Torre del Mar - freeloading (sorry, meant wild camping!) (2 Viewers)

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Having been a wilding no no for a few years, with signs at all entry points to the town for the past few years stating no MH between 10pm and 7am - it seems that this year things have changed!
Now I have no idea if the local rules have changed, or are being ignored by the local plod, but since new year and still today there are upwards of 50 vans on the large car parking area right by the beach and minutes from the town (y)
I have had a chat with a few there and they have had no problems.
There is a black dump suitable for cassettes and water is available from the beach showers/taps.
There is also a decent loo in a 'shed' which apparently is open 24/7 as well as the 2 popular beach bars right in front of you :D
Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone was passing this way and was put off by only being permitted to use the 2 sites there ( which are still pretty much full:eek:)

The only condition that I'm aware of is that if any funsters are there they have to pm me and arrange to meet to buy me some :drink:
This Is the location -

IMG_0480.JPG

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Would you be able to add the details on Campercontact please Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Thanks Dave could be down that way end if Feb on way to Maroc, can you keep us updated if all still ok.
Cheers
@Robert Clark I just went into maps.me and put in N36.731291 W4.099977 and flagged/bookmarked the site

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Sadly, I think plod has got the hump!
Found this 'friendly warning' under my wipers today, and the beachfront seems devoid of vans:eek:
Shame, best I go find some storage before the next one is a ticket:mad:
And I even left a note in the window that it was unoccupied, with my address ( right next to where I was parked) and phone number!
Not moving out till 25th!!!
Oh well.
Link Removed

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Found this 'friendly warning' under my wipers today, and the beachfront seems devoid of vans:eek:
And I even left a note in the window that it was unoccupied, with my address ( right next to where I was parked) and phone number!
Oh well.
Link Removed

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

So you can't park your own vehicle outside your own house because it's the wrong type of vehicle. And people are moaning about Trump, Spain seems every bit as bad from what I've read over the years, people losing their houses, paying for roads, ebikes, A-frames etc.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Oh well.
Link Removed
That's a shame Dave - I'd planned to stop there in March.
We're heading south and hadn't made a firm decision between going to Portugal or Spain, so have plans for both, just in case

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
I had a great lunch at the Berebere yesterday, there were quite a few MHs about but most were on the road on the photo and the road further inland just off the first photo and clearly shown on the second photo... Only a few on the parking area and those there seemed ready to move on quickly..

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
I had a great lunch at the Berebere yesterday, there were quite a few MHs about but most were on the road on the photo and the road further inland just off the first photo and clearly shown on the second photo... Only a few on the parking area and those there seemed ready to move on quickly..
And where was my beer?? :cool:

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Update.
Have just taken my van 2km down the road into secure storage - €35 for a month, that's that sorted. ( don't start on about insurance blah blah blah :rolleyes:)

On the way back, noticed NEW signage has gone up, basically stating no motorhomes to park anywhere between 2100 and 0900 within the town boundary :mad:

This from the same town council that stopped all live music in the bars all summer long.

Go figureo_O

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Update.
Have just taken my van 2km down the road into secure storage - €35 for a month, that's that sorted. ( don't start on about insurance blah blah blah :rolleyes:)

On the way back, noticed NEW signage has gone up, basically stating no motorhomes to park anywhere between 2100 and 0900 within the town boundary :mad:

This from the same town council that stopped all live music in the bars all summer long.

Go figureo_O

That is a shame Dave, we were also going stop by on the way back and visit with you , seems a bit harsh stopping live music entirely at a beach resort

No wonder you enjoyed our live bands at Silves, Portugal on your visit there

John n Kath x

Ps the attachment you posted earlier is not working states error

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
Death wish. Looks like the place is run by a clique of olde fartes.

No idea what it is like in the summer but during the winter it is a busy 'Spanish' town, super promenade and beach-side restaurants, plenty of people about throughout the day...Very pleasant..Easy access to Malaga, hillside towns, mountains etc.

Shame about all the MHs parked all over the place down at the west end...:p:p

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

Update.

Go figureo_O

The notice is illegal. They are not allowed to differentiate between vehicles parking in the street. We aren't talking about camping, but parking. On the beach you have no rights.
This is the law that explains it
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0rnKhFVHZkIU0RDT002cU9VTnc/edit?pli=1

& this is the regulation explained by the Guardia.
Broken Link Removed

As @vwalan has always taken pains to point out. It was fought for long & hard. I didn't think there was anywhere left that was still uneducated by the Spanish autocaravana associations. Then again it is Andalucia.

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
The notice is illegal. They are not allowed to differentiate between vehicles parking in the street. We aren't talking about camping, but parking. On the beach you have no rights.
This is the law that explains it
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0rnKhFVHZkIU0RDT002cU9VTnc/edit?pli=1

& this is the regulation explained by the Guardia.
Broken Link Removed

As @vwalan has always taken pains to point out. It was fought for long & hard. I didn't think there was anywhere left that was still uneducated by the Spanish autocaravana associations. Then again it is Andalucia.

I did kinda think that, but looked up the bye laws from the local ajuntiamento and it's all there ( courtesy of google translate!) prohibiting motorhomes parking anywhere within city limits between those times. Now also reinforced by nice shiny new signs put up his week.
I could argue the toss once I got a ticket, as my van is completely road legal and parked outside my home, but as you know, that would be a complete waste of time and effort and probably money !!!

Further along the coast at Mijas apparently you have to get an authorisation from the local police station which lasts 48 hours, or you get a ticket. It seems the rules vary !!!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
You don't have to argue just ask at the council /policia local for the "Hojas de reclamación" fill it in ,job done. Just asking for them can often be enough. Denying them to you is a criminal offence. & if it was me , as I use mine as a runabout, I'd be in the Guardia with the same complaint.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Dave I'd fight this all the way, just look at all the beer your losing :)

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
If you want to stay near Torre, at Torrex Costa perhaps 15 minutes east along the coast, today, there were perhaps 80 mhs parked up by the lighthouse, a lucky few right on the beach...Perhaps space for another 20...Few immediate amenities though Torrox promenade with the beach side restaurants started directly from the parking..

Deleted User
If you want to stay near Torre, at Torrex Costa perhaps 15 minutes east along the coast, today, there were perhaps 80 mhs parked up by the lighthouse, a lucky few right on the beach...Perhaps space for another 20...Few immediate amenities though Torrox promenade with the beach side restaurants started directly from the parking..

Sounds absolutely idyllic:)

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Little Germany over there!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back