LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Loved the interior in the liner but €200k plus for a credo??
Any idea which gearbox do you get if you dont tick for the ZF? Is a manual still available?
Yes you get one of those old fashioned ones with a stick.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Cycle ride this morning 👍

IMG_1669.jpeg

IMG_0418.jpeg

Lunch stop, looking around at the beers on the tables I am not sure how we are all going to get back😄

IMG_1670.jpeg

Concorde factory in the distance.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Straight off the cycle ride and into a factory tour in English, then a busy evening so only getting around to boring you with the details this morning,

IMG_0714 (1).jpeg
IMG_0715.jpeg

These first two images are the "festzelt" or party area from last year, its is now the furniture production hall where we started tour,

IMG_1672.jpeg

IMG_1674.jpeg

IMG_1675.jpeg

IMG_1676.jpeg

Furniture modules are assembled ready to go to the production line.

IMG_1683.jpeg

So now we are in at the start of production and assembly, this area itself is an extension to the production line where they have added more assembly stations, what's more where we are parked they have started erecting a new building and in April 2024 this will open as the production hall for truck based vehicles over 12t, this will ease production bottlenecks and allow a significant increase inproduction to approaching 1000 units per year.

IMG_1684.jpeg

Mercedes Actros truck chassis ready to begin its journey,

IMG_1686.jpeg

IMG_1685.jpeg

Floor assemblies constructed and tanks and plumbing fitted, the floor is then bonded to the chassis,

IMG_1687.jpeg

IMG_1689.jpeg

With the floror on the chassis they can crack on fitting all the likes of Alde heating boiler and pipework and all the wiring, and trust me there is a lot of wiring ;)

IMG_1688.jpeg

Breakfast time so taking a break:LOL: i"ll be back.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Any news on the smaller morelos ie wooshbangs.
They used to make a smaller Fiat based home early days but sooned dropped it. By snaller I mean lower, think they were all tags. See a few early Concorde whooshbangs around

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Any news on the smaller morelos ie wooshbangs.
In a word NO, somebody did say that next year there will be no big changes with the new production coming "on stream" and then 2025 may be the year for some developments but no clue which direction that will be, I am not sure they would want to add more model lines at this location as they are currently quoting over two years wait for Empire and Grand Empire and just under a year for Palace Loft etc.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
A few more and then I am going outside for some fresh air and get sorted as we have to move from the factory today,

IMG_1696.jpeg

IMG_1698.jpeg

As we move through production there are a variety of different vehicles being assembled so these images are not all the same type of vehicle or even the same chassis, I am just trying to show the stages in order they happen.

IMG_1694.jpeg

IMG_1693.jpeg

A few batteries and a bit of wiring and then the floor goes in, the pre assembled furniture modules can can go in and then the walls, can go on,

IMG_1700.jpeg

The floor, yes this is assembled along with the Alde heating pipes and then pressed with the top and bottom layers, each one is different of course and the layout dictates the run of the pipes.

IMG_1701.jpeg

Walls ready, complete with windows,hatches and even the graphics,

IMG_1699.jpeg

Walls on,

Last edited:
OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
That white bike is an interesting machine Martin
Strange isn't it ;) there were actually two on the ride, I say "ride" but it turned out to be more of a pub stop than a ride but MORELO were buying the drinks so that was OK I suppose, I would say at least 50% was actually off road but the Pino handled it well(y)

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
Thankyou for all your pictures can we have some on the journey👍

Dec 3, 2021
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Morelo Palace 90M
Exp
Since 2020
Looks like a great weekend. As a newbie to the world of Morelo I really wanted to go, but couldn‘t make it this year. Have already pencilled it in the diary for 2024 though.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
E- tandem semi recumbent / hybrid. Won’t be too small when packed down 😗
it was a bit of a tongue in cheek remark :giggle: we ve got a very similar one.the front boom telescopes in and the handlebars fold down and in so it actually takes similar room to an mtb.. we get ours in the garage alongside 300cc scooter.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
it was a bit of a tongue in cheek remark :giggle: we ve got a very similar one.the front boom telescopes in and the handlebars fold down and in so it actually takes similar room to an mtb.. we get ours in the garage alongside 300cc scooter.
What is the idea of such bikes they do seem a bit of an overly complicated bit of engineering for a push bike ?

