Rally 60's Soul Survivors Weekend (1 Viewer)

dreckly

Free Member
May 13, 2009
cornwall
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Back on the road after a 4 yr break
Many thanks for putting on this event, the venue was well chosen and the organisation faultless. Sorry I arrived late and left early, if you are up for a repeat next year please count me in.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Ken That would be Bev from RalphandBev I think it was that one she likes;)

Yes Terry I did request 9 times out of 10. The dj very kindly searched the net and played it a couple of times for me.
It is my favourite track. I didn't ask Ken about it though. That must have been someone else.
I also requested Long after tonight is all over , and time will pass you by . And several more.
The dj's did ask for requests on Friday and it would have been rude not to , Hence me not being off the floor most of Friday night.

As there the ones our dj used to finish off with in York. When I was really into it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2008
Funster No
Thanks Ken and Linda. We had a great weekend. I think you're naturals at the rally organising lark.
Thanks to everyone that helped you , I do hope you're all having a well deserved day of rest.
When do you want the deposit for next year (only joking), BUT! If you do decide to do a 2016 Soul Survivors please put us on your list.

Anne & Malc

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Based in the South West Pete, you're right in saying it would cost a bob or two to get them to the East Mids although looking at past gigs they've played in Preston and Pontefract. I expect they would want at least £2k plus expenses for a gig and using the hall and numbers we had at Muskham would necessitate us having to charge at least £45 per unit plus camping. That sort of money puts many off, so consequently the event becomes untenable.

However, I think our choice of Dyna-Mix would be a hard act to follow for a small venue, such as North Muskham.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Without a doubt you are correct Ken but I can dream and I for one one would pay far more than that for a weekend with our great DJs, and a live band
Dyna mix did a fantastic job but you can't beat live entertainment

The All-Nighters

Free Member
Jun 1, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Peter and Elaine / canopus - Ade of 'The All-Nighters' band here - I feel a bit of a cyber-stalker, but you can't copy a link of us without us knowing..... Just to say that going by your forum, your weekend sounds like a fun event - we're not as pricey as you might think - so if you do consider booking a band next year - do get in touch with us first. e-mail theall-nighters@hotmail.co.uk or just click on links via our website www.allnightersband.co.uk KTF

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Peter and Elaine / canopus - Ade of 'The All-Nighters' band here - I feel a bit of a cyber-stalker, but you can't copy a link of us without us knowing..... Just to say that going by your forum, your weekend sounds like a fun event - we're not as pricey as you might think - so if you do consider booking a band next year - do get in touch with us first. e-mail theall-nighters@hotmail.co.uk or just click on links via our website www.allnightersband.co.uk KTF
Well how much then???

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Nice one guys we saw you play at wings and wheels last year and really enjoyed it and at least you paid your tenner to join our club more than most would do
@Brisey

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Firstly Happy Birthday (for tomorrow) Lynda xx
& Happy 40th WA to you both xx
Guys it was BRILLIANT Thank you x, and as you can see an absolute MUST for next year...
Oh and if it's not broke don't fix it!
Dyna-Mix were Fab Tastic
Please don't think I am dissing dyna mix they where fantastic (y)and got the theam bang on but I just love live music :)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I take it from that then you don't like any form of publicity -How or why did you let yourselves be on you tube :whistle:You can get the clips blocked -We were a limited number of funsters -not sure on numbers but around 60 vans ish -so I would think paying a 8 piece? band to entertain us would come to a lot more than we /I would like to pay -Now if you wanted to practice and cover your expenses to entertain us that could be another matter :D-Sorry but I personally prefer our own funsters who play and entertain us FOC -(they enjoy simply jamming )Judging by YT vid you are playing catch up to some of the funster lot ;)
Please note I only C/P your own link/statement :LOL:
Peter & Elaine they have not paid to become full members yet ;)
terry http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/members/peter-elaine.22676/

