LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
I've bought the thetford toilet freshen up pack which includes cassett and the seat and lid.

How do I remove the old toilet seat/lid? There just seems to be white plastic bolt things but no thread or way I can see of loosening them.

It's a swivel loo not bench.

Thank you in anticipation of help.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
See below copied from the Thetford repair guide.
Thetford Seat.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I've bought the thetford toilet freshen up pack which includes cassett and the seat and lid.

How do I remove the old toilet seat/lid? There just seems to be white plastic bolt things but no thread or way I can see of loosening them.

It's a swivel loo not bench.

Thank you in anticipation of help.
Better method. Tonight, enjoy for dinner an exotic meal of broccoli, cabbage, sprouts, six fried eggs, a quart of 'Na Then' Old Lancashire Recipe Mushy Peas, followed by a fig and date pudding. In the morning, first thing, pop into the MH, clutching your preferred daily paper, your glasses, (if worn), and a 56lb coal weight, complete with rope. Sit as desired, tie the coal weight to your feet, read your paper, and within a very short space of time, your toilet seat will be removed. (y)(y)

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks for that, much easier than I thought, as above lever one side and yank. (y)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I will risk a sensible answer. I think it just pulls off but might need persuading with something between the lid assembly and the unit.

The posted instructions seem to be for getting the lid off the seat once it is off the base unit.

I remember changing ours and it was quite easy to pull off but tight to

OOPS sorry, I wrote this on my phone sat in COSTA coffee but must not have posted it, just gone when I got on the computer at home.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back