as he emptied his waste says is it worth it for a weekend
CAUSE IT IS
no mobile phone signal great

chatsworth two weeks ago Germany for a week in April

cant beat it sitting in the sun cooking tha bacon
JUST NEED TO RETIRE NOW BUT THAT IS MANY YEARS OFF

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Absolutely wonderful, wall to wall sun, shorts only weather temp in the van 28' and its been like that for days. I'm in heaven.

Doug...

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
[QUOTE No not the dogs chuck, must be the red hair :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Im sure you will find something soon. :thumb:[/QUOTE]

Could be the hair. He mentioned the dogs as soon as I sat down but the other cleaners have a dog? Go figure. In a really nice area too - gutted :cry:

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
We've just started two weeks on a cHaven site.

We've already been swimming a couple of times, been for a picnic on the beach in the rain :thumb: , been mortified by hundreds of obscenely-dressed young girls here for a dance competition :Eeek: , cooked some fantastic food and chatted with some lovely families.

Now it's long days ahead of free swimming lessons, craft sessions, archery, fencing (with swords, not wooden posts, Roger), long walks on the beach and bike rides.

Easy life...

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Not a great weekend but not a bad one either,

Had mother in law staying for the weekend, hard work, but gone back home now.
The kids were very dutiful and attentive to their nanna, who they dont get to see to often. So the duties been done for another year.

The shame is that it was a cracking weekend weather wise, and kept getting bulletins from friends saying how nice the weather was and how great it was to be away in the van.

But there are other weekends.

Glad you haganaps had a great time.

Pat

lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Stayed at home ...

What a waste i know,, but needed catchy up time in the house.

Hope the weather stays nice for next weekend

Leanne :Smile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Had a trip to Redcar yesterday to give the car a bit of exercise cos it's been poorly. Bought some Goodswens pies for lunch :thumb:

Otherwise gently getting the van ready for Newark and our first trip of the year.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Absolutely wonderful, wall to wall sun, shorts only weather temp in the van 28' and its been like that for days. I'm in heaven.

Doug...

Where are you at present Doug?

LBrown

Free Member
Dec 22, 2010
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
Ours been similar to PeterH's weekend! Fitted new batteries, then had to figure out why still no power (hopefully sorted), then figure out why gennie not starting (not sorted). Pestered everyone on here and RVOC to find answers (thank you pappajohn,olley and everyone else for your help).

Not all bad tho'. Spent all weekend with hubby, had an early sunday morning ride out on the motorbike to blow the cobwebs away and as RV parked on their drive at mo seen a fair bit of grandkids too! Just eaten, had a VERY nice G&T and now gonna get another!

See you all next weekend at Newark, with or without a gennie!

Lisa

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
glad your Lawns looking good John, cant tell you about the site because information like that would result in certain death :ROFLMAO: lol, was going to text you to see if you fancied bringing the van over. In Hassal Green is the place

Cant google'd cos it brings me straight back to your famous posting Paul, so PM please:winky::coolthumb:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Work and more work for me from friday till this afternoon,
thanks to the person who parked the vehicle they were driving last saturday without a handbrake on, and said vehicle decided to take itself on a journey till it hit our taxibus. So Bill has had an enforced holiday for a week

Insurance have given us a loan vehicle (not daft £195 a day - glad its not us paying) as expecting to still have it for at least 4 weeks, but have spent most of friday and Saturday morning getting it through our council taxi test, and today filling in the forms that arrived on friday for the insurance claim. I do know that the insurance company we will be claiming from hadnt even been notified by their client of the incident on friday and we had been off the road for 6 days then, and if they havent made any arrangements by next friday our insurance company will sort the repair and then get onto them.

Will be glad to get to newark next weekend.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Glad you had a nice weekend hagnap like you we will pop away for a night and only be 10m from home but feels like the other side of the world.

My weekend started not to bad had a game of golf on Friday afternoon and win the £ of my brother if you know him you will realise its a big thing for him to part with money.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sophie had her friends stay over on fri night so 3 13 year old girls in the house great fun:ROFLMAO:

Sat morning missed my golf to take Lorraine and Sophie + friend shopping in Glasgow for upcoming holiday to Jamaica spent about £400 and i got a pair of flip flops from premark at £1.50 should go with my mankini. (will post pics after hols):ROFLMAO:

Up this morning and went for a run with Lorraine as couldn't be bothered with gym. Who is doing really well on her fitness kick only did 3m but this is only her second run.

Then watched the Celtic Rangers cup final and not happy with result thats all i will say :ROFLMAO:

So a great weekend and i have a new pair of flip flops

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Just back from a brilliant 3 nights at Wareham Forest Holiday Park. Really nice park, fairly quiet when we got there on Thursday but very busy Fri/Sat. Met up with old friends of ours & had 3 or our grandchildren stay with us overnight on Saturday. First BarBQ of the year...19 March, must be the earliest ever.

