Dash cams .. doing another order if enough folk interested (1 Viewer)

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Hi Jaws

Have all your cameras been allocated

If they haven't i could do with another as i let one of mine go with my works van

Thanks Rich

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Guys and gals..
I will be doing another order and will start a new thread as this one is just too messy now !!

BUT !

Due to planned travel and the hours and hours it takes to organise very thing I am afraid it will not be until we get home from the UK trip.. And that will be some time after the Lincoln show

TERRY&PAULINE

Free Member
Feb 18, 2015
coventry
Funster No
MH
autocruise starfire
Exp
since 1987
Many thanks, but have now purchased one elsewhere

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Hi i am going to try out the dash cam tomorrow when i get an sd card for it but i had a quick look earlier and found i have a micro sdhc card spare but it is only 4GB is that big enough ? also its only class 4 i know class 6 was mentioned, how strict is that ? no prob picking a new one up but just thought i would ask incase . Thanks.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Hi i am going to try out the dash cam tomorrow when i get an sd card for it but i had a quick look earlier and found i have a micro sdhc card spare but it is only 4GB is that big enough ? also its only class 4 i know class 6 was mentioned, how strict is that ? no prob picking a new one up but just thought i would ask incase . Thanks.
In respect of capacity it just means that you'll be able to record less footage before it starts to overwrite. Can't remember what mb used \ minute but I did post it on another thread on here.
On the speed question afraid I can't help, sorry, as I use 32gb class 10 cards.

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Thanks for replying Gellyneck (y) i will get a new sdhc 16gb class 10 micro card from curries from around £9. hopefully that should be good enough to do the job. Then the fun part working out how to work it :whistle:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Thanks for replying Gellyneck (y) i will get a new sdhc 16gb class 10 micro card from curries from around £9. hopefully that should be good enough to do the job. Then the fun part working out how to work it :whistle:

I normally use My Memory for micro sd cards and you can get their own brand 32gb for same price - http://www.mymemory.co.uk/SDHC/MyMemory/MyMemory-32GB-SD-Card-(SDHC)---Class-10
however for an extra £1 I usually go for SanDisk ones http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDH...ltra-Micro-SD-(SDHC)-Class-10-UHS-I-U1-30MB_s

I've attached a copy of a "user manual" I pulled together when figuring out how to work mine. It's not top quality as I've had to compress it to upload. Hopefully of some use but don't blame me if it's not accurate!!!:eek:

Attachments

• User Instructions v1med.pdf
    759.3 KB · Views: 24

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
As per John's post (#994) he'll be doing a "new order" post when he returns so keeps your eyes open for that.(y)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Bought a dashcam of @Jaws (y) last year...............

..........Couldn't understand why it kept switching itself off...........

TODAY I read the instructions............... before use charge battery :doh:, could take up to 4 hours

...........just finished charging it................ working fine now:whistle2:

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hi @Gellyneck .... Yes... Unlikely to get any more..
Some folk could not grasp the info that I was making nowt on the deal at all, merely setting it up to get folk a trade price on the units, get them wrapped up and sent out to every one.
There was a total of three that failed and a couple of the buyers threatened legal action if I did not sort it.. Even though I had repeatedly explained that any issues had to be dealt with by the suppliers in China.
As it all ended up costing me quite a bit of lolly I decided I could not go forward with any more orders, as I do not need the hassle..

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
My Jaws dash cam is still ok and working well-had no issues and appreciated the deal and efforts you went to secure the best prices. A pity that some folks cant see a good deal when in front of them-always some complainers and sceptics out there.(y)

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I've just seen the date of this post so I guess I'm too late to order?

I had three I think, probably bought as pressies but events took over like they do. One's in the Faroes, one's laying on the dash in the van after Beck's told me that, and other gadgets, were the reason my radio reception was poor and the third is still in it's box in the office. I can pass it on at cost if interested, not sure if there's an SD card with it as it may have got used elsewhere but 16gb was the size @Jaws recommended if I remember right.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back