Free Member
Jul 13, 2017
Bressuire, Deux-Sevres
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Off and on since 2015
I the quest to find a window van that works ideally upside down or on its side, after seeing a few video reviews on YouTube I went out and bought a Karcher WV6 window vac.
First impressions of it are that is far far better than the pretty poor Karcher WV70 which we bought some time ago and spits out water if turned upside down and the better but still spitting a bit Lidl's Karcher copy.
This WV6 has a very flexible blade setup on it which allows you to turn the window vac through about 120 degrees of rotation on the blade.
I also tested it by putting water in the water pickup reservoir, starting it up and then inverting the window vac and there was a little bit of gurgling and a few drip but on the whole with initial testing it could be a winner.

The very flexible blade is a big improvement for reaching and coming off the bottom of the house windows.

Currys/PC World have got 20 quit off them at present.

View attachment 360356

View attachment 360357

View attachment 360358

View attachment 360359

View attachment 360360
Window cleaning = Autoglym "expressglass" and a microfibre. (Leclerc own brand "Eco" window cleaner is also pretty good at about 0.50€ for a big squirty bottle)

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
Over the years, apart the adhesive plastic floor tiles moving (shrinking ?) and the floor being bl**dy cold I brought some carpet tiles, and now I’m installing them ?? feel better already

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Window cleaning = Autoglym "expressglass" and a microfibre. (Leclerc own brand "Eco" window cleaner is also pretty good at about 0.50€ for a big squirty bottle)

You have the wrong end of the stick for what most of us use a window vac for, it's not for cleaning the windows which of course it can, it's for get off the condensation which forms on the windows, mainly the windscreen on inside of the van overnight.
Most other ways of trying to remove this condensation results in puddles of water on the dash and worse, running down to areas at the bottom of the windscreen that you can not get to to clean it up.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
It is a very simple; but effective thingy, for putting your socks on without needing to bend down for those of us who have mobility and flexibility problems.

Helps you take them off too

JJ :cool:

Time I fear, is not far away when I will have a need to make good use of one. :frowny:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Markas

Free Member
Jul 13, 2017
Bressuire, Deux-Sevres
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Off and on since 2015
You have the wrong end of the stick for what most of us use a window vac for, it's not for cleaning the windows which of course it can, it's for get off the condensation which forms on the windows, mainly the windscreen on inside of the van overnight.
Most other ways of trying to remove this condensation results in puddles of water on the dash and worse, running down to areas at the bottom of the windscreen that you can not get to to clean it up.
I stand corrected (said the man in the orthopaedic shoes)

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
Today I bought a box full of “Intentions and time to accompany”.
I was so disappointed when I saw what was inside the box, but hubby says it’s just what we needed.
F4D1B6D3-8233-420D-A73A-C68D5033C24A.jpeg

Last edited:

Euro330

Banned
Aug 16, 2019
Carnoustie
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 640
Exp
About 5years
Actually bought it last week. Kampa Motor rally Air Pro XL 260. This is my 5th Kampa awning now. Only reason i sold others was first 2 i sold with other MoHo`s. Other two I bought from sites taking a bit of a gamble, turned out both were excellent and sold them on making a wee profit. This one I travelled about 150 miles round trip for. Guy was asking £300 which i paid for it. He was given bad advise as he has a caravan and was told that this was what he would need!
He tried it on his caravan, far too big, contacted company he bought it from who replied as he had bought wrong thing he did not qualify for a return.
Completely new. Still had wrap around internal air valves, curtains still in sealed bag, pegs never seen earth, only the pump was not still sealed as he pumped it up to check air bladder. 2018 model that he had been trying to sell for over a year.
He was happy to get it sold and I am delighted.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Pair of mirror guards, mattress protector. Set of cutlery, flat waterhose that you do not have to unravel to use as it has 3 smaller tubes within the outercase.

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
Hi, can you please tell me where you got the hose ?
Cheers
Alan

Feb 28, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 175
Exp
This what I bought, and it's going to be useful,I hope on the motorhome.

Attachments

• IMG_20200207_102156.jpg
    IMG_20200207_102156.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 128
Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
I got mine at
PRESTERN carvans sales
LANCASHIRE

They are the spellings on my card receipt

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
it does take a little longer to fill a tank but you don't have to unreel it.
Used to have one. But it was really slow. Got very embarrassing when trying to fill my 130 litre tank at fill points. Often got cut off before full on those timed filling points, so had to put another jetton in. Queues started forming with loads of muttered comments in several languages. So it had to go.

Feb 28, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 175
Exp
Yes for cleaning under the panels, and around the skylights.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Used to have one. But it was really slow. Got very embarrassing when trying to fill my 130 litre tank at fill points. Often got cut off before full on those timed filling points, so had to put another jetton in. Queues started forming with loads of muttered comments in several languages. So it had to go.
We use ours at home & carry a flat hose on a reel for rallies. Can see your point about using it at Aire filling points!

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010

This was my finding of it too. It's now relegated to use as the filling hose at home so I don't have to bother getting the one from the van out.

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I bought a Marcle set and fitted it meself. Piece of Pee and worked a treat.

however back to the Thread,

THIS WEEK I BOUGHT A DYSON VACUM CLEANER :moon::moon: To all those that don't agree that this is the best product on the market, my lady friends told me so :Eeek::thanks:
Two things Inna Moho that are indispensable,,, imho,,,
A Dyson.
And copious rolls of kitchen Tissue.
????

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Funny how the human mind works.

We have been happy to spend thousands on our motorhome by fitting a levelling system, solar panels, lithium battery, B2B, cab blinds, extra security, so on and so on, but we hummed and harred about investing in a defibrillator due to their cost.

After coming to our senses and realising that our lives are worth more than a grand or so, we have bought a defibrillator just in case, which can be in easy reach when at home or away in the motorhome.

As a coincidence, earlier this week a 25 year old electrician accidentally got a wack off of a 415 volt supply where Yvette works, which stopped his heart.
Luckily for him there was a defibrillator to hand and after two shocks from the defibrillator his heart was restarted before the paramedics arrived. He left hospital yesterday and what if a defibrillator was not to hand ?

1581169584436.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back