Tam &Toby do Europe ...Take two (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
But none of it is free..the money has to come from somewhere,,usually by cuts elsewhere .. Antrying free has to be funded somehow. BUSBY.
Yep and with tory it means more austerity
With labour it means raising tax on high earners
For someone on £80k it's an extra £250 a year.....or a Costa coffee a day

I put more than that in charity tins and I've never seen £80k a year

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
and guess where the money for that comes from?
Government spending in Scotland
The main reason for Scotland’s higher implicit budget deficit is that government spending per person is higher than the UK average while onshore tax revenues are a little lower than the UK average. For instance, Table 1 shows that in 2017–18, government spending per person was 13.2% above the UK average, but onshore revenues were 4.7% below the UK average. At their current low levels, offshore oil and gas revenues from the North Sea can only make up a small part of this difference.
The Table also shows that government spending per person in Scotland has increased relative to the UK average in recent years: it was 11.3% above average in 2015–16 and 9.5% above average in 2009–10. This results in part from the way the Barnett formula works – during periods of fiscal restraint it ensures that Scotland (and the other devolved nations) don’t quite suffer from the full force of spending cuts being made by the UK government. In addition, as mentioned above, the Scottish Government has been making use of devolved borrowing powers to invest more in new infrastructure and facilities since 2015–16.
Table 1. Scottish public expenditure and onshore revenues per person, as a percentage of the UK averages, 2009–10 to 2017–18
Fiscal aggregates2009–102011-122013-142014–152015–162016–172017–18
Scotland as % of UK
Expenditure per person109.5%111.0%111.2%110.6%111.3%112.3%113.2%
Onshore revenue per person97.4%96.9%97.5%97.3%95.6%94.7%95.3%
Source: Author’s calculations using GERS 2017–18.
Yes but unfortunately that's Westminster's point of view

But still they wont let us be independent

Now surely with evidence of how the Tories cut adrift anything that costs them money even you have to wonder why are they so desperate to keep us ?

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Jut saying they are all the same full of **it :)
Yep just proves my point

Just like boris .. his followers have to resort to name calling

Certainly in ability to answer questions and know what's they are talking about

Sturgeon and Corbyn are miles ahead of the other two

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
This previously excellent thread is spiralling downhill rapidly. Political crap creeping in everywhere, roll on 13th December when we can get back to some sort of normality.
Sorry but everything in life involves politics
And I guess at the end of this trip I'm just facing the fact if tories get back in it will be the last longterm trip I do?‍♂️

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Sorry but everything in life involves politics
And I guess at the end of this trip I'm just facing the fact if tories get back in it will be the last longterm trip I do?‍♂️
I know nothing of your finances but i would be interested to see how a tory government is going to stop you travelling youve managed ok for the last 3 years

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Folk are tough on the 20k more police thing.... but I think credit should be given that even though other Tory leadership/governments cut too far.... BJ's version of Govt is to put things back to the way they were.

I get the anti Conservative sentiment, and I'm not impressed with election hyperbole... but I do like the idea of putting stuff right...

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I know nothing of your finances but i would be interested to see how a tory government is going to stop you travelling youve managed ok for the last 3 years
Because they will push through Brexit and as a result 90 days will be the max and may well require visas for each country.

That's why.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Folk are tough on the 20k more police thing.... but I think credit should be given that even though other Tory leadership/governments cut too far.... BJ's version of Govt is to put things back to the way they were.

I get the anti Conservative sentiment, and I'm not impressed with election hyperbole... but I do like the idea of putting stuff right...
My sister is one of the 19000 nurses he's hoping to keep

Unfortunately theyve all had enough of trying to save lives under the conditions and shes taking early retirement.

They've killed the nhs , they can't put things right.

Cant trust a word the man says and that's a fact , he lies about everything

Their mandate is pretty much brexit Brexit Brexit and nothing else...certainly not 5 years worth. But then hell spend the next 5 years trying to get a trade deal anything like what we already have , and giving a mandate over 10 years is a bit presumptuous really when a term is 5 years. He gets in the money will suddenly dry up come January once we are stuck with them for another 5 years.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Anyway here's a doggy picture

Might get one of an immigrant hanging under my van in morning.

20191126_154428.jpg
20191126_162007.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam you say. But still they wont let us be independent

It was the Scots that voted not to be independent , nothing to do with them !
Yes after they were told an independent Scotland would lose its eu membership and the tories labour etc all panicked and rushed to scotland at the first sign of a poll showing leave to be ahead.

