Rally Caithness Nr Wick 7/7/17 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Not as warm as before but still a beautiful night.
IMG_4053.JPG

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Just spent an enjoyable evening watching the seals playing in the harbour. Where are we? @rb62 will probably know I guess.
IMG_4059.JPG
IMG_4063.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Totally gutted that we had to turn back. Good job I can (and am willing) to drive the van.

What did you not like about Culloden PD?
I found the site over commercial and manicured. There was no mention that the "clan markers" are Victorian and placed 100 years or so after the battle. The guided tours pushed all other visitors off the paths and into the long grass (not just one group but several). It felt more like a battle theme park than anything - I wanted more respect over what are war graves.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I found the site over commercial and manicured. There was no mention that the "clan markers" are Victorian and placed 100 years or so after the battle. The guided tours pushed all other visitors off the paths and into the long grass (not just one group but several). It felt more like a battle theme park than anything - I wanted more respect over what are war graves.
Gosh that's disappointing. I suppose we were there out of season and it didn't feel like that at all.
Totally gutted that we had to turn back. Good job I can (and am willing) to drive the van.
What's gone wrong PD? Nothing too awful I hope? I expect you've already said, & it's gone in one ear & out the other...)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
What's gone wrong PD? Nothing too awful I hope? I expect you've already said, & it's gone in one ear & out the other...)

Thanks for asking.

Martin isn't too well :( We got almost to Helmsdale and we were parked up on a friend's drive on Wednesday night but it was obvious Martin wasn't feeling too good ... we were hoping it was a temporary thing and he would be feeling better by this morning but he wasn't - so the decision was taken to turn back. He's now lying down and resting. I wanted to call the GP but was told (very) firmly to stop fussing. If no improvement in the morning it will be a trip to the emergency doc.......

We left our friend at 10.30 and got home after 6 ...... we were thinking of finding a night stop but I wanted to get him home :) Only the second time I have driven the van (except for putting her on ramps and the like) but it's a simple enough route.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Thanks for asking.

Martin isn't too well :( We got almost to Helmsdale and we were parked up on a friend's drive on Wednesday night but it was obvious Martin wasn't feeling too good ... we were hoping it was a temporary thing and he would be feeling better by this morning but he wasn't - so the decision was taken to turn back. He's now lying down and resting. I wanted to call the GP but was told (very) firmly to stop fussing. If no improvement in the morning it will be a trip to the emergency doc.......

We left our friend at 10.30 and got home after 6 ...... we were thinking of finding a night stop but I wanted to get him home :) Only the second time I have driven the van (except for putting her on ramps and the like) but it's a simple enough route.
:(.
Glad you're back safe Helen & hope that Martin is soon feeling better.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Thanks for asking.

That sounds a bit of a worry, hope Martin's OK soon. Fuss all you want - he'll get over it! Sometimes they just need telling.
That's a long drive! Glad you managed it safely (not casting nasturtiums on your driving - it's the other guys and the roadworks that are the problem!
Fingers crossed that there's no need for the doctor tomorrow.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Thanks for asking.

Oh Helen I'm so sorry to hear Martins not well . Give him our love and hoping he will feel better in the morning. If not fuss all you like and get him to the docs . Xxx
Well done on driving the van . We had a conversation about that didn't we Helen . .. XxxKate

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
That's a long drive! Glad you managed it safely (not casting nasturtiums on your driving - it's the other guys and the roadworks that are the problem!
Fingers crossed that there's no need for the doctor tomorrow.

There are always a few folk who push things on the A9 and A697. I did stop for a good hour at lunch time and again at Asda Straighton (Edinburgh). Just got round the A720 before rush hour :)

Is Simon @TheCaller at the meet? I think he was parked in a lay-by on the A9 just north of Inverness as we were on the way south. A lot of motorhomes were on the move.

Jemima is an easy drive - point and press - aim and go, which ever you prefer!

I hope I don't have to throw a strop in the morning :)

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
IMG_4073.JPG
Hi Helen, sorry I have had to message you through Andy but phone reception here is awful.

I think you did the right thing taking Martin home, health comes first , just a pity you got so far up.

When we came over the bridge this morning and turned right we saw a van just like yours parked in the first layby..was it you? Please give Martin our good wishes for a speedy recovery.

Just spent a nice evening under the warmth of the polytunnel. Saw a hot tub in there so no guesses where me n mew will be 2 mor night after our pizza dinner themed night.:D2

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Thanks for asking.

Hi. Sorry to hear Martin isn't well, hope he will soon be feeling better .Glad you got home safely after that long drive, give him our get well wishes. Hope to see you both somewhere, sometime in the not to distant future. Sorry you had to miss the Wick meet but health comes first .take care.
MicknMew

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Hi Helen @Puddleduck sorry about the mix up in sending you the message, how it got into the middle of your quote I don't know ,and I couldn't delete it, not that bright.
Hope Martin is feeling better today ,give him our best wishes on a speedy recovery.
MicknMew

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Helen hope Martin is beginning to feel ok or you have persuaded him to seek the Dr.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Thanks for all the concern.

Martin has an inner ear infection. He has to go back to the GP on Monday........

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks for all the concern.

Martin has an inner ear infection. He has to go back to the GP on Monday........
Oh dear that is painful and can affect balance . Hope he is on the mend asap!

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
And while we were sitting in wetherspoons Mrs Keypresser was getting sunburnt.:)

Balmy weather up here.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
And there is a photo of Tracy sunburnt but internet is so poor it wouldn't upload.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back