LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Alcace is very nice but I suppose it’s has been Germany We never went on our Harley for fear of it breaking down but we did many trips on our Ducati, motoguzzi gold wing and many GS k100 variations 49 bikes in total still miss them we loved our Electraglide but it was a disaster Harley themselves were wonderful but our dealer was crap so we give up sad isn’t it.
Yes I’m using the Alsace as a transition to get used to France! Although I admit to a a few campsites to begin with (we have to get scooters out of garage to explore the lots of tiny towns round obernai and turckheim. when we come out of Switzerland the second week will be nothing but FREE aires. I guess if I was retired I could potter around the little towns with aires but that would take weeks!

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
What is the major change in the Loft liner Compared to the palace?is it engine and chassis .
Between the Loft and Loft liner is simply the chassis, Daily for the Loft and Eurocargo for the Loft liner, 4 cylinder Eurocargo is under 7500kg and 6 cylinder is over. Between either versions of the Loft and Palace there are some subtle differences, for example the Palace has a button to open the garage door and the loft has handles😃 there are others as well😏 OK a couple more, Palace is taller, taller storage under the floor, heated floor as standard etc etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Before we get back to walled towns a couple of oldies,

IMG_1835.jpeg

IMG_1834.jpeg

Mercedes 814 but it says that on the side, it also says bodywork by Hartmann.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
It's Sunday so only 10 miles on the bike today before lunch and a beer,

IMG_1837.jpeg

Horse sculptures from scrap can you see it's "big end" ?

IMG_1838.jpeg

This might help if you are a mechanic ;) if not you might as well stop looking now :LOL:

IMG_1849.jpeg

And yet another beautiful old walled town.

IMG_1841.jpeg

IMG_1843.jpeg

IMG_1844.jpeg

Car getting in the way again;)

IMG_1845.jpeg

IMG_1848.jpeg

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Last edited:

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
It's Sunday so only 10 miles on the bike today before lunch and a beer,

View attachment 760676

Horse sculptures from scrap can you see it's "big end" ?

View attachment 760677

This might help if you are a mechanic ;) if not you might as well stop looking now :LOL:

View attachment 760681

And yet another beautiful old walled town.

View attachment 760680
View attachment 760682
View attachment 760683
Car getting in the way again;)

View attachment 760684

View attachment 760685
And the walled town is……………?
Looks lovely 👍👍

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Today we had the parade over the old bridge and then through the town to the St Wolfgang chapel for the blessing,

IMG_1855.jpeg

I think the police car might miss out this year should be OK next as it is the turn of cars and motorbikes :unsure:

IMG_1898.jpeg

IMG_1862.jpeg

Of course there is a band,

IMG_1870.jpeg

IMG_1872.jpeg

Horses and Carts,

IMG_1874.jpeg

Of all sizes,

IMG_1876.jpeg

And riders of all sizes,

IMG_1879.jpeg

IMG_1886.jpeg

IMG_1892.jpeg

Nov 7, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
No longer a Newbie
Likewise but up to 2018 it was on the Harleys en route to Austria, this year I’m trying France and dreading it tbh, I still think after a few days I’ll bin it off and end up in Germany👍👍
You could always follow us on down to Lake Constance and do the Alpen Strasse. 😉😉

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
Have you been to bad konigshofen next to the swimming baths and wellness centre a lovely town good restaurants especially the Mediterranean restaurant the owner will cook you whatever you desire exellent we’ve been stopping there since the 1990s it’s only down the road👍106 places on the stellplatz 12euros a night.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
This is the last Motorhome review as we are heading towards home, N+ B showroom at Polch,

IMG_1908.jpeg

IMG_1906.jpeg

This is the latest Flair,

IMG_1904.jpeg

Some very modern and brave design features, that’s another way of saying “not for us thanks”

IMG_1902.jpeg

IMG_1903.jpeg

This is the bathroom in the iSmove
(small A class), it features a moving wall with the wash basin attached to it so you slide it over for a full sized shower.

