Rally Twin Lakes - France Meet 2017 (1 Viewer)

pondfairy

Free Member
Feb 12, 2017
cornwall
Funster No
MH
vwt4 trident 1995 hightop
Exp
5 years
See you there Graham and Jean . Great site ..will ring Garry and book in new year .. Roy
@Khizzie hi k, which ferry are you going to twin lakes on, just trying to work out my journey and stops on the way to whichever ferry.

Reactions: JaG
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Sorry, never got notification of your post.
I will have a pitch on the Lakeside field, though not on Lakeside or with EHU, they all went last November. If you let me know I will book you in if you want.
Thanks
Yes please book me in , if any ehu's come up please bear us in mind .. Thanks

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
@Khizzie hi k, which ferry are you going to twin lakes on, just trying to work out my journey and stops on the way to whichever ferry.
Hiya @pondfairy .will be crossing 31st August from Portsmouth to le Havre. 11pm landing 8am...then driving to Sees for a couple of days before mooching slowly south to twin lakes .have no stops in mind so will take it as it comes . Roy

Last edited:
OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hiya .will be crossing 31st August from Portsmouth to le Havre. 11pm landing 8am...then driving to Sees for a couple of days before mooching slowly south to twin lakes .have no stops in mind so will take it as it comes . Roy
We will probably see you at Sees. We are crossing by tunnel around that time and staying overnight in Sees then down to Twin Lakes to get the site ready.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
We will probably see you at Sees. We are crossing by tunnel around that time and staying overnight in Sees then down to Twin Lakes to get the site ready.
Be good to see you both at Sees and catch up on gossip etc. Roy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pondfairy

Free Member
Feb 12, 2017
cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
5 years
Hiya @pondfairy .will be crossing 31st August from Portsmouth to le Havre. 11pm landing 8am...then driving to Sees for a couple of days before mooching slowly south to twin lakes .have no stops in mind so will take it as it comes . Roy
@Khizzie thankyou, that would have been good to join you, except i wouldnt get any sleep and my first experience of driving on the other side i need to be well rested and awake. someone will be crossing nearer than dover i hope.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
@Khizzie thankyou, that would have been good to join you, except i wouldnt get any sleep and my first experience of driving on the other side i need to be well rested and awake. someone will be crossing nearer than dover i hope.
Believe me Pip you have nothing to worry about driving on 'the other side'. I relish the thought of going over the water because it so much easier and so resting driving on the continent; wished I had done it long before 2011. We tow a 42 foot outfit and it so much easier than here. Thirty minutes after landing you will be thoroughly enjoying the journey. :france:

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
@pondfairy ,no problem sleeping book a chair or cabin which is what I do .then have a meal and a glass or two and you will sleep like baby .lol. as for driving other side of road after a few minutes you will wonder why you were so apprehensive. .think Portsmouth probably the nearest ferry crossingfor you ...Roy

pondfairy

Free Member
Feb 12, 2017
cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
5 years
Believe me Pip you have nothing to worry about driving on 'the other side'. I relish the thought of going over the water because it so much easier and so resting driving on the continent; wished I had done it long before 2011. We tow a 42 foot outfit and it so much easier than here. Thirty minutes after landing you will be thoroughly enjoying the journey. :france:
thankyou

pondfairy

Free Member
Feb 12, 2017
cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
5 years
@pondfairy ,no problem sleeping book a chair or cabin which is what I do .then have a meal and a glass or two and you will sleep like baby .lol. as for driving other side of road after a few minutes you will wonder why you were so apprehensive. .think Portsmouth probably the nearest ferry crossingfor you ...Roy
plymouth only 2 hours max. from me roy. but no one going from there so far

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
plymouth only 2 hours max. from me roy. but no one going from there so far
I know but Plymouth to France is expensive..thats why I suggested Portsmouth.. Lol . But please don't worry you will relax and enjoy the driving very quickly . Roy .my offer is still open to you or anyone else that is a tad worried..

Mar 14, 2017
Peak District
Funster No
MH
4 wheels on my wagon
Exp
Since 2013
Hi, put me down for two weeks please, change to ehu if it becomes available.
I have just posted a showcase item with some of my photos from the last few visits to France.
Happy days

Last edited:
OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Added for the two weeks. Unfortunately there will be no EHU during that time however, there are plenty of electric points around. Look forward to meeting you. :france:

Dec 23, 2009
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Atoutrial tracker
Exp
Since 2004
Hi
Good mornings Graham, Thankyou for the mail, could you please book us for the three weeks from the 8 to 28th
We would appreciate EHU, if you have a cancellation list
Kind Regards
Ron &Jeanette

Dec 23, 2009
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Atoutrial tracker
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Graham
We have booked Twin lakes from 7th to 28th September when we ahould have asked for the 6th
Since our email our sister and brother in law Suzton have contacted you with a booking for the same dates.
Kind Regards
Ron & Jeanette

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back