Commercial Email Providers for Small Business (2 Viewers)

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
My son and I bought a village pharmacy nearly one year ago. It came with a Yahoo business email account used by the previous owner. I have not used this as it tends to be used in the pharmacy itself for dealing with suppliers orders etc. Obviously anything NHS goes via their own secure service. I have recently had to get into the Yahoo email account as I deal with the accounts and have to go ferreting for email with attached invoices, statements, credit notes etc and its a pain. This has prompted my son to also say that he finds it a pain as everything gets dumped in one great morass of an inbox with all the junk, spam etc.

We would like to join a professional, secure email service where we can multiple users to direct email to different users e.g. accounts@southbrentpharmacy.com, pharmacist@southbrentpharmacy.com, shop@southbrentpharmacy.com, customers@southbrentpharmacy.com, patients@southbrentpharmacy.com and whatever else we might need.

In this way we can effectively analyse most of the email we get and the relevant user can pick it up and deal with it without having to see/read/sort through everyone else's clutter though we might get some more spam.

Can anyone suggest a good supplier for the sort of thing that we are after? Perhaps @Grommett can help?

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
We would like to join a professional, secure email service where we can multiple users to direct email to different users
I don't have much experience of this apart from my own company.

There will be a provider that hosts your domain name. Look up the provider's web site to see if they provide an email facility.

My domain name host is names.co.uk. They provide a range of email facilities including the one you describe. They also do web site hosting, including databases.

This provider is one of many. It works for me. It is relatively easy to transfer your domain name to another provider if the present one doesn't do what you need.

Maybe @Gromett will have better ideas, if his name is spelt correctly

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I am sorry I can't advise on this as I run my own mail server and have done for over 20 years.
I found it impossible to rely on external providers who all have various restrictions or lack of features. I ended up doing my own to avoid these issues.

It is tough to run your own mailserver if you don't know what you are doing so it is probably not for many people.

I have heard good things about the gmail service. You can get the commercial version so that rather than @gmail.com you can use @yourdomain.com

Don't take this as a personal recommendation though as I haven't used it myself.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back