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Two years is a long time to wait for an Empire or Grand Empire. By the time it’s collected, the Actros would have had additional developments to it.
That said, it just goes to show that there’s money about if their order books are like this and good on them.
It would have been interesting to be a fly on the wall in the boardroom at Concorde when the decision was made to build the Morelo factory so close as a direct rival.
Nearest this country gets to that is another hairdresser or estate agent opening in the same village.
Would we be able to use campsites over here if we had an 11m Motorhome? I struggle with my sub 9m on the club sites. (I’m getting ahead of myself with stressing about this, I know.)
Your photos and itinerary look superb though and I know which model I’d buy now when my lotto numbers come home so thank you for sharing them with us all.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
What is the idea of such bikes they do seem a bit of an overly complicated bit of engineering for a push bike ?
For us its because my wife is a liability on a bike. I sit on the back with all the controls, Sue sits in a comfy seat on the front, can pedal or not and has both hands free so can even take photos

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Looks like a great weekend. As a newbie to the world of Morelo I really wanted to go, but couldn‘t make it this year. Have already pencilled it in the diary for 2024 though.
Next year around 9th May as it always ascension weekend.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Two years is a long time to wait for an Empire or Grand Empire. By the time it’s collected, the Actros would have had additional developments to it.
That said, it just goes to show that there’s money about if their order books are like this and good on them.
It would have been interesting to be a fly on the wall in the boardroom at Concorde when the decision was made to build the Morelo factory so close as a direct rival.
Nearest this country gets to that is another hairdresser or estate agent opening in the same village.
Would we be able to use campsites over here if we had an 11m Motorhome? I struggle with my sub 9m on the club sites. (I’m getting ahead of myself with stressing about this, I know.)
Your photos and itinerary look superb though and I know which model I’d buy now when my lotto numbers come home so thank you for sharing them with us all.
If you are on the waiting list you get the latest spec chassis and build. Would you be able to use it in the UK? Yes but you would end up with a list of sites you could use and it would be limited, would we buy one? NO.

Last edited:
OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Jen finds it more comfortable on the front than out normal tandem and of course the electric comes in handy as we are not getting any younger 👍 complicated ish? Yes but a lot of standard parts so hopefully not built in obsolescence.

I will also add Steve, if Denise was sat behind you not only would she not see anything but she would have very little air to breathe.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2020
London
Funster No
MH
Morelo Palace Liner
Exp
Since 1980
Martin . Absolutely brilliant collection of pictures and commentary . I’m sat here in Mexico (hench unable to be with you and I can honestly say I wish I was) Like you factory tours do it for me, we ,ve got Jon good out off his Fiat, now he is clearly an MAN fan, next task to get onto Automtatic
Keep it all coming see you soon
Andy

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Martin . Absolutely brilliant collection of pictures and commentary . I’m sat here in Mexico (hench unable to be with you and I can honestly say I wish I was) Like you factory tours do it for me, we ,ve got Jon good out off his Fiat, now he is clearly an MAN fan, next task to get onto Automtatic
Keep it all coming see you soon
Andy
I wouldnt hold your breath on that one Andy, I'm currently having hassle with my Merc car automatic AGAIN !!:crying1:

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Right this is the last batch,

IMG_1704.jpeg

Scooters up and down the factory line,

IMG_1708.jpeg

I did promise/threaten, 13x130watts on the solar

IMG_1710.jpeg

5x340ah lithium,

IMG_1711.jpeg

Full size washing machine waiting to go in, hope its reliable as it looks like it went in before the roof went on,

And finally,

IMG_1714.jpeg

IMG_1715.jpeg

The the the that's all folks (y) till next year anyway :LOL: ,

Now sat on the stellplatz at Dettelbach taking a bit out of the batteries with the air con so the solar can stretch it's legs tomorrow.

IMG_1721.jpeg

IMG_1722.jpeg

A room with a view:giggle:

Thanks for reading and hope you have enjoyed joining us on this trip.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back