LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Wow, this thread is really interesting thanks. I actually realise I met you in an aire in Belgium in May 2018! (near Grottes de Han).
I'm totally intrigued how you get on with such large vans, I was actually considering downsizing when our son no longer comes with us. Isn't it stressful finding places to stop?
Certainly been there so yes could well have been us in the Flair though, size really isn’t an issue out here, I just look on Campercontact and if they say not more than 7.5 meters I might not risk it but often they are OK anyway, one advantage we have is big tanks so we can go a week without filling water tank and the black and grey 10-14 days so we are OK on stellplatz with no services which might put some off, the only bit we have to be careful with is bridge height and where we are now there are a few at 3.5 and less.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
And for jongood

IMG_1802.jpeg

I did say the fair was in😏

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Wow, this thread is really interesting thanks. I actually realise I met you in an aire in Belgium in May 2018! (near Grottes de Han).
I'm totally intrigued how you get on with such large vans, I was actually considering downsizing when our son no longer comes with us. Isn't it stressful finding places to stop?
Touring Western Europe in a large MH, is very much different to touring here in the UK, with size not being an issue, and with MHs being welcome in most town/villages. Their attitude towards MHs, is so much the opposite of most UK local authorities............thankfully.

As with Martin & Jen, we use Camper Contact, Search For Sites, and Park 4 Night if really stuck.
We no longer use the former favoured Bordatlas, or Aires de Service books.

We also use a Truck Sat Nav, which keeps us away from unsuitable routes, according to our dimensions programmed in to the unit.

HTH,

Jock. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Touring Western Europe in a large MH, is very much different to touring here in the UK, with size not being an issue, and with MHs being welcome in most town/villages. Their attitude towards MHs, is so much the opposite of most UK local authorities............thankfully.

As with Martin & Jen, we use Camper Contact, Search For Sites, and Park 4 Night if really stuck.
We no longer use the former favoured Bordatlas, or Aires de Service books.

We also use a Truck Sat Nav, which keeps us away from unsuitable routes, according to our dimensions programmed in to the unit.

HTH,

Jock. :)
And obviously it depends on the driver, was on a site that was dead flat with no trees and a woman was outside instructing her husband back in a space that had no other vans next to it, we waited to get past on the way out while he went backwards and forwards at least 3 times trying to line up they had a small van..
Have seen a fair few people panic and reverse up thinking they cannot get past something, other vans then just drive through.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Looking at the Morelo brochure:
View attachment 759035
I'm getting sweaty hands just looking at this!
Could be anywhere but my guess is Corsica. Scroll forward to 4:00 in this video for our close encounter with a long MH - a Burstner I think. But they were getting around in it OK I think.

The video runs at twice normal speed. I don't drive that fast. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Could be anywhere but my guess is Corsica. Scroll forward to 4:00 in this video for our close encounter with a long MH - a Burstner I think. But they were getting around in it OK I think.

Did Corsica on a push bike :giggle: that was wide enough:LOL:

• Funny
Reactions: DBK
Jun 27, 2016
berkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011

I am NOT going there haha.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
So today we decided some exercise was required so a cycle ride along the river towards Wurzburg was in order, we had been told that Sommerhausen was lovely and they were not wrong,

IMG_1809.jpeg

If only I could have moved the car but hey ho,

IMG_1810.jpeg

IMG_1811.jpeg

Another walled town,

IMG_1812.jpeg

IMG_1813.jpeg

IMG_1814.jpeg

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
As we were heading out into a headwind we decided to go all the way to Wurzburg as we would cruise back with a tailwind,

IMG_1819.jpeg

IMG_1817.jpeg

IMG_1820.jpeg

IMG_1822.jpeg

Talk about busy, seems like the done thing is to buy a glass of wine and wander over the bridge which thankfully is now pedestrianised,

IMG_1824.jpeg

IMG_1825.jpeg

And anyone that cycles will know that promised tailwinds never seem to materialise and today was no different 😄

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
On the way home we spotted “Spirit of the Rhine” which must be lost as we are on the Maine🤔

IMG_1826.jpeg

We decided to race it home and won by about 3 hours but we didn’t have to do two locks,

IMG_1828.jpeg

It briefly pulled in opposite our Stellplatz but was too long to get it all in the photo 😄

25 miles down and in need of a rest now, the trouble with electric bikes is they cut out at about 16mph and we tend to pedal at about 18 so we don’t get much assistance.

I should add we must go back to Wurzburg as we missed most of it.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes Martin, a glass of wine at that bridge is the done thingView attachment 760208

The first pictures? We never saw any of that🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ I always seem to look in the wrong places😤
Looks like you’re having a great time👌🏼
We do wine and we cycle but never mix the two ;) who got the small glass:LOL:

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Just re read it Martin, it was Sommerhausen, it’s gone on the list👍
Some lovely little towns all along this stretch, I wouldn't care but we are really only killing time to see if they come up with a Loft Liner on Eurocargo for me to have a go in early next week, it has been a revelation though :giggle:

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Some lovely little towns all along this stretch, I wouldn't care but we are really only killing time to see if they come up with a Loft Liner on Eurocargo for me to have a go in early next week, it has been a revelation though :giggle:
Does the hand me down still work with the new one🤷‍♂️😁😁😁

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Once again great pictures we’ve been going since 1973 to Germany and I still enjoy every minute have a great time sue and Brian .
Likewise but up to 2018 it was on the Harleys en route to Austria, this year I’m trying France and dreading it tbh, I still think after a few days I’ll bin it off and end up in Germany👍👍

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Likewise but up to 2018 it was on the Harleys en route to Austria, this year I’m trying France and dreading it tbh, I still think after a few days I’ll bin it off and end up in Germany👍👍
So you have already made up your mind you are going to hate France, so you will..
Stupid boy, approach with an open mind and enjoy.
It's Motorhome heaven and the food is far better than the dreadful stuff the Germans dish up but the beer is flipping expensive (cheap in supermarkets). :giggle:

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
So you have already made up your mind you are going to hate France, so you will..
Stupid boy, approach with an open mind and enjoy.
It's Motorhome heaven and the food is far better than the dreadful stuff the Germans dish up but the beer is flipping expensive (cheap in supermarkets). :giggle:
I’ve always disliked France, that said we had a wonderful time may 2018 around Amiens doing the WW1 stuff. And tbh we’ve had a great time around Normandy doing the WW2 stuff but that was on the bikes. I’m just a bit wary of doing it in Moho!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I’ve always disliked France, that said we had a wonderful time may 2018 around Amiens doing the WW1 stuff. And tbh we’ve had a great time around Normandy doing the WW2 stuff but that was on the bikes. I’m just a bit wary of doing it in Moho!
It's so easy in Motorhome easier than Germany and that is pretty good, also the weather is generally better. Far less traffic makes it far much more relaxing & a lot more places to stop.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
It's so easy in Motorhome easier than Germany and that is pretty good, also the weather is generally better. Far less traffic makes it far much more relaxing & a lot more places to stop.
I genuinely hope I’m converted Lenny. I am however looking forward to the French alps, never done it before. I just need to confirm whether the D900/902 is doable in the van🤔🤔

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
Alcace is very nice but I suppose it’s has been Germany We never went on our Harley for fear of it breaking down but we did many trips on our Ducati, motoguzzi gold wing and many GS k100 variations 49 bikes in total still miss them we loved our Electraglide but it was a disaster Harley themselves were wonderful but our dealer was crap so we give up sad isn’t it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back