How Was Your Weekend? (1 Viewer)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
How was your weekend ?

Lovely.
We went to Brugge for the weekend with the kids and Jacobs " shes my friend not my girlfriend:Blush: " Helen.
The weather was lovely , bright blue cloudless skies . We hired a horse and trap and had a tour around the city , climbed up the bell tower , walked for miles around the cobbled streets , ate loads of belgian chocolate and chips and mayonaise. :Blush:
There was a prossession through the main street too. Something that we have never seen when we have been there before. Huge brightly coloured floats 2 stories high , no health and safety here:whatthe: each with very loud speakers playing music. Pulled by huge tractors with enormous wheels. Throwing sweets into the crowds lining the narrow streets. Firing confetti all over the place. Brass bands and children dancing ending with what we think , was the mayor and mayoress in all their finery in an open top car. It was really good.

Now the kids are older , we get more " our" time whilst on board. As the kids love to wander around the ferry and do their own thing .
Ralph and I sat in Lanagans wine bar , before dinner as we set sail , with a bottle of champers and watched the huge moon setting over the sea.
( thankyou lady for the £20:winky: :ROFLMAO:)

These P&O weekend breaks are a great change to the weekends away in the motorhome but you do end up coming home half a stone heavier , with all the food on offer on board . Infact too many of them and I wouldn't need a blow up fat fairy suit.
Bev

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Glad you all are making the best of the weather,we have just got back from the Mablethorpe Bike Fest weekend,great weather for a change great stunt show on Saturday,and the last of the beach races on Sunday and all free so folks didn't mind filling the buckets up for the air ambulance fund. spent the night on the Haven site Golden Sands only £12 and we are sure we could hear our lads leaving R.A.F Coningsby to visit Gadafi !!!

We had our first weekend away this year, at a CL a couple of miles before Mablethorpe and heard you on the beach. We parked at the seal sanctuary so that Ellie could have a run on the beach and thought the noise must be coming from the Go karts at Golden Sands.

However, it's been tough on our wallets this weekend. We stopped at O'Leary's at Beverley to get a new water pump, which Sandy fitted before we set off again, then our full tank of water was empty on Sunday morning as a result of a leak under the basin in the bathroom. So we stopped at Magnum Motorhomes (an absolute treasure chest) in Grimsby and bought a new tap and pipes for the bathroom which Sandy also had to fit. I'm just off out to fill the tank and see if the leak has stopped now.

BTW, the CL we stopped at was lovely and we were the only ones there. There was a lovely shower and toilet block too. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Ivy

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Had a great time in Liverpool.Went for the St Patrick's day celebrations and got back home this afternoon "Tuesday".
Was surprised to see so many Irish spending the weekend there,and was told its cheaper to come over for the weekend than stay in Dublin paying £4.50p £5.00 a pint.The many Irish bars did a roaring trade and the craic was good.
Had a ride on the Liverpool wheel and a walk round docklands which must admit have changed a lot since I used to load out of there.
All in all a great weekend was had.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Between rugby matches and bouts of uncontrollable sobbing, me and sian hung a gate and did some fencing:Smile: ( John and Kath (Champers) had helped concrete the posts in a couple of weekends ago)

We now have a CFL entrance::bigsmile:

tynyfronfencing.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back