Free Member
Jul 21, 2015
Nomad
Funster No
MH
Wildax Aurora
Exp
its in the family blood
Don't quite understand this thread , where emails are going and who to, and it's nowt to do with me either, but that list doesn't seem too bad to me, three worst , sorted, and the rest all just want sticking back, albeit with something better, draughty is something you get with all mhs, as far as I know.(y)
Even new ones

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Even new ones

Draughts have featured in many moans on here due to ventillation the vehicle makers install to let air circulate in cavities to prevent damp and rust. People block them at their own risk.

This may or may not be your draught.

OP
OP
B

Blah

Free Member
Jul 21, 2015
Nomad
Funster No
MH
Wildax Aurora
Exp
its in the family blood
This is how they advertise

Winterisation
In Feb 2014 WildAx Motorhomes asked Truma UK to independantly test our models for winterisation and insulation AND...We passed at the highest level possible gaining Grade 3 winterisation! This means that our motorhomes have been tested down to -15 deg C- so, they have the highest possible level of insulation and winterisation. The test involves cooling the motorhome to -15 deg overnight then operating the motorhome heater to warm the interior to +20 deg. This must be achieved in under 4 hours. We did it in 3 hours 21 min!

It just doesn't, that test was done in an enclosed environment and it is not true in the real world. This is why I got it as I mentioned to them I need a winter van. But the draughts in winter override the heating and just cannot warm the van.

OP
OP
B

Blah

Free Member
Jul 21, 2015
Nomad
Funster No
MH
Wildax Aurora
Exp
its in the family blood
I suspect a clash of personalities...

Only a suspicion though...

Mediation needed maybe?

JJ :cool:

Possibly but they made out I was in the wrong in the billing saga. It went on for ages they couldn't believe I couldn't see it so I eventually sent them my sales copy and all they said was oh you found an extra amount. No apology

OP
OP
B

Blah

Free Member
Jul 21, 2015
Nomad
Funster No
MH
Wildax Aurora
Exp
its in the family blood
Yes I am a she, dumpy nearly 60, ran my own photography workshop biz, have worked in IT, conservation, etc

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I know these things can get one really, really stressed but...

I haven't come across anything in this thread about your van that can't be sorted out fairly easily...

What I don't understand is why a company with such a high overall customer satisfaction level seems to be reluctant to fix your problems...

You didn't start screaming and shouting at anyone did you? :whistle:

I wonder what their side of the story is.

There are always two sides in matters such as these.

OP
OP
B

Blah

Free Member
Jul 21, 2015
Nomad
Funster No
MH
Wildax Aurora
Exp
its in the family blood

I haven't come across anything in this thread about your van that can't be sorted out fairly easily...

What I don't understand is why a company with such a high overall customer satisfaction level seems to be reluctant to fix your problems...

I wonder what their side of the story is. There are always two sides in matters such as these.

They refused to believe me when I constantly said their invoices were wrong, they just kept saying i was wrong, I had to send them my sales copy to prove it then they just said oh you've found some more or something like that. That was a nightmare in itself.

OP
OP
B

Blah

Free Member
Jul 21, 2015
Nomad
Funster No
MH
Wildax Aurora
Exp
its in the family blood
I d

I wonder what their side of the story is.

There are always two sides in matters such as these.

but in the midst of this I get an email from Duncan saying he didnt know I'd had any faults even though he'd been copied in

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
This is how they advertise

Winterisation
In Feb 2014 WildAx Motorhomes asked Truma UK to independantly test our models for winterisation and insulation AND...We passed at the highest level possible gaining Grade 3 winterisation! This means that our motorhomes have been tested down to -15 deg C- so, they have the highest possible level of insulation and winterisation. The test involves cooling the motorhome to -15 deg overnight then operating the motorhome heater to warm the interior to +20 deg. This must be achieved in under 4 hours. We did it in 3 hours 21 min!

It just doesn't, that test was done in an enclosed environment and it is not true in the real world. This is why I got it as I mentioned to them I need a winter van. But the draughts in winter override the heating and just cannot warm the van.
No mention that there weren't any draughts

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I d

but in the midst of this I get an email from Duncan saying he didnt know I'd had any faults even though he'd been copied in
Why keep emailing , why not just go round and show them.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It just doesn't, that test was done in an enclosed environment and it is not true in the real world.

Pretty normal for the world we live in. But to be fair to them the real world is so complicated on-one could test to real world conditions.

