Well, we've gone and done it ! (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Geistguy
Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Useful advice there Darren thanks. I don't have the "sleep" problem but it could prove useful in the future.

We have a Pilote fitted "tablet" in the cab, it operates the radio, Bluetooth and a browser, I have tried to download Google Maps but keep getting the message " browser no longer supported " . I do thus by tethering to my Android phone and have tried using several search engines to access Google Store for the download. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas or suggestions ?

For info, our van is a 2019 model P700gj.

Dazzler1969

Free Member
Jul 10, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
S&L Atlanta PVC
Exp
Since 2015
@Geistguy had a bit of a play with a bit of a result, if you go to browser, touch on the 3 dots top right then scroll and tick always “request desk top site” it will then let you into the play store. I am busy trying to download the maps but not having a great deal of success! Will post more if I’m successful!
I have downloaded the file for google chrome but so far unable to do much more!
Darren

OP
OP
Geistguy
Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
@Dazzler1969 been trying all morning to get the Xperience tablet to download using the "desk top site" facility. It works better using this but still won't let me download Google Maps, I keep getting the message "already installed", this could be that I'm tethering my phone for Internet and Google Maps is on my phone. For the sake of my sanity I have now given up !

Cheers
Clive

Dazzler1969

Free Member
Jul 10, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
S&L Atlanta PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Yeah, that’s the issue I had, I am going to try again later using my MiFi! What I find quite frustrating is that if you wish to use the camera as a rear view mirror whilst driving it turns the radio off! It would seem it can only do one job at a time.
I managed to get the instructions for it from SMC but I must say they are not great, happy to ping them over if you haven’t got them.
Darren

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Geistguy
Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Hi Darren

We have never been able to use the rear camera as a "mirror" and to be honest it doesn't bother me, managed without any rear view for 25 years since quite used to it. This is our first van with a rear camera and I have to say it's fantastic for reverse parking.

I haven't got MiFi and our WiFi at home is so weak (1.3mps) that I never use it, I just tether everything to my phone. My EE speed on 4g at home is 35mps - we do live out in the sticks !

A copy of the instructions could prove useful if you can send them, thanks.

Clive

Dazzler1969

Free Member
Jul 10, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
S&L Atlanta PVC
Exp
Since 2015
No problem PM me your email address and I’ll send over, off to Cornwall tomorrow so I will send subject to internet.
Darren

OP
OP
Geistguy
Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Thanks Darren

How do I PM you on the forum ?

Have a great time in Cornwall, only 8c at Montrose this morning, we are at a C&C Club temporary holiday site - sun shining though.

Clive

Trixie

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 25, 2014
Funster No
Thanks Darren

How do I PM you on the forum ?

Have a great time in Cornwall, only 8c at Montrose this morning, we are at a C&C Club temporary holiday site - sun shining though.

Clive

Clive,

You click on Darren’s avatar picture and a small blue screen comes up, one of the pale blue options is ‘start a conversation ‘ click on that and a new screen opens.

Type in what you want to, then go to bottom of screen and click on option ‘start a conversation ‘.

Job done.

Good luck.

Stanno8

Free Member
May 28, 2019
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Oh no....the sweet fairy was an optional extra we didn’t order, but she would be definitely have been more useful than the screen

According to the manual the green button turns of the aux and the lights...so you can’t charge anything overnight...that seems like a really stupid button! A bit like not fitting an external temp sensor either, as that doesn’t work on our screen either. Definitely should have chosen the sweet fairy option

Stanno8

Free Member
May 28, 2019
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Hi, we are new to campervan life. We have an xperience tablet that I am struggling to get to grips with. It won’t go into standby/sleep and if I use a mouse to choose a sleep option in the display settings then the touch screen will not wake back up again. The temperature is also permanently set at -21?? Any help or ideas greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
Geistguy
Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
With caution i can only suggest a factory reset but perhaps best to contact the dealer. How old is the van as Pilote have used various Xperience tablets.

Sorry I can't be of any more help but I'm sure that wiser folk than me will step in.

OP
OP
Geistguy
Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Was it from Hayes Liesure ? If so they have a good reputation for after sales, I suggest giving them a call. I don't know any other dealer around Birmingham.

You should have the same Xperience tablet as us, we had ours in March. I suppose you've read other posts in this thread about the tablet not shutting down but the temperature problem is a new one to me.

Best of luck.

Stanno8

Free Member
May 28, 2019
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Thanks, I noticed higher up the thread that there was a manual link sent. Could you possibly forward it to me?
Thanks again.

OP
OP
Geistguy
Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
No problems but could you send me your email via a PM. to do this click on my Blue Geist guy header and "start a conversation ".

The manual is for the radio though and not the Xperience tablet.

OP
OP
Geistguy
Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Hi Shannon

Sorry for the delay but I can't find your PM, your profile doesn't have the "start conversation " link.

Could you please have another go.

Thanks

Clive

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Clive, @Geistguy ,
It looks like Stanno8 is not a subscriber so will not be able to send PM's.

