Free Member
Jul 21, 2015
Nomad
Funster No
MH
Wildax Aurora
Exp
its in the family blood
even further lol just cannot believe it.

Had a shower this morning, noticed the toilet back had yes,

UNSTUCK

so as I put plastic bags in to stop water going in, lol the flipping strip underneath the sink unit yep

Came UNSTUCK

This really is a pile of shite for £50k
Just not good enough

You'd think after this Duncan would talk to me right, well I'm not holding my breath!

Ps van is 7 months old

Attachments

• IMG_3692.JPG
    IMG_3692.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_3693.JPG
    IMG_3693.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Sorry to hear your having more issues, we did look at them before buying our Possl/Globecar and didn't honestly think they where any better for the extra money.

When you say you'd think Duncan would talk to you I assume you've tried contacting him.

OP
OP
B

Blah

Free Member
Jul 21, 2015
Nomad
Funster No
MH
Wildax Aurora
Exp
its in the family blood
Lol yep Danny replies tho with I hope you are enjoying your van

Lol just sick of it, the Velcro I've used to stick a board up has more stick

And I don't have enough money to buy again so I am stuck with it and I'm a full timer

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Lol yep Danny replies tho with I hope you are enjoying your van

Lol just sick of it, the Velcro I've used to stick a board up has more stick

And I don't have enough money to buy again so I am stuck with it and I'm a full timer

That will be why then, you have given it 7 months use, more than most will get in a life time o_Oo_O

not having a pop but fearing that might be an excuse :(

hope you get it sorted and that it is only cosmetic, if water gets in it will suddenly become a much different problem

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Easy enough to fix with a bead of PU sealant around it, but why should you, should have been built properly in the first place.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I'm at a loss to understand what's going on for you @fotodayz
My new WildAx is going to be very late due to the Fiat recall, and WildAx have really pulled out all the stops to make sure I have a van to tide me over the gap period.
Contact via the admin team has ALWAYS got me a quick and satisfactory response.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
My new WildAx is going to be very late due to the Fiat recall, and WildAx have really pulled out all the stops to make sure I have a van to tide me over the gap period.
but they have not got all your money yet

The failures look like they use an inappropriate glue/bonding agent. If it were me, I would strip it out and rebond with urethane sealant like sika flex

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Sorry to hear that. I have had mine for almost 5 years now and no serious problems with the conversion at all.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
There may be a fly in the ointment regarding rejection anyway, a motorhome is generally considered as designed for "holiday" use and not as a"full time accommodation". Certainly Truma equipment is designed for "holiday" use ( meaning occasional) .
Not sure if this is a legitimate get out for the converter but unless you made it very clear that you intended to live in the vehicle full time it might give them an excuse.

D.

OP
OP
B

Blah

Free Member
Jul 21, 2015
Nomad
Funster No
MH
Wildax Aurora
Exp
its in the family blood
That will be why then, you have given it 7 months use, more than most will get in a life time o_Oo_O

not having a pop but fearing that might be an excuse :(

hope you get it sorted and that it is only cosmetic, if water gets in it will suddenly become a much different problem

Yep am expecting that

OP
OP
B

Blah

Free Member
Jul 21, 2015
Nomad
Funster No
MH
Wildax Aurora
Exp
its in the family blood
Easy enough to fix with a bead of PU sealant around it, but why should you, should have been built properly in the first place.
Yes and all the other unstuck bits it's quite a list now

OP
OP
B

Blah

Free Member
Jul 21, 2015
Nomad
Funster No
MH
Wildax Aurora
Exp
its in the family blood
but they have not got all your money yet

The failures look like they use an inappropriate glue/bonding agent. If it were me, I would strip it out and rebond with urethane sealant like sika flex

Oh yes all my money well after I put them right about the bill which they got wrong lol hysterical laughter

OP
OP
B

Blah

Free Member
Jul 21, 2015
Nomad
Funster No
MH
Wildax Aurora
Exp
its in the family blood

Not me they stopped talking to me at one point because they couldn't answer why Duncan refused to acknowledge the faults I had had. I kept asking and eventually had to say in my email Danny you need to answer this.

I even asked them to buy the van back

OP
OP
B

Blah

Free Member
Jul 21, 2015
Nomad
Funster No
MH
Wildax Aurora
Exp
its in the family blood
There may be a fly in the ointment regarding rejection anyway, a motorhome is generally considered as designed for "holiday" use and not as a"full time accommodation". Certainly Truma equipment is designed for "holiday" use ( meaning occasional) .
Not sure if this is a legitimate get out for the converter but unless you made it very clear that you intended to live in the vehicle full time it might give them an excuse.

D.
Yes I made it clear I would be in it full time and living up north and wanted a winterised van lol sorry have to laugh the draughts cancel out the heating so the water tanks might be winterised and yes the van is insulated but the 2 huge vents on the side of the van are a real problem.

The blinds still work which is nice

OP
OP
B

Blah

Free Member
Jul 21, 2015
Nomad
Funster No
MH
Wildax Aurora
Exp
its in the family blood
I'm actually in Fetlar atm and really don't want to leave Shetland until I have to which will be my first habitation check

Which will be at Wildax as they owe me these repairs.

They really must have skimped on glue and I should have guessed.

