What have you fixed on your motorhome this week? (6 Viewers)

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Unable to find a 2nd hand skylight/roof dome for my 2007 Delfin, bit the bullet and found new one @ £3100 from Burstner, so crackin start to the year.....
Wow! That does seem a might excessive even for Burstner.😱

Did you search other similar skylight manufacturers for an alternative of the same size? 🤔

Dec 30, 2019
Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner t700
Exp
Early 2019
Wow! That does seem a might excessive even for Burstner.😱

Did you search other similar skylight manufacturers for an alternative of the same size? 🤔
Spent weeks searching, in the end had to get one from Burstner via a 3rd party, that price was a £1000 cheaper than South Down motorhomes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Some may recall my thread of last year detailing my unsuccessful search for a replacement hab door window pleated blind, the cord has snapped and the pleat folds are splitting (replaced under warranty for exact same reasons) TW wanted the ludicrous sum of £620 for a complete blind, utter madness. Searched without success for a suitable replacement and have been using a piece of cardboard in the interim, which dosent really look good on a so called upmarket van.😱.
Off on our travels soon so made up a blind using 3.5 mm plywood cut to suit opening and a coat of paint. It’s held in place with strips of magnetic self adhesive tape and has passed the Swimbo test (unlike the cardboard🤪) lightweight and easily stowed it will do till I can continue my quest for a proper blind in the warmer months once back in the U.K.
IMG_4771.jpeg
IMG_4773.jpeg
IMG_3048.jpeg
IMG_3049.jpeg

stuartholmes

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 18, 2022
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1989
connected the cab radio to the tv aerial and now got a radio that works....
Wow, that's a brilliant idea but before I try to replicate - are you talking about an FM radio or DAB, and is the TV aerial omnidirectional (mine isn't & I don't want to waste my time!!

Thanks!

Jun 11, 2021
Pinner, UK
Funster No
MH
Globecar 540
Exp
Since 2019
Wow, that's a brilliant idea but before I try to replicate - are you talking about an FM radio or DAB, and is the TV aerial omnidirectional (mine isn't & I don't want to waste my time!!

Thanks!
Put these on my rear doors yesterday
IMG_2055.jpeg

IMG_2054.jpeg

stuartholmes

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 18, 2022
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1989
Some may recall my thread of last year detailing my unsuccessful search for a replacement hab door window pleated blind, the cord has snapped and the pleat folds are splitting (replaced under warranty for exact same reasons) TW wanted the ludicrous sum of £620 for a complete blind, utter madness. Searched without success for a suitable replacement and have been using a piece of cardboard in the interim, which dosent really look good on a so called upmarket van.😱.
Off on our travels soon so made up a blind using 3.5 mm plywood cut to suit opening and a coat of paint. It’s held in place with strips of magnetic self adhesive tape and has passed the Swimbo test (unlike the cardboard🤪) lightweight and easily stowed it will do till I can continue my quest for a proper blind in the warmer months once back in the U.K.View attachment 863192View attachment 863193View attachment 863194View attachment 863195
Wouldn't bother with the slatty thing if I were you! 🙂

Sep 28, 2021
West Lothian, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner LyseoTD690G
Exp
Since 2019
Wouldn't call it a fix but been on the todo list for a while now. We got the motorhome Ceramic Coated and it's really came up amazing like a glass finish. Got a mobile guy who came highly recommended (central Scotland), does lots of caravans and motorhomes, took him more or less 7 hours to do the whole vehicle including roof with a 7 year protection.

It was on the road last weekend and the rain a surface water just ran off it, less than 5 mins to run a cloth over it and sparkling again.

IMG_0674.jpeg
IMG_0673.jpeg

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Ah , naughty words in profusion. Master cylinder replaced but it's now actually worse so checking local commercial garages to get clutch/slave cylinder replaced. Not going to be cheap!

But at least we got it home so the choice is now mine rather than some random unknown back street garage in Spain.
Update. Was recommended a commercial garage quite close to home so contacted them and they came straight away to collect the van - just as well as I couldn't drive it anymore. Net result is that it was indeed the slave cylinder but as the gearbox has to come out to change it I asked them to replace the clutch as well - apparently it's a complete kit. They had it for a week as there were a couple of additional problems that arose as they were doing the job then just before I collected it they gave it a thorough wash, nice touch! Wasn't really surprised when they told me there was life left in the clutch plate but they agreed it was better to replace it. In the end I paid them just short of £1300 but that included unforeseen items - one new ball joint, a set of locking wheel nuts (after a hooligan tyre fitter managed to damage the master key a couple of years ago and it finally gave up) and of course the recovery so I'm not too upset. A lot of labour of course, 8 1/2 hours at £70 ph but MUCH better than Fiat Professional. If anyone in the North East needs mechanical work then I'm more than happy to recommend Heathline Commercials on Bassington Industrial Estate, Cramlington. Very friendly and professional, they do everything from vans to HGVs and can also get MoT sorted too.

