Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Funny how the human mind works.

We have been happy to spend thousands on our motorhome by fitting a levelling system, solar panels, lithium battery, B2B, cab blinds, extra security, so on and so on, but we hummed and harred about investing in a defibrillator due to their cost.

After coming to our senses and realising that our lives are worth more than a grand or so, we have bought a defibrillator just in case, which can be in easy reach when at home or away in the motorhome.

As a coincidence, earlier this week a 25 year old electrician accidentally got a wack off of a 415 volt supply where Yvette works, which stopped his heart.
Luckily for him there was a defibrillator to hand and after two shocks from the defibrillator his heart was restarted before the paramedics arrived. He left hospital yesterday and what if a defibrillator was not to hand ?

View attachment 361648
It does make good sense - something I've considered but not taken the plunge yet. Will look that one up now...

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Funny how the human mind works.

We have been happy to spend thousands on our motorhome by fitting a levelling system, solar panels, lithium battery, B2B, cab blinds, extra security, so on and so on, but we hummed and harred about investing in a defibrillator due to their cost.

After coming to our senses and realising that our lives are worth more than a grand or so, we have bought a defibrillator just in case, which can be in easy reach when at home or away in the motorhome.

As a coincidence, earlier this week a 25 year old electrician accidentally got a wack off of a 415 volt supply where Yvette works, which stopped his heart.
Luckily for him there was a defibrillator to hand and after two shocks from the defibrillator his heart was restarted before the paramedics arrived. He left hospital yesterday and what if a defibrillator was not to hand ?

View attachment 361648
I have been considering something similar ... what were your deciding factors on this particular model?

Jim has bought some for standby at MHF meets & shows but I don't know which ones he has.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I have been considering something similar ... what were your deciding factors on this particular model?

The main factors that influenced our choice for the Zoll, were, we trust St John Ambulance, and if they are happy to sell this model through their website then it will not be rubbish or a nightmare to use.
It would seem that the batteries and shocking pads are date limited on all the defibrillators we looked at and would need replacing batteries ever 5 years and pads ever 2 years on average. The batteries on most of the other defibrillators are a pack unique to each manufacturer and being between £150 to £250 a pop, and that was a bit to much to swallow, where as the Zoll uses 10 x CR123 off the shelf lithium batteries at about £20 for 10. We also found that the pads for the Zoll were a sensible price compared to most other manufacturers.
Hopefully the defibrillator will sit there never to be used, so the cost of batteries and pads to be chucked away on their expiry date was a big influence on which to buy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
Bought a 10kg Safefill bottle, very light??. Now need to find somewhere to fill it???.
Also bought a stainless steel cafietiere for MH, as I keep breaking the glass ones. Anyone for coffee??? Grrr...... Living the dream. Smudger55
IMG_20200209_200926.jpg

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Perhaps it's one like this Amazon product ASIN B0013T5X0E - it does take a little longer to fill a tank but you don't have to unreel it.
I bought a similar hose years ago, brilliant bit of kit and no need to unwind it all as has been said previously. I keep mine in a large plastic bag and bung a cork in the nozzle to stop the inevitable dribble from it.
Norman.

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
I bought a similar hose years ago, brilliant bit of kit and no need to unwind it all as has been said previously. I keep mine in a large plastic bag and bung a cork in the nozzle to stop the inevitable dribble from it.
Norman.
Got the same one...After use ....Whizz it around your head a few times and its all gone!

Keeps the locals happy wondering if you have lost the plot or something!

Kev

Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
That looks good. Where did you buy it please?
Amazon: MIULY Cafetiere French Press Double Wall 18/8 Stainless Steel Coffee Kettle 12oz/3 Cup,Insulated Heat-Resistant Coffee or Tea Brewed Coffee Maker with Two Filter Screens (350 ml Silver)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Two new number plates to match our latest motorhome. One each for the trailer for our scooter and for the tow-bar mounted cycle rack so that we don’t have to swap them over depending on what we are taking with us.

Now we just need the weather to improve a little.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
It is a very simple, but effective, thingy for putting your socks on without needing to bend down... for those of us who have mobility and flexibility problems.

Helps you take them off too

JJ :cool:
I have found that if I do 20 touch my toes exercises when I get out of the shower in a morning I am flexible enough to put my socks and shoes on easily,,BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
An e-line electric folding bike locally on an ebay auction. Showroom condition - used once and he/she didn't like it - complete with helmet and high security lock. £256!
Bargain..BUSBY.

In a Pickle

Free Member
Oct 9, 2019
Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxlife LHD
Exp
Since 2001
Just been out and bought some fresh water tank cleaner. Will give it all a good flush through before we have a long weekend away this weekend. Weather is looking very nice around the Costa Calida, been a beautiful day today.

Markas

Free Member
Jul 13, 2017
Bressuire, Deux-Sevres
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Off and on since 2015
A complete Ducato X250 fuel filter with housing as I must've been pissing out diesel for the last several thousand miles. Saw a bit of a puddle in La Rochelle last week but thought it couldn't possibly be me as the van was serviced in November ?
Could try buying the Draper tool and a new cartridge but as it's leaking it's probably screwed anyway.
Still getting 32mpg though ?

Markas

Free Member
Jul 13, 2017
Bressuire, Deux-Sevres
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Off and on since 2015
Two new number plates to match our latest motorhome. One each for the trailer for our scooter and for the tow-bar mounted cycle rack so that we don’t have to swap them over depending on what we are taking with us.

Now we just need the weather to improve a little.
I'm very confused but wouldn't some velcro have been cheaper?

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I'm very confused but wouldn't some velcro have been cheaper?
Velcro on number plates? Is that what you meant?

With the number of vehicles being cloned easily removable number plates aren’t a good idea in my opinion.

Also, having suffered from a “lost” numberplate while on an extended European tour, we found it impossible to replace it outside the UK with the consequent worries regarding legality of not displaying one. So these will be screwed in place with double sided tape behind them.

Still, if saving £10 is that important on a multi thousand pound motorhome, (less the cost of the Velcro), that’s OK, if you make that decision bearing in mind the possible downsides.

claude et maude

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2018
Kent
Funster No
MH
Hymer B664 CL
Exp
Since 2018
We have one in the office, we have one at home and now we have one for our Hymer.....
4AB36E6E-83BD-4C28-BAA2-8E7A36B1BC2D.jpeg

love a salted caramel cappuccino in the morning before heading to the showers. They have a deal currently so for £99 you get the coffee machine, 2x Glass mugs and a box of salted caramel chocolates.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
2 sets of Protective Floor Mats from Aldi, they are the type for under exercise equipment.
Think they will be good for Spring /Autumn instead of carpet or bare lion.
Warm and comfy underfoot

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back