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I take it from that then you don't like any form of publicity -How or why did you let yourselves be on you tube :whistle:You can get the clips blocked -We were a limited number of funsters -not sure on numbers but around 60 vans ish -so I would think paying a 8 piece? band to entertain us would come to a lot more than we /I would like to pay -Now if you wanted to practice and cover your expenses to entertain us that could be another matter :D-Sorry but I personally prefer our own funsters who play and entertain us FOC -(they enjoy simply jamming )Judging by YT vid you are playing catch up to some of the funster lot ;)
Please note I only C/P your own link/statement :LOL:
Peter & Elaine they have not paid to become full members yet ;)
terry
They have a system whereby they know who has looked & then can see where from &, like he did last night, contact people who maybe interested in booking them.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
r :D-Sorry but I personally prefer our own funsters who play and entertain us FOC -(they enjoy simply jamming )Judging by YT vid you are playing catch up to some of the funster lot ;)
terry

:Eeek::crying::imoutahere:
Arghhhhhh ukelalie Northern Soul ! Funster style. My ears are bleeding:rofl:
It would be my worst nightmare Terry.

I think it's all a bit karaoke IMO.
I much prefer the real thing . Records. Or as near to , the Internet tracks dynamix were playing. Sounded just the same , minus the clicks and scratches.
They did a great job.
They could find any track you wanted. If you had the title and you didn't even need the singer or band. Took me right back into the zone on Friday. Brilliant.:clap2:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:Eeek::crying::imoutahere:
Arghhhhhh ukelalie Northern Soul ! Funster style. My ears are bleeding:rofl:
It would be my worst nightmare Terry.

I think it's all a bit karaoke IMO.
I much prefer the real thing . Records. Or as near to , the Internet tracks dynamix were playing. Sounded just the same , minus the clicks and scratches.
They did a great job.
They could find any track you wanted. If you had the title and you didn't even need the singer or band. Took me right back into the zone on Friday. Brilliant.:clap2:

Oh Bev, the more I read this thread the more I am sulking that I couldn't get there... :( Sounds like the music was my kindo thing too.

We have some brilliant guitarists and drummer on this forum, wihich is amazing, but it would be lovely to have a quality DJ and equipment at some of the meets .... I'm going to cry in my cup of tea now and wait for next year's meet ... Can you post some photos of the skirt you made please?

Also, love Dave and Polly too of course .. fun people. :)

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Let me clarify -I was thinking along the lines of last weeks Thretford bash when Mike and the band entertained us for an hour or two Saturday night after rehearsing for a few hours /couple of days -then on Sunday Simon got up and simply Blew us all away with what was left of the band not knowing what was coming next :Dbut they seemed to enjoy every minute once they got what Simon was playing and tagged on (y) No rehearsal :) but the smiles and exuberance on the faces of all was plain to see and hear -Don't think even Simon knew what he was playing -just went with the feel/flow -brilliant (y)
terry

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I emailed Ade of the 'All Nighters' regarding his unsolicited free posting on our Forum, and enquired about rates - this is his reply.

Apologies - no offence meant - we do the band thing on a very part-time basis as there's eight of us with family /work commitments etc, but as long as everyone can make a date (we can only commit to two gigs a month) we'd do a gig in Nottinghamshire for £1,000. For that we play two sets which together = 35 songs (1 hr 45m). Anyway, this is in no way a hard sell - I just didn't want you to think that all bands require a fortune to turn up and play a professional set of soul. We do it for the fun of it and some pocket money. Regards, Ade

Rough back of a fag packet arithmetic with hall hire, and four nights (late May Bank Hol) camping for 50 odd vans would work out in the region of £58 - £60 per unit. However we would only have the band entertaining us for 1.45 hours. Might still have to bring my laptop and turntable with me again.:rofl:

My thoughts are stick with DyNa-MiX. Young Rob put together an amazing event for us and IMO would be hard to replicate.

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
They could find any track you wanted. If you had the title and you didn't even need the singer or band. Took me right back into the zone on Friday. Brilliant.:clap2:[/QUOTE]
they could not play the track Bob likes, "Man up in the Sky"

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back