Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I've just taken this pic for someone else but I thought I would post it up here. I was wondering if any of the D-Line Globecars had the blue LED lighting option:

20190227_205410.jpg

Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
Since 2014 -- cycle-camper before that
I've just taken this pic for someone else but I thought I would post it up here. I was wondering if any of the D-Line Globecars had the blue LED lighting option:

View attachment 286503

Wow. That picture reminds me of a pub near Tin Pan Alley (UK version) that I used to frequent. The bogs had lights like that so that the junkies couldn't find their veins and so couldn't shoot up.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
... don't tend to get many 'druggies' in campers ... perhaps it's your model that is a favourite with them? :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
:Eeek: ... quite apt for you with your user name! :D

... I suppose we should be grateful they're not red lights! :X3:

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
AE30B13F-30A3-44F6-A326-4ED6C53F2220.jpeg
... don't tend to get many 'druggies' in campers ... perhaps it's your model that is a favourite with them? :D
My 15yo son is mortified by my ‘hippie’ choice of bed linen for our Campscout. He’s convinced we’re going to get searched because of it. He’s banned me from getting bunting ... or so he thinks :LOL:. Now if we had funky lights too ....

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
After almost a year of ownership I can safely say that I/we have thoroughly enjoyed the independence of owning a PVC.

That said, if I were to choose a Globecar again then I would personally opt for something out of the D-Line stables, i.e. the Campscout, 640DK or CS Revolution on a 4.5T chassis etc.

The new H-line factory produces some stylish vans with fresh and modern interiors but IMO the bean counters have infiltrated the manufacturing line and some of the bits being used are starting to let down the Globecar brand.

Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
Is there much of a difference between the D line and H line range?

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Is there much of a difference between the D line and H line range?

The only real similiarty between the two is that both have Globecar stickers on the van; i.e. everything from the electrical system to the components and accessories being used is completely different.

Jun 22, 2011
Onchan, Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Nov 2010 after 25 yrs under canvas.
We have a Campscout (5 years), starting to look around for the next van. Probably another Campscout as we have not found anything to match it. We may consider a small A class but not really a proper comparison.

Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
I never realised that. the only van that suited us was the Campscout Revolution so i didn't look at any H line models. Looks like it was a good move.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
After almost a year of ownership I can safely say that I/we have thoroughly enjoyed the independence of owning a PVC.

That said, if I were to choose a Globecar again then I would personally opt for something out of the D-Line stables, i.e. the Campscout, 640DK or CS Revolution on a 4.5T chassis etc.

The new H-line factory produces some stylish vans with fresh and modern interiors but IMO the bean counters have infiltrated the manufacturing line and some of the bits being used are starting to let down the Globecar brand.

And after your experience I too would buy another Campscout EXCEPT I would look at getting a PÖSSL equivalent ... they are identical to Globecar other than the wood colour bring more like the Summit. They are a bit more modern looking in my mind.

We’ve had our Campscout for a year now and I love it. The engine was a bit rough to begin with but has eased in nicely (7100 miles now). 35 nights, 21 of which we’ve had 3 full size people in it. Cracking van.

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
We would go for a Revolution again if were ever to change though other than colour of trim nothing much has been changed.
Not many about and second hand they are like hens teeth in uk

Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
We would go for a Revolution again if were ever to change though other than colour of trim nothing much has been changed.
Not many about and second hand they are like hens teeth in uk

i have yet to see another Revolution any where. I have only seen a few Globecars And Possels on the road on the UK or Europe.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
For those with Revolutions ... do you have 2x beds at back?
Is bottom bed singles?
Is it claustrophobic in bottom bed with other bed above.
If you could get top bunk as single and bottom as singles I think I’d like to try it .. you could sleep with heads at kitchen/bathroom end

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Is bottom bed singles?
If you could get top bunk as single and bottom as singles I think I’d like to try it .. you could sleep with heads at kitchen/bathroom end
The Revolution models have 2 double beds, no single bed option with them unless they've changed the design for 2020 models.

When we had our Campscout (non-Revolution) with twin singles we slept with our heads towards the front rather than to the rear, this meant we could sit up as we had the cabinet sides (fridge and washroom) as headboards. You could do the same with the lower double in the Revolution.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
The Revolution models have 2 double beds, no single bed option with them unless they've changed the design for 2020 models.

When we had our Campscout (non-Revolution) with twin singles we slept with our heads towards the front rather than to the rear, this meant we could sit up as we had the cabinet sides (fridge and washroom) as headboards. You could do the same with the lower double in the Revolution.

I remember you saying this. We sleep in our Campscout with our heads at back doors but sit the way you slept if lounging during the day.

Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
Is bottom bed singles?

We have the 2 beds at the back and they are both large doubles.
There isn’t a great deal of head room on either of the beds but we have never found it a problem.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I would agree with 1ten. With both beds in headroom is limited but perfectly useable.

It's the only PVC that can sleep 4 adults on large comfortable doubles.

It's still the only van we would buy in a PVC.
I would feel claustrophobic in a lower top van and the layout works.

It's the swiss army knife of a motorhome. I say this as it has so many bed options from 2 berth up to 5, the shower folds away, the rear garage is fully variable depending on bed height, plus the fridge is full size.

Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
We love ours and it really was the only PVC that was going to work for us. We have two daughters 13 & 11 and the space works well. We camp all year round and the only small issue is drying wet clothes. My mate who I run with is 6’4 and uses the bottom bunk when we race in the Lakes and finds the bed fine.

Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
I should have mentioned the storage is amazing for the size of the van. We did a straight upgrade to 4500kg as we carry four bikes on the back along with 3 weeks worth of stuff.

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
I should have mentioned the storage is amazing for the size of the van. We did a straight upgrade to 4500kg as we carry four bikes on the back along with 3 weeks worth of stuff.
Agree if you are travelling four up you need to think about upgrading the weight
No problem with the maxi chaise as long as you have C1 licence

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
If Nicky and I were to buy a new Globie then it would probably be the Campscout Revolution; the extra height really appeals to us both.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
If Nicky and I were to buy a new Globie then it would probably be the Campscout Revolution; the extra height really appeals to us both.

I seem to remember you thought about it when you bought the Summit.
I like the twin single beds too much to be tempted .....
I’d like what I have now (Campscout) but with the extra height and a drop down bed at the front instead of the make up bed.
If the bathroom was plastic not wood that would be just perfect.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I seem to remember you thought about it when you bought the Summit.
I like the twin single beds too much to be tempted .....
I’d like what I have now (Campscout) but with the extra height and a drop down bed at the front instead of the make up bed.
If the bathroom was plastic not wood that would be just perfect.
Can you not use the massive overcab locker in the Revolution as a kiddie's bed?

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Can you not use the massive overcab locker in the Revolution as a kiddie's bed?

Thanks Minxy Girl I think there is a locker there in the Revolution but anyway my ‘kiddies’ are 15 and 21. The 21yo is in final year at uni and threatening to start holidaying with us again. That is an unexpected turn of events. The 15yo is taller, almost 5’9” and threatening to stay at the sailing club if his sister comes in the camper.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Thanks Minxy Girl I think there is a locker there in the Revolution but anyway my ‘kiddies’ are 15 and 21. The 21yo is in final year at uni and threatening to start holidaying with us again. That is an unexpected turn of events. The 15yo is taller, almost 5’9” and threatening to stay at the sailing club if his sister comes in the camper.
... but if you took out the rise/fall bed in the back and showed them the overcab Japanese style 'compact bed' you may not have to accommodate them at all ... assuming that's what you want? ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back