Packing for Germany to pick the van up. (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
We got here fine and have done the deed, staying in their yard tonight, van feels real quality, can',t get the export plates til tomorrow so will set off after lunch, 315 miles to Amsterdam so will stellplatze about halfway, ferry Thursday overnight to Newcastle.
there's a nice backerei nearby so fresh bread tomorrow and a few provisions for the fridge/ cupboards.
Van feels pure quality, like the front heater between front screen and windscreen, separate TrumaE4200 as well as Alde.

Everything appears to work but there's always summat.
It's a used van so a few things not perfect, a few small dents on bodywork but for 13 years old and the price it's lovely, I love quality but shouldn't say that we could break down tomorrow. The side window has slight condensation in but they are paying for new glass and we are combining a holiday over here 9th July for it to be fixed, that will please @funflair.

New Toyo H09 winters X6 on, ready to roll, got sat dish and Tele working but an aerial would have done me, it's an Oyster Caro or summat.
1500 watt pure sine inverter works on Carolines hairbrush so good stuff.
Goldschmitt rear air with separate compressor nice, 6 gears, 3 litre 166 bhp goes nice but not a good long run as yet.

We are back in the A class world with all the trials and tribulations involved, but I love it, it will need to be good mind parked up on our drive 1100 feet above sea level high on the moors, where it rains upwards and shows for fun.

6.5 metres of quality, it feels longer though,probably because it's higher.
You only live once.
Night everyone, excuse any spelling mistakes, this tablet has a mind of its own.

Last edited:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
We got here fine and have done the deed, staying in their yard tonight, can feels real quality, can',t get the export plates til tomorrow so will set off after lunch, 315 miles to Amsterdam so will stellplatze about halfway, ferry Thursday overnight to Newcastle.
there's a nice backerei nearby so fresh bread tomorrowtomorrow and a few provisions for the fridge/ cupboards.
Van feels pure quality, like the front heater between front screen and windscreen, separate TrumaE4200 as well as Alde.

Everything appears to work but there's always summat.
It's a used van so a few things not perfect, a few small dents on bodywork but for 13 years old and the price it's lovely, I love quality but shouldn't say that we could break down tomorrow. The side window has slight condensation in but they are paying for new glass and we are combining a holiday over here 9th July for it to be fixed, that will please @funflair.

New Toyo H09 winters X6 on, ready to roll, got say dish and Tele working but an aerial would have done me, it's an Oyster Caro or summat.
1500 watt pure wine inverter works on Carolines hairbrush so good stuff.
Goldschmitt rear air with separate compressor nice, 6 years 3 litre 166 GBP goes nice but not a good long run as yet.

We are back in the A class world with all the trials and tribulations involved, but I love it, it will need to be good mind parked up on our drive 1100 feet above sea level high on the moors, where it rains upwards and shows for fun.

6.5 metres of quality, it feels longer though,probably because it's higher.
You only live once.
Night everyone, excuse any spelling mistakes, this tablet has a mind of its own.

Sounds like a beautiful van, safe trip back(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Congratulations. Great motorhome!
And safe journey home.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Well done have a safe trip.
We will be doing much the same next month, who did you get your insurance from? As I’m having trouble finding anyone.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Congrats on your new van ! It does sound lovely.
Enjoy your first night testing it all out and safe travels home!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
It sounds like a decent piece of kit Paul. (y)

The side window has slight condensation in but they are paying for new glass
If one double glazed unit has blown, keep your eyes open for the other to follow. :( One of ours went, and withing a few months, the other side went too. They are hellishly expensive to have replaced by the dealerships. :eek:

separate TrumaE4200 as well as Alde.
our Truma E2400 is a great heater, and certainly bangs out the therms. ;) Unfortunately our screen demisting vents are behind the internal blinds, rather than in front of them, so no good for clearing our screen using the E2400.

