Surprised to receive a V5C for our brand new Moho being collected next week- is this normal (1 Viewer)

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
Hi,

Bought various new cars and always received V5C after collection so a bit surpised to get the V5C a week before collection (date of registration is 27th March the date of our expected handover.)

Pleased to see registered as PLG with no CO2 figure so should be lower road fund licence.

Has anyone else had their V5C so early?

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Just remember it won't be valid until then!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Yes, so did we, pleased to see upgraded weights were on it as well.
Enjoy your new van, it all starts from here.!
Les

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
correct me if i am wrong but PLG on v5 means lower speed limits and van is not a campingcar .value of van would be less for insurance .think you need photos of camper to change v5 ...

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
This may seem an odd question but as it's brand new was it registered to the selling dealer before being registered to you making you the second owner.
Daft question but pertinant to another thread.

OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
@pappajohn V5 says:

Previous keepers “none” so we are good. And apparently not been collected from the Factory yet so need to get it tomorrow as running out of time.

@Ashypants

Ours is only 3500kg so not as cheap as one over 3500kg but still cheaper than one taxed by emissions output from what I understand

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
correct me if i am wrong but PLG on v5 means lower speed limits and van is not a campingcar .value of van would be less for insurance .think you need photos of camper to change v5 ...
PLG does not mean lower speeds, in the UK. It is the mythical unladen weight which governs the speeds the magic figure of 3050 kgs unladen weight for MOTORHOMES not vans. most Motorhomes can be weighed at that weight with nothing in, and that could be produced in court if you do get stopped or charge with speeding as a van. I would strip EVERYTHING out of mine to make sure it did go below that limit, I mean everything, bedding water , fuel, passenger seat , gas spare wheel, you name it It would come out for a weighbridge session.

OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
I know have two V5C’s

DVLA has gone into overdrive- thankfully I am the first and only registered keeper on both.

Didn’t know about the 3050 kg limit @GWAYGWAY

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back