IMG_1911.jpeg

And finally for anybody who has been to Polch previously in November for the factory open, not sure where you will park next time as they are filling the field with solar panels.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
sorry we will miss you we don’t leave until Sunday ,did you drive the morelo liner? What did you think? And how do you rate the latest Flair ? Thanks for all the pictures it was just like being there,se you around.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
sorry we will miss you we don’t leave until Sunday ,did you drive the morelo liner? What did you think? And how do you rate the latest Flair ? Thanks for all the pictures it was just like being there,se you around.
No didn’t manage a drive, they had a van off the line but away at IVECO for final set up and we couldn’t hang around, nothing spoiling so maybe another time.

Motorhomes are a very personal thing and one man’s meat is another man’s poison and all that, we loved our 2006 Flair but the later stuff just doesn’t appeal to us.

I would imagine you would come to the same conclusion 🤔

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
No didn’t manage a drive, they had a van off the line but away at IVECO for final set up and we couldn’t hang around, nothing spoiling so maybe another time.

Motorhomes are a very personal thing and one man’s meat is another man’s poison and all that, we loved our 2006 Flair but the later stuff just doesn’t appeal to us.

I would imagine you would come to the same conclusion 🤔
IMHO N&B are relying on their reputation and have totally misread the market- time will tell.

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
I agree totally I think they have young designers who think this is what we want and they keep getting it wrong ,when I was in the workshop I met the man who had built mine he was telling an apprentice that all they cared about was getting it right he was so proud of what they had a done . If I had the money to buy another motorhome I would buy a clou liner but I would keep the Flair I could never sell it it’s part of me .
IMG_0121.jpeg

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
This is the last Motorhome review as we are heading towards home, N+ B showroom at Polch,

View attachment 762012
View attachment 762014
This is the latest Flair,

View attachment 762029

Some very modern and brave design features, that’s another way of saying “not for us thanks”

View attachment 762017

View attachment 762021
This is the bathroom in the iSmove
(small A class), it features a moving wall with the wash basin attached to it so you slide it over for a full sized shower.

View attachment 762018
And finally for anybody who has been to Polch previously in November for the factory open, not sure where you will park next time as they are filling the field with solar panels.
Looks like an IKEA display!!
When I was looking I tried doing a deal on a new Flair but the dealer was not playing ball on the discount so I walked, that was 3 years ago when the in my mind they were one of the best looking vans….

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Are old flairs that good? They still have dated appliances? What year did they start going downhill, bearing in mind they did start using that agile box, to which everyone seems more fearful than the Fiat comfortmatic. There doesn’t seem many flair manuals🤷🏼‍♂️

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
we loved our 2006 Flair
Funnily enough, we do too Martin......................as do most folks who view her. She's still turns heads. ;)

but the later stuff just doesn’t appeal to us.
Nor us. :(

Are old flairs that good?
We thinks so Ade. I thought our old Hymer was quality, but the Flair is way ahead of that, and built to last years. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Funnily enough, we do too Martin......................as do most folks who view her. She's still turns heads. ;)

Nor us. :(

We thinks so Ade. I thought our old Hymer was quality, but the Flair is way ahead of that, and built to last years. (y)

Cheers,

Am I right in thinking yours is manual and doesn’t have the agile box, as I think it came later didnt it, btw Jock it still looks a bloody good truck👍

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Am I right in thinking yours is manual and doesn’t have the agile box, as I think it came later didnt it, btw Jock it still looks a bloody good truck👍
Old school quality engineering 3 litre manual chain driven, same as our 2005 Concorde.

It took me 4 years to source the 3 litre Iveco in a compact 6.5 metre van, all the way to Hamburg to get it.

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
You are spot on Ade, and thanks. :) I shudder to think we might have ended up with one of these robotic change gearboxes, especially when I read the horror stories of failed components due to incorrect servicing, and the lack of regular fluid changes.

Whilst I have driven many fully auto boxes, I still prefer a manual. I find it keeps me more focused and attentive on my driving.

Cheers,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back