So what can be done ? Have you identified where the draughts are coming from - we have the standard draught by the cab doors.

I think you be driving back to the converter and having a nice quiet discussion face to face on how to resolve the problems before they get worse, which they will while you are making them worse jamming things down the gaps, even for good reason.

Yes, it should not happen but it has and needs sorting.

OP
OP
B

Blah

Free Member
Jul 21, 2015
Nomad
Funster No
MH
Wildax Aurora
Exp
its in the family blood
Pretty normal for the world we live in. But to be fair to them the real world is so complicated on-one could test to real world conditions.

So what can be done ? Have you identified where the draughts are coming from - we have the standard draught by the cab doors.

I think you be driving back to the converter and having a nice quiet discussion face to face on how to resolve the problems before they get worse, which they will while you are making them worse jamming things down the gaps, even for good reason.

Yes, it should not happen but it has and needs sorting.

Back doors, over the fridge

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
True but thinking winterised i.e. Cold places

Their quite stringent test did class it as winterised, it is mighty close, get some cushions, curtain, dead sheep and block the draughts then ask them if they can do a permanent cure.

OP
OP
B

Blah

Free Member
Jul 21, 2015
Nomad
Funster No
MH
Wildax Aurora
Exp
its in the family blood
You have a motorhome that's what they are for, not stopping in one place.
Ok my Dad had dementia so I left the work market when I was 50, I have just sold their house, I cannot afford another house and did not want to stay in the village so my option was a MH as I don't know where I want to live.

I did say to Duncan I wanted a winterised van as I was moving to Scotland and no I don't move every day I think I'm going to delete this.

Thanks to the people who have helped.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
When I was working at an electrical wholesaler, emails were looked at about once a week and then just ignored, that is why I never ever trust them, it's ok if you are sending one to someone who is expecting one or to confirm something but just out of the blue , waste of time can't you even get them on the phone, got to be better than emails.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I did say to Duncan I wanted a winterised van as I was moving to Scotland and no I don't move every day

Have you thought of Exciting Plan B, do what many FUNsters do, head for Morocco in the winter. Warm, cheap, different.

I've worked in Scotland in ours in Feb, it is a winterised Burstner with Ski locker, but the the water pipes froze once because I used an electric fan heater to save refilling gas every 3 days, not knowing that the gas heating blew hot air on the pipes at the back of the cupboards.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
When I was working at an electrical wholesaler, emails were looked at about once a week and then just ignored, that is why I never ever trust them, it's ok if you are sending one to someone who is expecting one or to confirm something but just out of the blue , waste of time can't you even get them on the phone, got to be better than emails.
Standard communication these days if can't be bothered to answer not worth dealing with.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Going over the earlier posts by fotodayz it appears that some of the emails sent to Wildax by her have really ruffled their feathers due to the 'language' used (Wildax's email response suggests this) ... this doesn't excuse any issues with the quality of the PVC but may explain why they are reluctant to send emails back for 'fear' of getting more 'inappropriate' ones back.

Reading between the lines it may be that fotodayz isn't so 'hands on' as some of us are and therefore not able, or willing, to 'fix' any issues herself and this is always going to be an issue, as it would be if you were in a static 'bricks and mortar' home, however with a static B&M home you'd have people you could call on (if it was a new build) to come and sort stuff our under their warranty/guarantee but when your home is movable you can't expect the builder to come to you to fix any issues, or pay for you to go back to them for them to do so, especially when you are so far away.

Unless the OP is willing to fix it herself or go back to them at some point (and in the interim protect the PVC from further damage due to leaking water etc), its difficult to know how else this can be resolved, the only alternative would be if Wildax agreed for someone near to the OP to sort it out and for them to pay, but I doubt they would do this.

IMV as there is now a large build-up of 'prickliness' on both sides the only way to even try to get this sorted may be to ask a friend to 'deal' with Wildax on the OP's behalf to avoid anymore confrontation/upset.

OP
OP
B

Blah

Free Member
Jul 21, 2015
Nomad
Funster No
MH
Wildax Aurora
Exp
its in the family blood
I've learnt from bitter experience to keep things in writing.

Yes there are 2 sides, why didn't they at least listen to me when the invoice was wrong instead of saying it was me and no one else on the office can understand why you can't get it.

I've asked Duncan why are you now saying I've not had faults but was ignored.

Except for that email above o haven't heard anything more re the faults i.e. Fixing them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back