The first week was a split pipe ( guess a Stanley knife had accidentally cut it )but the first time it rained the skylight leaked due to the solar panel not being stuck on right.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...inefield-which-one.152297/page-4#post-2340541

Post#69
+ there are videos somewhere that show the draught around fridge when wind is blowing.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Thanks Gus, yes I've seen the previous posts, it's just so different from the experience I've had so far with WildAx that's confusing me.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
All I will say is that there is something very odd about this...
I'm not suggesting the claims are false or inacurrate but Wildax have published @fotodayz review on their FB and responded to it.

I don't think that anyone would claim every new Motorhome, whatever brand, comes out of the factory without any snags but it is how you are treated, and the way they are dealt with which determines a manufacturer's reputation.

All I can say is that in my long research over the past few years, before I had my first MH, before I retired, I've seen nothing to suggest that Wildax are worse than anyone else but have read & heard lots to indicate they are better than most.

If find it very strange that one person could have so many faults in one van which have gone unresolved by a company which has quite a good reputation as regards customer service...

Are we all wrong & only @fotdayz right?
It must be something you could really do without given all the other trials & tribulations you've been through (as documented on your blog) :(.
Perhaps it might be worth asking them again to buy back your van, if you're serious, they might give it genuine consideration.

OP
OP
B

Blah

Free Member
Jul 21, 2015
Nomad
Funster No
MH
Wildax Aurora
Exp
its in the family blood
LOl you see I get told off for saying it's fing ridiculous no sorry no we'll get it right for you. It's his company, his van yet I get told off lol no respect to me when I pointed out the bill was wrong etc

I have passed this info to Danny so that he can contact you. I must say that no matter how frustrated you may be should you send another email to me containing that type of language I will not respond in any way. When a customer encounters a problem we will always deal with it in the best way we can however I would expect me and my staff to be treated with the proper amount of respect and good manners I would hope to treat others. I do not think your email could be described in that way.

Just cracks me up sorry but respect is 2 way

OP
OP
B

Blah

Free Member
Jul 21, 2015
Nomad
Funster No
MH
Wildax Aurora
Exp
its in the family blood
Yes this was my email with photos but I am so fed up with things going wrong. I expect snagging, yes, but not on day 1 and I was expecting a year free of problems before things stopped working became unstuck.

So having a shower when notice the toilet back is , yep, you've guessed it

UNSTUCK

so put plastic bags in then lol

The strip falls down

PILE OF SHIT for £50,000 springs to mind.

This is fing ridiculous Duncan!!!!!!!!!

As I said just so fed up.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes this was my email with photos but I am so fed up with things going wrong. I expect snagging, yes, but not on day 1 and I was expecting a year free of problems before things stopped working became unstuck.

So having a shower when notice the toilet back is , yep, you've guessed it

UNSTUCK

so put plastic bags in then lol

The strip falls down

PILE OF SHIT for £50,000 springs to mind.

This is fing ridiculous Duncan!!!!!!!!!

As I said just so fed up.
Doesn't seem too bad to me but if you want a response bite your tongue on the frustration and send a nicely nicely matter of fact message that he can not object to and see if you then get a reply.

Martin

OP
OP
B

Blah

Free Member
Jul 21, 2015
Nomad
Funster No
MH
Wildax Aurora
Exp
its in the family blood
Lol he did he sent me this:

I have passed this info to Danny so that he can contact you. I must say that no matter how frustrated you may be should you send another email to me containing that type of language I will not respond in any way. When a customer encounters a problem we will always deal with it in the best way we can however I would expect me and my staff to be treated with the proper amount of respect and good manners I would hope to treat others. I do not think your email could be described in that way.

No sorry, no we'll fix it, just tells me off, as I said it's his company, his van
Oh respect is 2 way, none given to me when I kept pointing out the bill was wrong

OP
OP
B

Blah

Free Member
Jul 21, 2015
Nomad
Funster No
MH
Wildax Aurora
Exp
its in the family blood
So far

Bill wrong - sorted
Split pipe - fixed
Solar panel not stuck on properly - fixed
Trim coming off front dash
Gas igniter out of casing, works intermittently
Sink tap very loose
Cushion above front cab hanging down, unstuck
Front of digital panel hanging off - unstuck
Toilet back - unstuck
Strip under sink - unstuck
Toilet bottom panel - not sealed properly
Very draughty

So far

Have only been ft touring since beginning of May in answer to previous comment.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
So far

Bill wrong - sorted
Split pipe - fixed
Solar panel not stuck on properly - fixed
Trim coming off front dash
Gas igniter out of casing, works intermittently
Sink tap very loose
Cushion above front cab hanging down, unstuck
Front of digital panel hanging off - unstuck
Toilet back - unstuck
Strip under sink - unstuck
Toilet bottom panel - not sealed properly
Very draughty

So far

Have only been ft touring since beginning of May in answer to previous comment.
Don't quite understand this thread , where emails are going and who to, and it's nowt to do with me either, but that list doesn't seem too bad to me, three worst , sorted, and the rest all just want sticking back, albeit with something better, draughty is something you get with all mhs, as far as I know.(y)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Don't quite understand this thread , where emails are going and who to, and it's nowt to do with me either, but that list doesn't seem too bad to me, three worst , sorted, and the rest all just want sticking back, albeit with something better, draughty is something you get with all mhs, as far as I know.(y)
I think when fotodayz says draughty he/she means "a gale"

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back