Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
Got a phone call from Alex at Calder last evening, New baby comes off production line 23rd December, Arrives UK 2nd week January, They have work to do which will take 7 - 10 days then she is mine to cherish, Whay Hay
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::roflmto:::bigsmile:

Must say I am VERY impressed with Calder.
:thumb:::bigsmile::thumb:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Allegedly !

Anyway, it it's a she, "she" will do it all her own way and you'll never, ever be able to comprehend why.

thats because if its a 'she', she will be basically compliant and accept changes, on the other hand
if a 'he', it will throw its dummy out and everylittle change will be a 'pig of a job'

Bet your really excited now and can't wait

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

delbert

Free Member
Oct 2, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Got a phone call from Alex at Calder last evening, New baby comes off production line 23rd December, Arrives UK 2nd week January, They have work to do which will take 7 - 10 days then she is mine to cherish, Whay Hay
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::roflmto:::bigsmile:

Must say I am VERY impressed with Calder.
:thumb:::bigsmile::thumb:

We currently have a 35ft Damon RV been looking at 5th wheels, impressed with the offerings from Calder, what are you intending to tow with.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
if its a 'she', she will be basically compliant and accept changes

What ????????

"I'm not starting today"

"Why not"

"It's Thursday"

"But you started last Thursday and the Thursday before that"

"Yes. You just take me for granted. I'm fed up with starting on Thursday"

"But you're magnificent on Thursday, no-one can take their eyes off you on Thursday, you sexy beast"

Brrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

But you don't want to be there on Friday.

OP
OP
LesAshmore

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
We currently have a 35ft Damon RV been looking at 5th wheels, impressed with the offerings from Calder, what are you intending to tow with.

I already have a Navara Tekna Auto which most seem to be happy with, BUt if you listen to others they want big no i mean BIG, I am going to use that for a while and judge it myself, I have been out in one which is exactly what I am having which was also using a Navara the same as I have got and it seemed ok and no probs at all.
:thumb:

I used to have a Damon escaper at 38ft but got sick and tired of not being able to get anywhere interesting on our travels, Then fuel went up, Cost of insurance went up then road tax and I thought stuff this and got a Hymer B774 at 29ft that was OK but not totally happy as it was big but not really much room so swapped again and went to a Adria I707 at 27ft it was great but then I started looking at fivers and decided that was the way to go, Problem is now though, I cannot wait for delivery.

I was very lucky actually I advertised my Adria and sold it for asking price within 2 days, So VERY HAPPY.
:ROFLMAO:::bigsmile:

Last edited:

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
I used to have a Damon escaper at 38ft but got sick and tired of not being able to get anywhere interesting on our travels, Then fuel went up, Cost of insurance went up then road tax and I thought stuff this.........................:

Exactly the same story for us mate!
Absolutely loved my Landau and still love the A class rigs, but for us, the costs simply couldn't be justified any more, even with our level of usage.
Got the Kountrylite and Nav and are STILL over the moon nearly 7 months on. All the benefits of RV systems and tanks but with the ability to visit those tiny little villages.:thumb:
ffi' recons she loves the Kountrylite even more than the Landau. Recons its a "woman" thing cos she says it looks just like a little appartment when on site, no more hiding engine hatches and steering wheels to make it look nice. ( I still love the A class tho':Cool:)

Good luck with the new baby, I really dont think you'll be sorry.:thumb:

Nov 10, 2008
Forest Row, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
Yep, had ours since March this year and have down to Spain and back twice, with a Navara no probs.
Talking to a guy on site (Marjal) we an A class and he was complaining that he did not have enough room inside and may start looking at a 5er!?

Are you planning a trip?
JK

OP
OP
LesAshmore

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
Yes I have already booked the ferries, Start off (June) in Belguim (Zeebugge) travelling down to Normandy beaches and staying approx 7 - 10 days, then down to Montbron (France) and staying with Brother in Law a few days or so, From there we are going across into Austria then the Tyrol (Bolzano) stopping off a couple of places in between obviously and having a couple of days or so in Between, Then down to Ancona taking about 3 or 4 days, Catching Ferry in August at Ancona to Greece, Touring around a while set off back 21st September from Igoumenitsa I have not booked ferry from Zeebrugge to Uk so will see what we want to on way home and book ferry day before we need it.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
the best thing is no aframing of toads or car trailers ,mine fits into car n caravan price on ferries. no more inconveniant than a big camper . how many times does anybody really need the walk through ,not much. you can just stop. ive used mine for 10yr now cant think of anything better. for local camping have a bongo and teardrop. but for winter or bigish travels 5er wins hands down. hope you have many years of pleasure out of it, i,m sure you will. cheers alan.

