Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Arrived at Asilah in the rain.
This is the 6th time we have been to Asilah and only once has it NOT been raining!
Bumped into @voyagerstan while filling up with diesel on the motorway and they have just pulled into Asilah and parked next to us.

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Was nice to meet up with Paul and Sue, aka Costa Warriors this morning before they left(y)
Safe journey and happy travels,
Be Lucky
Marc, Sam n Max

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We are now in Kenitra , it is over flowing with French , it is packed like sardines , there are a few leaving tomorrow i heard heading for Moulay ,

long run from Le Relaise , the route was ok via Rommani but some of the roads were abysmal , The scenery wasnt worth the orrible roads and thats coming from me :devil:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We are now in Kenitra , it is over flowing with French , it is packed like sardines , there are a few leaving tomorrow i heard heading for Moulay ,

Only stopped at Kenitra once. It was packed with our Gallic friends then and we just didn't like the site at all - the staff were really offhand and disinterested.
We won't be going back.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Well we had a little rain last night and it didn't cause us any consternation. Today has been mostly hot sun with gathering clouds late afternoon. We had an earlier than usual beer o clock which resulted in the bacardi being consumed. We had a dinner with a difference made up of kefta burgers in a tagine sauce accompanied by fusili pasta swilled down by 2 bottles of red. Not a peep from nos amis next door, but then again didn't expect one.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Bags of room at Moulay, but get there early if you want a spot by the water

Plenty of room here now , the french started leaving before 7 am , they should be at M B anytime now ...:D

in all fairness this place is a lot tidier now , there is a restaraunt at the side of the pool , they have cleaned the place up , planted shrubs around the new mosiac path , also the road is closed off and fenced off round the other side of the pool , so no through traffic ,
Still only 42 d a night ,
We like the nightly souke ! and the pattiserie shops ... :coolest:
Going to look at the restaraunt at the equestrian center today ! Fancy a bit of grilled cheval , :devil:

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
My Garmin has taken a fit this morning on our way to Tanger Med port to catch the ferry back to Spain from Morocco.
Fortunately I know the way.
It was refusing to calculate any routes. It would find places and knew where we were but just wouldn't calculate a route form one to the other.:(
After trawling the net while parked waiting to board I tried every suggestion I could find but in the end decided to do a full hard reset. Which looks like it just have worked. We won't find out for sure until we get to Algecirasas the reset means I have lost all my user data including favourites and the Morocco maps:(
Still, if it works at least I have a satnav instead of a dashboard ornament!
BTW its peeing down here!

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Going through the customs and passport checks leaving Tangier Med is a doddle, even had some Moroccon tea with the security staff while one had a look at the motorhome. No scan though, just a quick glance and straight through. Good crossing and now in Portugal just over boarder at town recommended by Mike Makems.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Hi phill what time did you get to the port for which ferry leaving time , ?
We arrived at 10.00AM but took wrong entry point and had to come back to first roundabout, then wait 10 minutes for office man to appear but after that it went as smooth as silk. Tickets said 12.00 sailing and we left on time.
you need both yellow and white slips of paper BTW.

Costa Warrior

Free Member
Apr 15, 2012
Estepona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2012
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Was nice to meet up with Paul and Sue, aka Costa Warriors this morning before they left(y)
Safe journey and happy travels,
Be Lucky
Marc, Sam n Max
It was nice to see you all . We are at Atlantica Parc after a bone shaking journey on the N10 mainly between Taliouine and Taroudant. The road was washed away in many places and diversions were set up. The journey from Agdz to Agadir took over 7 hours . Atlantica is about 75 % full, mainly French. We've seen one Brit. Rained all night and is still raining.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Hi,

Reading the various threads regarding our friends in North Africa, I am very very worried.
Have they a problem with their basic maths, as running out of beer, wine and gin seems a problem. Or is the problem more basic, do you just consume more than you planned. Or.. Is the unexpected guests that you have to entertain ?? Or are you all worried about your weight allowances...and afraid to carry to much ( a theory I doubt).
I guess that ' keeping hydrated is the priority' and that you can never be 'to hydrated' !!!!!

