Rally 60's Soul Survivors Weekend (1 Viewer)

signworks

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2013
wrose bradford
Funster No
MH
swift bolero
Exp
since 2009
really big thank you for this event bloody brilliant
found some new friends had good laff and good dance friday night
djs top draw if it happens next year well be there
thanks to ken and lynda and all there helpers what a great do
tomi & june ( signworks )

meggie

Free Member
Jan 12, 2009
milford haven
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
8y
What a fantastic weekend thanks to ken an linda an helpers a great venue an a big thanks to the djs brilliant music mark an sue

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Great soul meet, dancing most of Friday night, loved it.
Dj's were brilliant, hope it's on next year.
Thanks to Ken & Lynda
Happy anniversary to you both:h:
Happy birthday next week Lynda:birthday:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Well done guys, congrats to Ken and Lynda for organising a successful 1st Rally and also congratulations on your 40th Wedding Anniversary, have a great time. Thanks too to all the other "helpers" for a lovely weekend, and all our Funster friends, see you all soon.
Simon and Marg
And how could I forget Terry for running me (and others) into Newark!

Nov 9, 2014
hedon ,hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
caravaning since 1981
Hi Ken & Linda really enjoyed our first rally had a brilliant time looking forward to more rallies in the future xx

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Yes
Hope you all have a fabulous time ......... I am soooo envious ... bet the dancing is amazing. :)
Yes had a great time joy was hoping to see you there. Lovely walks great music. Didn't reckon much to the village hall tho. Reckon it needs a makeover lol
_20150530_135950.JPG

The venue was brilliant !! Everything was 1st class and Me and lucky had a great weekend. So thank you ken and Linda, and your dedicated helpers, for all your hard work in making it all possible.

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Just like to add our thanks to Ken and Linda and all the other helpers who made this weekend possible! We had a fabulous time, just wish it had been longer to give us chance to put more faces to names! Would definitely love to do it all again next year, in the meantime hope to catch up with you all soon! And happy anniversary @canopus !

Rob (DJ)

Free Member
May 31, 2015
notts
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
Hi everyone. First I would like to thank all of you for making us all feel very welcome over the weekend. What a great bunch of people. Just hope we get the chance to see some of you again. Thank you again from Myself, Sam & Mick.

Oops sorry about My first post. I must have pressed post reply before I'd finished

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Well what can we say? Our first rally as organisers. Thanks to everyone who attended and made the event possible. Commiserations to those who were booked on but couldn't attend.

Lots of help from fellow Funsters, and in particular thanks go to Graham & Rosie (Suggy) pegging out the pitches, Bob and Graham helping to get everyone on to their pitches, Shaun & Nicki (12Volt), Bob & Val (Weekenders) on bacon cob fatigue, Mick & Sheila (Runrig) for providing the black pudding.

Also a VERY big thank you to Bob and Denise (BobnDen) for asking their son Rob (DJ) aka (DynaMix) to provide us with an incredible Soul Survivors, foot stomping, son of a gun, rip snorting audio visual experience over two nights. Not often you see a standing ovation for a DJ !

Finally, not forgetting our thanks to all the Funsters who 'mucked in' tidying up the room after Jimmy Radcliffe's 1964 recording "Long After Tonight is All Over" closed what was for myself and Lynda, a very memorable and enjoyable weekend.

60's Soul Survivors 2016 - watch this space !!

Last edited:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Well what can we say? Our first rally as organisers. Thanks to everyone who attended and made the event possible. Commiserations to those who were booked on but couldn't attend.

Lots of help from fellow Funsters, and in particular thanks go to Graham & Rosie (Suggy) pegging out the pitches, Bob and Graham helping to get everyone on to their pitches, Shaun & Nicki (12Volt), Bob & Val (Weekenders) on bacon cob fatigue, Mick & Sheila (Runrig) for providing the black pudding.

Also a VERY big thank you to Bob and Denise (BobnDen) for asking their son Rob (DJ) aka (DynaMix) to provide us with an incredible Soul Survivors, foot stomping, son of a gun, rip snorting audio visual experience over two nights. Not often you see a standing ovation for a DJ !

Finally, not forgetting our thanks to all the Funsters who 'mucked in' tidying up the room after Jimmy Radcliffe's "Long After Tonight is All Over" closed what was for us, was a very memorable and enjoyable weekend.

60's Soul Survivors 2016 - watch this space !!
:crying::crying::crying::crying: You know how to kick somebody when they are down don't you....:crying::crying: I was so upset I couldn't get to this meet and it sounds like it was fabulous. So pleased it all went well for you ... everyone I have spoken to who was there is singing its praises.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:crying::crying::crying::crying: You know how to kick somebody when they are down don't you....:crying::crying: I was so upset I couldn't get to this meet and it sounds like it was fabulous. So pleased it all went well for you ... everyone I have spoken to who was there is singing its praises.
Don't moan Joy your loss was my gain (y):)I did not want to go anywhere near this meet -hated northern soul as a teenager -but it was not so much Northern soul as soul music -don't know where or who told me Northern ;)-Joy you would have loved it ;)I did :D
terry

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Terry - the event was always going to be 60's Soul.

One or two individuals posted and started referring to the meet as Northern Soul and got carried away with dress code requirement, how to dance etc etc.

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Soooo sorry we missed this event but impossible with the van in dock:( New o/s mirror arrived this morning and being fitted tomorrow so back on the road for Wednesday:) at least we don't have to load the van as everything except fridge stuff was in last Thurday. So we'll have a few days somewhere on our own:crying:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)

One or two individuals posted and started referring to the meet as Northern Soul and got carried away with dress code requirement, how to dance etc etc.

Hi Ken nobody told me that :)I just thought Northern and blanked it -soooo glad I stood in so to speak, plus I got to see some great friends and catch up (y)Also your knowledge on the subject was very interesting to say the least (y)
terry

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Not much we can add to what has already been said, was a great weekend the Mrs loves a dance and she certainly had a few on the Fiday. Sounds like we missed a great night Saturday but I seemed to have picked up a stinking cold and felt like crap. Still thanks to you both and the helpers for a memorable time. Will definitely be up for it next year if you go ahead

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Somebody last weekend asked me about the song 'Nine Times out of Ten'. Since I wasn't familiar with the song I had to look it up.

It was recorded by Muriel Day from Newtownards, County Down, who was the first singer from Northern Ireland to represent Ireland in the Eurovision Song Contest. She cut the song in 1969 and it was subsequently picked up by the Soulies as having the right four four tempo to be deemed 'northern soul'. Maybe they should have called it 'Northern Ireland Soul'

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Ken That would be Bev from RalphandBev I think it was that one she likes;)

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
No Terry it was somebody else. You can still book Muriel as she still sings on the Irish Showband Circuit. The strange world of northern soul.(y)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Ken I don't know if this will work but I have had this frwd to me in a email so spent all morning listening to all the songs I have forgotten
edit nope did not work -will try and figure out a link
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back