Safe journey back, once the finer details are all sorted. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
We are back, it is at the MOT station, jut heard its failed on the rear bush, a £28 part, it is has been ordered and will be fitted Monday along with a engine service.
Here's me outside it.
CONCORDE APRIL 2018.jpg

At the dealers we also found our next motorhome, the one second from the left, 304000 euros.
MORELO 18.4.2018.jpg

The model on the far left is a Morelo 79 model, now that is a good size, 7.79 metres, 140000 base price and with options 203000, this is the model for you @funflair (y)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
If one double glazed unit has blown, keep your eyes open for the other to follow. :( One of ours went, and withing a few months, the other side went too. They are hellishly expensive to have replaced by the dealerships. :eek:
Might be worth asking a double glazing manufacturer to reseal one that goes. We used to have a place in Devon & when you see how it is assembled ,vacuumed out & sealed it should be relatively easy to repair

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We'd be interested if you get the sealed unit fixed here or replaced Paul. We have a misty one now and again depending on the prevailing atmospheric conditions.

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
We'd be interested if you get the sealed unit fixed here or replaced Paul. We have a misty one now and again depending on the prevailing atmospheric conditions.

Hi Ken
You can only tell the failure when its warm and sunny and in certain light etc, before it gets worse. Most people wouldn't even notice and it may stay like that for years. Its always the sliding section piece that goes first.
Apparently they have booked us in somewhere in Germany to get fixed in July so will let you know. They are replacing the glass I think so will update. We are going to Munster anyway as Caroline used to live there and has friends and the place is meant to be near there, I am always dubious of being fed flannel at a dealers though.
If it comes off I will let you know.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We are back, it is at the MOT station, jut heard its failed on the rear bush, a £28 part, it is has been ordered and will be fitted Monday along with a engine service.
Here's me outside it.
View attachment 226156

At the dealers we also found our next motorhome, the one second from the left, 304000 euros.
View attachment 226171

The model on the far left is a Morelo 79 model, now that is a good size, 7.79 metres, 140000 base price and with options 203000, this is the model for you @funflair (y)
Looking good !!! Are you pleased with it?!

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we have an odd thing with our side windows, certain temperatures and the angle of sunlight off the mirrors seem to be the key, the misting up is actually the shape of the mirror on ours when it happens

nice looking MH Paul, look forward to meeting you both and it somewhere :)(y)

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Paul, this appeared on eBay whilst you were away. I reckon you've got a bargain from over there, plus this one is for sale with that Motorhome Depot outfit.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Yes love it, obviously at 13 years old things will need doing/replacing etc but that's the same with all motorhomes, love the quality though overall.
It doesn’t look 13 a classic design which doesn’t date!

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Paul, this appeared on eBay whilst you were away. I reckon you've got a bargain from over there, plus this one is for sale with that Motorhome Depot outfit.

Can you adjust the headlights on yours Ken, they struggled at the MOT station and will have another bash on Monday. It looks like there are 3 screws to undo and the unit says on left and right but wouldn't turn.

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
we have an odd thing with our side windows, certain temperatures and the angle of sunlight off the mirrors seem to be the key, the misting up is actually the shape of the mirror on ours when it happens

That seems strange David, the misting up is the shape of the mirrors, its only in warm sunny weather when it becomes apparent and is no big deal until it gets worse. On our S820 it gradually got worse.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Can you adjust the headlights on yours Ken, they struggled at the MOT station and will have another bash on Monday. It looks like there are 3 screws to undo and the unit says on left and right but wouldn't turn.

I used to take ours for MOT to Nottingham City Council's depot. They didn't do repairs so were totally unbiassed. Most of their work
was either taxis or bin wagons. First time I went the testers were like wasps round a jam pot and all keen to have a look around the van. My lights were out of kilter but the tester, a gentleman known as 'deadly Derrick', pointed the problem out to me and then adjusted them FOC, so Im unable to say exactly what he did bit it didn't take long.

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Another older classic just posted on eBay.

Beautifully made vans, we had one, the ad says 5990kg but they didn't do the sprintshift in the 6 tonnes so the weight will be 4600 not 5990. Also another way of telling it is 4600 and not 5990 is the rear wheel arches, on the 4600 they go straight across as in the photo and on the 6 tonnes they are rounded.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

Mists up in the cool shaded areas David,

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If they are the Hella hobbies like ours Paul you are best taking the screws well back and then lifting and turning the unit slightly.

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If you don’t do it yourself Ken PSV glass will do them apparently full refurbish including painting the frame if needed and a lot less than the factory.

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Here's me outside it.
View attachment 226156

View attachment 226171

Looks great Paul, grin like a Cheshire Cat, the Morelo 79 will be a Loft so the garage is a lot smaller than ours. And I can put a lot of fuel in ours for 300k.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back