If she is reading this then you will have to subscribe in order to have any more than the 5 free posts that you have used. Best £15 you will ever spend as a motorhomer.

Barry

Stanno8

Free Member
May 28, 2019
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
I’ve just subscribed so will try again. Thanks for the advice.

Moda

Free Member
Jun 21, 2013
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since1989
We also have the new radio in our 2019 Pilote. The reversing camera can be used whilst driving and the radio stays on. Our problem is that after approx 30 minutes the "back" icon disappears and none of the buttons down the side work. The camera continues to work but the rest freezes. The only way to get back to the radio is to either use the reset button or turn the engine off.
The second problem is that we cannot get our USB stick to play. It is recognised and there is a playlist in settings/ media/audio but there is no sound. I did download the music onto the stick via a MacBook pro and thought maybe it is therefore not compatible but why does it list the music but not play it?
Can any of you help please?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Geistguy
Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Hi Moda, the cab radio "tablet" does seem confusing, we rarely listen to the radio but do play music via the bluetooth facility, this worked fine until I recently changed my phone which bluetooth won't recognise. Another annoying trait is that each time we turn the ignition on the radio starts playing, there doesn't seem to be a permanent off button.

Since our rear camera light was fixed (see earlier posts) we can't use the camera as a rear view mirror while driving, this doesn't bother us.

I can't find any USB port on our radio so can't help, however, our cab tablet uses Android which may not be entirely comparable with Macbook.

We have almost given up on the cab tablet, which seems such a pity as potentially it could be a good bit of kit.

The slight niggles with technology aren't stopping us enjoying our fantastic van.

I do hope someone reads this thread and can help you.

OP
OP
Geistguy
Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Thanks Moda, I'd never have looked in there! Not the first place you'd look, I've been doing contortions looking everywhere ??

DrunkenDuncan

Free Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brize Norton
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600L
Exp
Not enough!
Hi Moda, the cab radio "tablet" does seem confusing, we rarely listen to the radio but do play music via the bluetooth facility, this worked fine until I recently changed my phone which bluetooth won't recognise. Another annoying trait is that each time we turn the ignition on the radio starts playing, there doesn't seem to be a permanent off button.

Since our rear camera light was fixed (see earlier posts) we can't use the camera as a rear view mirror while driving, this doesn't bother us.

I can't find any USB port on our radio so can't help, however, our cab tablet uses Android which may not be entirely comparable with Macbook.

We have almost given up on the cab tablet, which seems such a pity as potentially it could be a good bit of kit.

The slight niggles with technology aren't stopping us enjoying our fantastic van.

I do hope someone reads this thread and can help you.
Hi Geistguy, I found that holding down the red "On/Off' button below the tablet dock on the dash for 3 seconds switches the radio OFF (and puts the other radio control button lights out at the same time) if that helps. Annoyingly, when the tablet is switched on again, the Fusion app has to re-boot and the DAB radio retune itself (takes an age!) to get the radio ON again (holding the "On/Off" button again appears to do nothing in this regard).
I have other very annoying issues with the Xperience tablet that I would like to address (too many to go into here) and would like to reach out to other members to determine if anyone has found a detailed user manual (in English preferably!) for this thing, or if anyone is aware if there are any software updates available that may have addressed the many bugs that it appears to have.
One can but hope!

OP
OP
Geistguy
Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Hi DrunkenDuncan, I think we may have different versions Xperience tablet as I don't seem to have a red button. Mine has a touch on off button, top left, as seen on the attached. The "touch" button is not very sensitive and quite frustrating, we live in the far north east of Scotland and DAB reception is variable to nil so we don't use it but when we use on FM it's ok.

It seems such a shame that what is potentially a good bit does not perform to expectation.

I've attached a photo of our tablet for comparison.

Best of luck !!

Attachments

• 20190725_152230.jpg
    20190725_152230.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 59

DrunkenDuncan

Free Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brize Norton
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600L
Exp
Not enough!
Definitely a different version as ours looks like this when on the cab dock:
IMG_6757.jpg

And this when on the other dock or not docked at all (note the Xperience app icon now)
IMG_6760.jpg

This is what it does for a very long time when you select the Music icon:
IMG_6761.jpg

Hopefully someone on here has the same tablet and can help out, or if I ever get a reply from Pilote that resolves the issues that I have I will happily share on here :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Geistguy
Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
What age is your van Duncan ? Our P700gj Essentiel was built towards the end of 2018 and classed as the 2019 model.

Sorry I can't help but I'm sure someone will. Perhaps a new "topic" asking for help may be more noticeable.

Clive.

DrunkenDuncan

Free Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brize Norton
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600L
Exp
Not enough!
Clive, the Certificate of Conformity for type is dated August 2018 and we took delivery on 20/06/2019.

This tablet was a rather expensive manufacturer's 'upgrade' option to include the Garmin SatNav which replaces the 'fixed' habitation Xperience tablet, the 'stuck on' cab radio and the rear view camera screen, so I was rather hoping for a bit more reliability out of it than I am currently experiencing. Ho hum....

Will have a look at starting a new thread for this if no one else responds.

Duncan.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back