Not to mention the BBC bias similar to what they are doing with Tory now

And if it comes out there was Russian interference in the referendum who's to say it didn't happen in that one also?
A lot has changed in 5 years

Add that to tory determination to block a second referendum, labour refusing to grant one within first 2 years of gaining power.
I'd say they were trying prettttty damm hard to keep us. ?
If we were the drain on the uk that westminster tells everyone in England we would be waved off.

I'm all for allowing England to vote on a Scottish indy referendum.....maybe that way we would actually get it.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
More Tory lies:

This thread is great. It was good when it was about Tam’s trip. Now it’s become an oasis of rationality in a desert of Tory/Brexit fandom, it’s just brilliant. Think we might get into trouble soon, though:giggle:

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
Tam , There was lots of bull shit on both sides , with things like we have oil & whisky

after snp’s rant about we will be looking for another independence vote they lost 10 seats at the recent local
elections, with quotes like we are going to tax the rich & redistribute the wealth many businesses have already relocated out of Scotland, the rich will take their money somewhere else , open there business elsewhere , and the people who suffer is the employees who no longer have a job , the rich will just invest their money in another country

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam , There was lots of bull shit on both sides , with things like we have oil & whisky

after snp’s rant about we will be looking for another independence vote they lost 10 seats at the recent local
elections, with quotes like we are going to tax the rich & redistribute the wealth many businesses have already relocated out of Scotland, the rich will take their money somewhere else , open there business elsewhere , and the people who suffer is the employees who no longer have a job , the rich will just invest their money in another country
Why would they when the tax increase is only back to where it was in 2010 and still the cheapest out of all these
Screenshot_20191124-065728_Facebook.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Anywayyyyyy

If you all dont want me to discuss politics on this thread stop saying stuff I have to reply to lol.

I've tried twice to change the subject

Once with info about cite Europe

And then cute doggy pics

Theres nothing else i can post to change subject

I know as someone probably 25 years younger than the average member on here that I'm banging my head of a brick wall trying to change folks minds
Thankfully the polls are showing that the gap is closing and record numbers registering to vote also ......the results will speak for themselves.

So let's just drop it

Not much more of this thread to go anyway as I'll be home in a week or so and the trips over. ?

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
Interupting the politics momentarily and not expecting anyone to do anything but I've just spent a very worrying hour or so with my pup. She went out on to my patio sometime after her supper (maybe 9:45ish) I was busy studying Spanish on my computer so wasn't paying much attention.
Next thing I saw she was rubbing her face and a bit later pawing at her eyes.
I ran a teatowel under the cold tap and wiped/bathed her face and eyes, still not to alarmed.
Next time I looked her eyes were swollen up and nearly closed, then the whole top of her muzzle and forehead swelled.
I got a pack of frozen peas wrapped in a teatowel and held over her face and eyes. That seemed to lessen the worst of the swelling.
But then she began to growl and threaten. Then I gave her one of my anti-histom one pills. A little while later she moved on to her bed and is now lying sleeping. :unsure: :oops:

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Interupting the politics momentarily and not expecting anyone to do anything but I've just spent a very worrying hour or so with my pup. She went out on to my patio sometime after her supper (maybe 9:45ish) I was busy studying Spanish on my computer so wasn't paying much attention.
Next thing I saw she was rubbing her face and a bit later pawing at her eyes.
I ran a teatowel under the cold tap and wiped/bathed her face and eyes, still not to alarmed.
Next time I looked her eyes were swollen up and nearly closed, then the whole top of her muzzle and forehead swelled.
I got a pack of frozen peas wrapped in a teatowel and held over her face and eyes. That seemed to lessen the worst of the swelling.
But then she began to growl and threaten. Then I gave her one of my anti-histom one pills. A little while later she moved on to her bed and is now lying sleeping. :unsure: :oops:

Procession caterpillar.....?

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
Yes my feeling too. She is sleeping peacefully at the moment.
At no point has she had difficulty breathing.which was a concern of mine.
I have no idea what has caused this but the nasty little voice inside my head kept saying "don't forget a scorpion walked through the lounge two years ago.
I imagine I would have heard a yelp if she had encountered such a thing.
Anyway thanks for your response- like Tam, there are occasions I would sooner not be single. Not often though (y) :LOL:

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Wrong season for the caterpillars I think. But we fortunately don't get them around here.
We saw our first ever processionary caterpillars on 21st November, two years ago, in Arcachon, France. But if you don’t get them there, it must be something else.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back