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We went to a chicken roti place here , where a lot of well dressed locals were eating and we each had ...
1/4 chicken with chips n rice , served with a small dish of couscous and a dish of spicy harari , the meal also came with basket of 5 assorted bread buns served with a bottle of water and a litre bottle of coke a cola,
Total cost 58 dirhams :devil:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Alain Giletti the famous French Ice Skater from the 60's and his female companion Madame (Golden Delicious) one time Apple Farmer from Avignon preparing to depart Auberge les Roches, Merzouga
IMG_2016.JPG
in their Toyota Land Cruisers to travel on piste roads to Zagora.

Alain carries satellite comms telephone, GPS on screen mapping, and emergency/distress signalling equipment which will notify any military and emergency services within a given area. Their vehicles were equipped for every eventuality.

Alain is 76 and the lady is 74 - Vive la vie.

Jeremy ***ing Clarkson couldn't do what they're doing without his back up team of 40 odd vehicles.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Mass exodus of the French from Kenitra this morning , they must be queued from the port to Asillah by now ,.... :mask:

Rained through the night here , light rain at the moment , no wind at long last , mild but only 15c :frowny:
6 uk vans here now plus Billy n Kaz the only Irish Spaniard weve met ,

Costa Warrior

Free Member
Apr 15, 2012
Estepona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Just an observation regarding French motor homers . Why do all the ladies have short grey hair and the men droopy mustaches ? Or have I got it the wrong way round ? Ho hum.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Our crossing on Saturday was totally uneventful apart from Mrs SatNav having a dose of PMT.
Our Tickest said ferry at 11:00 but when we got to the port the ship was scheduled for 12:00.
All processes wee straightforward and simple, no queus and the ship departed at 12:30 which counts for on-time as far as this route is concerned.
There weren't any big queus or delays at the Spanish end either.
After driving to Los Barrios to fill up with LPG we overnighted at Lidl and stocked up on a few essentials.
Last night we stopped by the beach at Motril Playa with about half a dozen other vans, mostly Dutch. We drove through some fairly torrential rain to get there thou.
Tonight we are at Camperstop Totana and its raining again!
It has to stop soon or Noah's going to have build another bloody Ark.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Lashed down all night long at Villa Real last night and once again it's grey and wet today. The forecast is for much better weather in a couple of days, so were just going to wait it out and get some laundry and other chores done. At least I can get some English speaking tv for Mena and watch some live football in the meantime. I will also take the oppertunity to do some bird watching in the marshes here, famous for its birding.
Spoke with a chap yesterday who came over from Bennidorm. He said they have had a terrible year weather wise, going from 28 deg down to 10. Looks like we picked a good year to visit Moroc.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We are Midelt after staying last night at Auberge Jurassique. We encountered slight snow showers and wind en route this morning. As we left Midelt we pulled into a Shell garage to fuel up and a Moroccan advised us that the road ahead was closed due snow at Azrou. He said it should be open tomorrow inshallah. He advised us to go back to the municipal camp site in Midelt where there is a team of Germans who are also waiting for the road to re-open. Unbelievable the temperature range . We've gone from 35 degs to 6 degs.

Last edited:

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
After driving to Los Barrios to fill up with LPG we overnighted at Lidl and stocked up on a few essentials.
Last night we stopped by the beach at Motril Playa with about half a dozen other vans, mostly Dutch. We drove through some fairly torrential rain to get there thou.
It has to stop soon or Noah's going to have build another bloody Ark.

Hi Mike. Were you on the beach opposite the camp sites at Motril or further north and are there any coordinates?
We have just come from Nerja after doing the caves yesterday but it says 'no caravanas' where we are!
Many thanks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back