joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:Dave I'm having a drink or three right now even if you ain't Been on the edge of my seat since it happened and now need to relax

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
I totally agree with JJ, reckon he planned on paying all along, but had no other way of paying for it up front. So being the brash type they are, he thinks nothing of doing what he did, likewise Police will not even bother as they know his type and it would just be a total waste of resources.

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Really pleased it all turned out right in the end.

Perhaps you should buy a lottery ticket today as clearly the good luck angel is sitting on your shoulder right now and maybe she can give you one more lucky time.:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
That is absolute rubbish!!! You have every right to report it stolen, because the 'buyer' did not return from the so called 'test drive' he took to check the smoke! Any copper worth his salt would know you were conned. :mad: Always get the number of the officer you are dealing with, you may need it. Ask for a crime number. The police are EMPOWERED to take your complaint, before they clear off down to the takeaway, or go shopping, etc. It is their prerogative to charge you with wasting police time if all proves to be OK, but reading your post, I doubt if it is OK.

I full agree, have you got the name and or collar number of whoever told you that, go back and ask to speak to a senior office not less than Inspector level and always get the name of who you speak to.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I full agree, have you got the name and or collar number of whoever told you that, go back and ask to speak to a senior office not less than Inspector level and always get the name of who you speak to.

Read to the end Mick (y)

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
well done dave. we now hope it breaks down in Ireland . well done those funsters who spotted it.

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
Good news Dave hope to see you all in spain
Yours Dave

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
I suggest that he had to return in order to get full title and to pass it on to his buyer. If he hadn't I suspect he would have ended up in some bog in Ireland

calion

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
What an extraordinary series of events. Whoever would have thought it would end like that? Really chuffed that you got your money though!

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
so glad its worked out all ok in the end Dave )

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
One thing thats come out of all this Dave is, you know who your friends are,
just hope you have all our addresses for the christmas cards.
Eric

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
We were all rooting for ...........and it worked..... .....excellent news. So pleased for you. Well done that man (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Oct 5, 2014
peterborough
Funster No
MH
micro van
Exp
Having worked with some very unpleasant people in my timeit may work if you ask for the van back undamaged and he can have his deposit back and no further problems. He might just want it to end with no trouble. Not good from the point of view of justice, but at least you have the van back. Sorry to read about your problems. Nice people think everyone has their standards, but unfortunately this isn't true!

Reactions: DBK

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Having worked with some very unpleasant people in my timeit may work if you ask for the van back undamaged and he can have his deposit back and no further problems. He might just want it to end with no trouble. Not good from the point of view of justice, but at least you have the van back. Sorry to read about your problems. Nice people think everyone has their standards, but unfortunately this isn't true!

I think you need to read a bit more Joyce.

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Great news and on a good point for the new owner 1 less owner on the log book

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Thinking back to the title of your thread Lugnutt, it's been a horrid couple of weeks and I know it'll stay with you, but try to get back out there and as you start to enjoy your motorhoming again, you'll take control of what happened to you.
I really hope that all the support you've had from Funsters has gone some way to helping you get your enthusiasm back.
Happy Hug Day 2014.HD Wallpapers and Pics.smily hug.jpg

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
They have the cheek of the devil lol...so he had a buyer and needed to get it to them before he could pay you?. fantastic news must be such a relief!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just how bloody weird is that !!!
So glad you got the result mate.. That is now 100% success rate !!

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Crumbs. Keep us informed Dave.... and if he does bring cash, then at some point in the conversation drop in that you are straight off to the bank to put it in the safe box .. don't let him think there is mone in the house overnight.
I WOULD GET IT TO THE BANK SHARPISH IN ANY CASE OR GET OUT AND BUY A FORGED NOTE DETECT
-ION PEN,BEFORE,YES BEFORE HE ARRIVES WITH THE "CASH"COS A HANDFUL OF FORGED FIFTIES ARE NO GOOD TO ANYBODY,JUST A THOUGHT.GWYNTAXI.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
I'VE READ QUITE A FEW OF THE REPLIES ALL OFFERING GOOD ADVICE,WHILST I NEVER MET DAVE, I WOULD IMAGINE THE POOR SOD IS SICK TO HIS STOMACH,AND CAN'T EVEN COMPREHEND SOME OF THIS ADVICE,I REALLY FEEL FOR YOU MATE,I WOULDN'T LISTEN TO ANY MORE BULLSH*T FROM THIS SO-CALLED BUYER IT'S A SCAM END OF,SORRY TO BE BLUNT,I REALLY AM SYMPATHETIC FOR YOU,I HONESTLY THINK THIS IS ON A TRAVELLERS SITE NOT TO FAR AWAY FROM YOU. I'D HAVE A DRIVE AROUND TO TRY AND SPOT IT THEN GO STRAIGHT TO THE POLICE,AND MAKE THEM SORT IT, VIA ,A VERY SENIOR OFFICER WITH PROMISES OF INVOLVING LOCAL PRESS,LOCAL MP AND POLICE COMPL
-AINTS COMISSION THAT SHOULD GET THEIR FAT AR**S OFF THEIR SEATS,BUT STAY POSITIVE YOU MAY JUST GET A RESULT FROM THE ABOVE,REALLY FEEL FOR YOU LOSING YOUR PRIDE AND JOY,
GWYNTAXI.(y);)(y)

Mimi

Free Member
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Exp
Since 2016
That is heartbreaking, I hope it is recovered, some awful people out there. My best wishes to you that all will be o.k.

Mimi

Free Member
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Exp
Since 2016
Just been through the threads and seen the great news. Congratulations, glad all came good for you in the end.
What's your next purchase assuming you are replacing it?
Best wishes.

Apache

Free Member
Jun 22, 2014
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
5 Years
It's so easy to think you can trust people when you see them and make a quick character assessment , but as you have learned Lugnutt , it often isn't the case. I don't know you but my heart goes out to you and really hope you get a good outcome. Also how nice of Movan to make the offer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back