So that's all the jobs sorted (except an irritating very tiny drip from the water tank drain) so the MH is now sitting on the drive being prepped for a return to Spain later this week. Was an expensive trip but at 17 years old with 150k on the clock I suppose it was about time for something a bit more serious than brake pads!

Jun 11, 2021
Pinner, UK
Funster No
MH
Globecar 540
Exp
Since 2019
Hi. Got them from
Hi. Got them from
Hi - they are made by a Polish company - Vandermoon - see their website Vandermoon.com. However easier to get through a UK distributor LPG shop. They are quite expensive but are well made. Saw them originally on a you tube video by bus and beyond

Sep 17, 2020
Totton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Since Sept 2020.
New to us van. First real test of kit this weekend, daughter borrowed it.

12v battery not lasting as long as expected.
Charger RCD found to be tripped, could have been like that for a couple of weeks.
Reset the breaker, much sparking, tripped again. Tried again (probably shouldn't have) and it stayed in.
No obvious voltage change with charger on or off.
Battery out, on to the garage charger, starts charging at 14v, left overnight, still charging, so that's now suspect too.

Dealer happy to look at it for me, hopefully under warranty. First available date is in April. Deep Joy.

Garage charger temporarily installed in van to keep us going. Monitoring the battery so I can record the life draining out of it.

Oh, and fitted two coat hooks.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
New to us van. First real test of kit this weekend, daughter borrowed it.

12v battery not lasting as long as expected.
Charger RCD found to be tripped, could have been like that for a couple of weeks.
Reset the breaker, much sparking, tripped again. Tried again (probably shouldn't have) and it stayed in.
No obvious voltage change with charger on or off.
Battery out, on to the garage charger, starts charging at 14v, left overnight, still charging, so that's now suspect too.

Dealer happy to look at it for me, hopefully under warranty. First available date is in April. Deep Joy.

Garage charger temporarily installed in van to keep us going. Monitoring the battery so I can record the life draining out of it.

Oh, and fitted two coat hooks.
At least the coat hooks work :wink:

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Fixed my Fan-tastic roof fan. Thought it was the motor but probing around with the voltmeter it turned out to be a bad contact for the closure plunger switch. A bit of a clean and grease and all working again. Love free repairs 😀

Feb 21, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Cotswold
Off on our travels soon so made up a blind using 3.5 mm plywood cut to suit opening and a coat of paint. It’s held in place with strips of magnetic self adhesive tape and has passed the Swimbo test (unlike the cardboard🤪) lightweight and easily stowed it will do till I can continue my quest for a proper blind in the warmer months once back in the U.K.View attachment 863192View attachment 863193View attachment 863194View attachment 863195
That is a really neat job.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Unable to find a 2nd hand skylight/roof dome for my 2007 Delfin, bit the bullet and found new one @ £3100 from Burstner, so crackin start to the year.....
i assume that was the curved on at the front

Jun 11, 2021
Pinner, UK
Funster No
MH
Globecar 540
Exp
Since 2019
Hi. Got them from
Hi - they are made by a Polish company - Vandermoon - see their website Vandermoon.com. However easier to get through a UK distributor LPG shop. They are quite expensive but are well made. Saw them originally on a you tube video by bus and beyond

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
LPG shop, do they sell gas too? 🤔

Jul 20, 2023
Battle, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec XL Auto
Exp
Limited motorhome and campervan hire previously.
Converted my rear U lounge for a removable centre section to allow tall loads and long items through the barn doors. Having the van sitting there and having to pay for delivery that could arrive in an identical sized van did not sit well with me. Have vehicle, make sure it earns its living by being used whenever practical. The difficult bit was to avoid support pillars under the seat sections as this would significantly reduce the storage area flexibility. Now with the section removed I could walk straight in with a 2400 x 1220 sheet of ply or place our bikes inside if security is an issue while we are elsewhere.

Jun 21, 2020
Huntingdon ish.... the rundown backwater
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
Since the Solar fitting I did 2 weeks ago..... nothing else for me apart from a post winter deep clean and polish so It's ready for the season...although previously we've started before now but life has got in the way this year sadly... We are off to Belgium next Tuesday.... gas refilled and diesel to the brim.... just need to load kit & bikes as well as put fresh water in the tank....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back