We were pitched opposite the toilet block and have been watching amazed at the amount of people who drive from their pitch to the toilet. At least 15-20 every day :Doh::Doh:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
We were pitched opposite the toilet block and have been watching amazed at the amount of people who drive from their pitch to the toilet. At least 15-20 every day :Doh::Doh:

But the other side of the coin is you watching them Garry:winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Sat morning put up trellis in garden then went to Swaffam and stayed at the White Horse pub in their car park and had a couple of pints of real ale and some red wine and some fizzy wine (celebrating 31st Wedding Anniversay this week) and had good food.
Back to day to see Granddaughter in dance show.
Now relaxing with glass of red.....

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Sat morning put up trellis in garden then went to Swaffam and stayed at the White Horse pub in their car park and had a couple of pints of real ale and some red wine and some fizzy wine (celebrating 31st Wedding Anniversay this week) and had good food.
Back to day to see Granddaughter in dance show.
Now relaxing with glass of red.....

Congratulations :coolthumb::thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
what a weekend.

nowt but problems.....anyone know anything about volvo diesels ? :roflmto:

never been right since i changed the injector pump belt....bad starting and cutting out.

had a look yesterday and made it worse

had another look today and killed it altogether :Angry:

what was wrong with a good old mechanical injector pump....nowt, but they must play silly buggers and fit ECU controlled stuff.
still mechanical but fired by leccy.

on top of that our internet is down....just about all weekend.
even me dongles playing up.....running at 7.2meg yet takes ages to download new pages.

sod it !!!! i'm off to bed. :roflmto:

upside is i spend half an hour in the rv checking the appliances ready for newark, and the catalytic room heater is working better than ever...hope i dont need it but its there if i do. :thumb:

roll on newark !

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
We just had the weekend parked up on the harbour car park in sunny Scarborough £6.00 to park with two others very nice!!!!!!!:Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Woke up on Friday to blazing hot sunshine... quick consultation with the powers to be and off to Quinta Majay I hurried as best one can "hurry" in an old Hymer...

Couldn't make an internet connection so raked up some cuttings from the vines...

Bed early... with Kindle

Up on Saturday to glorious sun and went straight to vine pruning (and raking up the off cuts.)

Lunchtime tried internet and connected straight away... listened to footy and rugby, pottered in the sun, overheated so cooled of sitting in the shade and sipping cool Portuguese beer...

Moved a load of cuttings into a large pile...

Exhausted...

Went into Chat for a bit... internet cut off... bed and Kindle...

Sunday... blazing hot... no connection... strimmed around my large anthill (leaving them in peace of course.)

Went to the lower section and prune 18 vines...

Lunchtime no connection... made a meal (horrid) and had a couple of beers... lovely.

4.30... no connection so packed up and headed back to Studio making a detour around Figueira dos Vinhos...

Arrived at 7.00... internet connections from all over the place...

Check into Fun...

Post this...

JJ

Attachments

• This weekend 1.jpg
    This weekend 1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 36
  • This weekend 2 (2).jpg
    This weekend 2 (2).jpg
    94 KB · Views: 35
  • This weekend 2.jpg
    This weekend 2.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 37
  • This weekend 3.jpg
    This weekend 3.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 35
  • This weekend 5.jpg
    This weekend 5.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Blated Xmas party at Driffield with Yorkshire MCC, a bit superstious about xmas out of season so we celebrated St Patrick day instead. New wetherspoons opened in driffield, as weather was a bit barmy had a few bevies. Back to showground to catch the end of kids xmas party with 32 kids (they were well behaved), balloon man made me a shamrock for evening party. Finally rolled into bed at 1.00am, all in all a good weekend, roll on Newark so we can do it all again (not the party) but the FUN. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sheila & Mick

Lynn ( Mrs Ash )

Free Member
Aug 16, 2010
(The Midlands) Nuneaton
Funster No
MH
A-Class Frankia 640 Exclu
Exp
9 yrs
We had a lovely 3 day's at Sturdys Castle Nr Banbury , we marshalled a rally for Swift , lovely rally field next to a lovely pub, room for 24 vans , fantastic weather and a great chill out weekend with friends ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Saturday I did a birthday lunch for mother in laws 80th birthday, (bless her she though she was having sunday lunch) sat night our for a drink with friends. Sunday took Toby for a walk with some doggy friends to a local country park for an hour, back to polish camper for next week, Newark, then did the ironing, prepared sunday lunch, now time to watch dancing on ice semi final and back to work tomorrow!!:Blush:

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Just got home from a weekend at Wells Next The Sea. Me Lynn, Ashley and Charly our 3 year old grandson.
One of the best weekends away ever, grerat weather and even though Charley never shut up it was fantastic. I realy did'nt want to go home.
Hard to believe we were on the beach until 5.00pm in March.

kickstart

Free Member
Dec 13, 2008
south yorkshire, Benidorm
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 years
Glad you all are making the best of the weather,we have just got back from the Mablethorpe Bike Fest weekend,great weather for a change great stunt show on Saturday,and the last of the beach races on Sunday and all free so folks didn't mind filling the buckets up for the air ambulance fund. spent the night on the Haven site Golden Sands only £12 and we are sure we could hear our lads leaving R.A.F Coningsby to visit Gadafi !!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back