How many Euros per day for France (3 Viewers)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Had this last night
View attachment 163620
I've got some different ones but they were €1.99 so expecting not as good but last year had a few over €8.00 and the cheap ones taste better. Perhaps it's me being a tight wad (or maybe a sommelier) .

A lot of the time it depends on the grape or the style of wine. Less so in France but if you're drinking something like Rioja then a £5 bottle will be perfectly good and spending £15 on one won't usually give you a better wine.

The other thing to look for in France, especially in the wine producing regions, are the wines produced for the locals. They will be the same wine as the big name but in a different bottle and called something else. If you can find those then you're sorted. Instead of €30 for for a famous name you can get the same stuff for €5 or sometimes less. That's why I try and look at what the locals are drinking.

Deleted User
€11 is about £9.40 so £4.70 a pint. Not at all unusual in many parts of the UK

Central Manchester norm is £5 a pint, even more in the trendy bars, in Rochdale a pint of Sam Smiths excellent mild beer can be had for around £1.50 a pint and bitter less than £2 and there are even a few nice Sam Smiths pubs in Rochdale.

Still don't drink beer in French bars, got used to Portuguese prices 33cl bottle Super Bock or Sagres for €1.:)

Far less for a bottle of wine @ €2.00 for 75 cl.

That's why on the rare occasions that I frequent French bars I drink wine:)

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
A lot of the time it depends on the grape or the style of wine. Less so in France but if you're drinking something like Rioja then a £5 bottle will be perfectly good and spending £15 on one won't usually give you a better wine.

The other thing to look for in France, especially in the wine producing regions, are the wines produced for the locals. They will be the same wine as the big name but in a different bottle and called something else. If you can find those then you're sorted. Instead of €30 for for a famous name you can get the same stuff for €5 or sometimes less. That's why I try and look at what the locals are drinking.
Well tonight should go well. We're in Orschwihr in Alsace and there must be 20+ caves.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Central Manchester norm is £5 a pint, even more in the trendy bars, in Rochdale a pint of Sam Smiths excellent mild beer can be had for around £1.50 a pint and bitter less than £2 and there are even a few nice Sam Smiths pubs in Rochdale.
Ah yes well that's Rochdale! Overpriced

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

There's a Sam Smiths pub in Chester. I think it's The Falcon.

That's pretty cheap by Chester standards.

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
IMG_0923.JPG
Now if I had factored in the copious quantities of Vieux Papes we brought home from France I could have got our daily rate down.
Seriously this is one of the nicest reds I know and these 5l boxes are around 10€ from most supermarkets.

macscrooge

Free Member
Oct 16, 2016
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2015
We're just back from 9 days in France and Belgium. Aside from the ferry we spent about €600. This includes c€120 on diesel. Aires cost an average of €6 (ranging from free to €15). We did about 850 miles in all.

Oh, and then there was another €170 in Carrefour for wine, beer and cheese!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
We're just back from 9 days in France and Belgium. Aside from the ferry we spent about €600. This includes c€120 on diesel. Aires cost an average of €6 (ranging from free to €15). We did about 850 miles in all.

Oh, and then there was another €170 in Carrefour for wine, beer and cheese!
How extravagant you are.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back