delbert

Free Member
Oct 2, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I already have a Navara Tekna Auto which most seem to be happy with, BUt if you listen to others they want big no i mean BIG, I am going to use that for a while and judge it myself, I have been out in one which is exactly what I am having which was also using a Navara the same as I have got and it seemed ok and no probs at all.
:thumb:

I used to have a Damon escaper at 38ft but got sick and tired of not being able to get anywhere interesting on our travels, Then fuel went up, Cost of insurance went up then road tax and I thought stuff this and got a Hymer B774 at 29ft that was OK but not totally happy as it was big but not really much room so swapped again and went to a Adria I707 at 27ft it was great but then I started looking at fivers and decided that was the way to go, Problem is now though, I cannot wait for delivery.

I was very lucky actually I advertised my Adria and sold it for asking price within 2 days, So VERY HAPPY.
:ROFLMAO:::bigsmile:

We have a Dodge Ram Hemi in the family that can be used to tow a 5th wheel, belongs to my son and as he normally comes with us in the RV shouldn't be problem, when you park up does the tow vehicle have to be in line with the 5r to un hitch and hitch up, reason I ask when we attend the water ski races on the Belgium canals you are required to park with the RV Cab facing the canal, you only have the width of the tow patch between the cab and the canal to un hitch.

OP
OP
LesAshmore

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
I can answer that even though I have not got mine nor tried it yet, But this was one of the "Againsts" that people were throwing at me, No they don't have to be in line, You can hitch/unhitch at ANY angle that you can get on to the hitch at, It was demonstrated to me by a 5er at Lincoln show.

Les

delbert

Free Member
Oct 2, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I can answer that even though I have not got mine nor tried it yet, But this was one of the "Againsts" that people were throwing at me, No they don't have to be in line, You can hitch/unhitch at ANY angle that you can get on to the hitch at, It was demonstrated to me by a 5er at Lincoln show.

Les

Thanks Les that's very helpful, just need to make our mind up re selling the Damon

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
if you have a good bit of clearance like mine i can almost get on the pin at 120 deree away from forward . makes it good for parking in a small place i can get in a 3 car space by jacknifing backwards then push the front across leaves a nice area outside the door. much more manouverable than most imagine. mine is a 20ft trailer i can just turn it around on a normal 2 lane road. leaves nice black lines from the tyres . how they stay on is beyond me .can lift up tarmac if its hot weather. it fits nicely in two park spaces one behind the other.
you have to be careful of cab strike on some pickups that swhy they fit sliding hitches.

Last edited:

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
Thanks Les that's very helpful, just need to make our mind up re selling the Damon

The main restriction is cab strike, this can be a problem with some of the short bed pick ups, otherwise you can attack it from any angle you so wish.

HTH

Rob

OP
OP
LesAshmore

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
Well, Unit came off production line today, Got to wait now for it's transportation across the water and then up to jolly old Calder.

Gettin Excited Now.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Well, Unit came off production line today, Got to wait now for it's transportation across the water and then up to jolly old Calder.

Gettin Excited Now.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

strange thing Les.....thought we'd already had christmas....:Doh:

New baby comes off production line 23rd December, Arrives UK 2nd week January,

bet you're fed up waiting.
hope theres no more delays.:thumb:

OP
OP
LesAshmore

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
Ah It's not really a delay as I asked for some modifications at last minute so it is bang on schedule.

:ROFLMAO:

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Good luck with the new toy Les, I'm sure you can't wait now.

Looks like you have a great trip planned - ENJOY. :thumb:

OP
OP
LesAshmore

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
My Baby arrives UK Next Tuesday 2nd (Confirmed) I think Calder will probably need it a few days, But It is imminent.

YYyyyyeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
LesAshmore

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
All arranged now, I go to Livingston on Sunday, Calder arranged an hotel for me for Sunday night as they want truck first thing Monday morning, two days work on truck then day learning then home so it won't be long now.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb:

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
Nice one Les :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Don't forget to take a big strong KingPin lock with you ::bigsmile:
Alternatively may I suggest a KingPin Tripod and lock.

Rob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back