LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well it's that time of the years again and anybody that knows me knows I like a factory visit, so we are heading for Morelo in Schlusselfeld, had a quick visit to Windsor on the way and stopped on a "pop up" site on Windsor racecourse run by Buckinghamshire section of C&MH club and they could not have been nicer and more welcoming.

IMG_1568.jpeg

IMG_1575.jpeg

Windsor castle was impressive, very impressive;)

IMG_1577.jpeg

Love the detail in the yarn bombing (y)

Will be at the tunnel in 30 minutes.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I dont think a Factory visit of Elddis oop north has quite the same ring to it does it🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Anyhow you have a great trip, and don’t forget…………..😉

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I dont think a Factory visit of Elddis oop north has quite the same ring to it does it🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Anyhow you have a great trip, and don’t forget…………..😉
:LOL: we went around the Elddis factory a lot of years ago when we were buying a caravan,there are a couple of Concorde travelling with us so I was thinking of possibly nicking one of theirs overnight, what do you think? not sure I would get away with up but I could tell them WESTY66 made me do it and I am sure they would understand.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
:LOL: we went around the Elddis factory a lot of years ago when we were buying a caravan,there are a couple of Concorde travelling with us so I was thinking of possibly nicking one of theirs overnight, what do you think? not sure I would get away with up but I could tell them WESTY66 made me do it and I am sure they would understand.
Yes, do it, if they resist, send them to me, my need is greater than theirs 😉😁😁

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Thinking about it Martin funflair it might be easier getting their V5 and frogmarching them into the managers office with “my demands” 🤣🤣🤣🤷‍♂️
Verstahen Sie??😉😉

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We always see you coming from the factory ,how long are you staying this year ,till June?might see you o the Mosel?👍
Just 3 weeks over the pond😏 might hit the Mosel but not sure yet.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Update time as we are waiting to head 30 miles to the factory site,

IMG_0401.jpeg

IMG_0402.jpeg

Our first night stop at Thieu, not the best of weather this year yet but still a nice place and quite a few boats in this time,

IMG_1584.jpeg

IMG_0403.jpeg

After a nice trip through the Eiffel mountains past Spa circuit we then hit a road closure :LOL: and the only options seemed to be country roads (very very country in place) we passed through some lovely villages though and eventually arrived at our destination stellplatz at Stromberg which is a great stopover just off the 61 motorway before Mainz and Frankfurt airport.

IMG_1585.jpeg

We have been on the Stellplatz at Dettelbach for a couple of nights to group up and meet nicholsong Geoff and Basia, we got the tandem out yesterday for a little ride around, cycle path to Mainstockheim to check out the van's on the Stellplatz and then across on the ferry and up to Kitzingen to check out another Stellplatz before returning home, as you can tell from the rain coat the weather is still not the best but it stayed dry, and cycle path are so much more relaxing than the road.

Got to go finish cleaning the van now before the off at 10am(y)

To be continued………

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

View attachment 753775

View attachment 753776

Our first night stop at Thieu, not the best of weather this year yet but still a nice place and quite a few boats in this time,

View attachment 753779

View attachment 753777

After a nice trip through the Eiffel mountains past Spa circuit we then hit a road closure :LOL: and the only options seemed to be country roads (very very country in place) we passed through some lovely villages though and eventually arrived at our destination stellplatz at Stromberg which is a great stopover just off the 61 motorway before Mainz and Frankfurt airport.

View attachment 753778

We have been on the Stellplatz at Dettelbach for a couple of nights to group up and meet nicholsong Geoff and Basia, we got the tandem out yesterday for a little ride around, cycle path to Mainstockheim to check out the van's on the Stellplatz and then across on the ferry and up to Kitzingen to check out another Stellplatz before returning home, as you can tell from the rain coat the weather is still not the best but it stayed dry, and cycle path are so much more relaxing than the road.

To be continued………
Nice to see Thieu still permitted Martin. Hope you all have a great time

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Nice to see Thieu still permitted Martin. Hope you all have a great time
We talked with one of the boater there and they were saying that the mayor wanted to close it but hasn't happened yet, it baffles me why they don't just make it a few Euro a night and put some money in the kitty, the shame is that there is not really anything local to go spend money on so there is not a lot of gain for the town and I do feel guilty abusing their hospitality.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013

View attachment 753775

View attachment 753776

View attachment 753779

View attachment 753777

View attachment 753778

To be continued………

Is it really 12 months 😳

IMG_3653.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We are here and had a quick shuftie around the showroom,

IMG_1589.jpeg

IMG_1590.jpeg

1800kg and 460bhp Mercedes Actros with a car garage, induction hob in the kitchen and electric cooker and grill.

IMG_1591.jpeg

This is what 1360 ah of lithium looks like to run it all but it has a built in generator as well, your for just over €800k

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Wow 1360AH and a generator too, doesn’t time move on, I’m still in the “ Fit one or 2 solar and an extra battery and you’ll never be without”
I need to get into 2023😄

Lovely van though it looks, pure quality.

Don't worry Paul we are parked just in front of Martin funflair at Morelo and have 180AH and 80W solar - and full batteries.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Wow 1360AH and a generator too, doesn’t time move on, I’m still in the “ Fit one or 2 solar and an extra battery and you’ll never be without”
I need to get into 2023😄

Lovely van though it looks, pure quality.
Oven with grill, compressor fridge and seperate freezer, induction hob, dishwasher +++ could be a bit of a beast to use on club sites and roads in Teesdale :unsure: I said I would like to buy one just to turn up and see their faces:LOL:

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Don’t they do a better layout for 800k?
The sole seat looks a bit of an after thought.
I don’t think I’ll bother ordering one now.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Don’t they do a better layout for 800k?
The sole seat looks a bit of an after thought.
I don’t think I’ll bother ordering one now.
Yes you can have anything you want really, this layout as shown works well but you can have two sofas and a table if you like (y)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
A couple more pictures just so you get an idea of what it is like, you still don't really appreciate it though as you need the noise of all the little groups having their own parties late into the night (not too late hopefully);)

IMG_1592.jpeg

IMG_1595.jpeg

IMG_1593.jpeg

This might be OK in the back of a van, it's electric but not sure about weight or range?

Tomorrow 11:15 we are doing the helicopter flight, hopefully I will be posting again in the afternoon:LOL: if not I have PM'd WESTY66 our door code and told him where the keys are ;):LOL:🤞

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
A couple more pictures just so you get an idea of what it is like, you still don't really appreciate it though as you need the noise of all the little groups having their own parties late into the night (not too late hopefully);)

View attachment 754136

View attachment 754137

View attachment 754142

This might be OK in the back of a van, it's electric but not sure about weight or range?

Tomorrow 11:15 we are doing the helicopter flight, hopefully I will be posting again in the afternoon:LOL: if not I have PM'd WESTY66 our door code and told him where the keys are ;):LOL:🤞
That’s very kind of you Martin, but I’m 100% certain you will be fine, if the 💩 does hit the fan, now this is on a public platform I guess I’ll be expecting a visit from interpol😁
Enjoy the copter ride tomorrow😉👍👍

Ps I’ll take good care of it😉👍

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

View attachment 754136

View attachment 754137

View attachment 754142

I love Isetta's but that car is so obviously plastic it looks like a wheelie bin with windows. Does it look any better with the door closed? :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back