Good price - Pre-loaded Three sims with unlimited calls, texts & data (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Sorry to contradict you Mel ;) but I'm not long back from Germany with one of those Vodafone sims from Ezikiel, and it turned off at bang on 25Gb.
I've only had it a few months, so not pre August 2021.

Cheers,

Jock. :)
I was talking about non-Ebay contract sims.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Sorry to contradict you Mel ;) but I'm not long back from Germany with one of those Vodafone sims from Ezikiel, and it turned off at bang on 25Gb.
I've only had it a few months, so not pre August 2021.

Cheers,

I was talking about non-Ebay contract sims.

But you didn't say that in your post Mel, and I'm neither a mind reader or a clairvoyant. ;)

Cheers

Jock. ;)

Errrr ... I did say 'contract' ...
You only get that now if you have an old contract (pre 11/8/21) or have one of the expensive ones with 4 extras. The normal contracts don't including it now, just as Three don't.

... I'll let you off and just call you Half-Mystic Meg. :LOL:

Aug 17, 2022
Middlesbrough, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Supersonic 890
Exp
I assume you mean 12gb limit, most do that now and some have for a long time even pre-B*.

What deal have you got with Vodafone that gives you more than this?
Just unlimited, you buy a roaming pass for £15 for 2 weeks and then remains unlimited whilst abroad

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Just unlimited, you buy a roaming pass for £15 for 2 weeks and then remains unlimited whilst abroad
So it's NOT part of an inclusive contract which is what I thought you meant as you have to buy a roaming pass on top of your contract cost.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 17, 2022
Middlesbrough, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Supersonic 890
Exp
So it's NOT part of an inclusive contract which is what I thought you meant as you have to buy a roaming pass on top of your contract cost.
Yes but Three is 12 quid per day roaming and Vodafone is 15 quid for 15 days. They all charge now but Three is a rip off. Also Three coverage is rubbish in Europe.. I know from bitter experience

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
As a "Heads Up" I went for the refund, and sent the required details to Ezikiel by way of Ebay message on 21/11/22.

He did not reply as usual, so I sent another message last night, with the previous one copied and pasted. He responded early this morning confirming receipt, and that it could take up to 10 - 15 working days to receive the refund/s

It always pees me off when vendors receive payments immediately, but yet take weeks to refund folks. :mad:

Cheers,

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
Jock, same here although I'm still waiting for an answer to the second eBay message sent. If no luck will start a PayPal claim.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
As a "Heads Up" I went for the refund, and sent the required details to Ezikiel by way of Ebay message on 21/11/22.

He did not reply as usual, so I sent another message last night, with the previous one copied and pasted. He responded early this morning confirming receipt, and that it could take up to 10 - 15 working days to receive the refund/s

It always pees me off when vendors receive payments immediately, but yet take weeks to refund folks. :mad:

Cheers,

Same here Jock

I went through ebay to return the 4 i bought last week and got the same email

The first one I purchased in May i got the same one again, I paid via paypal for the purchases so hopefully i’m covered

It’s a bloody shame tbh as they were brilliant

Do you or anyone know of any other deals worth looking at, I need 2 sims for our iphones and a data sim for the van

Al 👍

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Do you or anyone know of any other deals worth looking at, I need 2 sims for our iphones and a data sim for the van
What do you actually need for phones and data?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I don't Al, but I'd be happy to know myself, as I need one for the MiFi in the MH.
For my home router I got a 200Gb Vodaphone sim from Mobiles.co.uk, at £8pcm after cashback. It works a treat for us, allowing monitoring of security appliances via Apps, and streaming Netflix/Prime media, but it won't be used abroad.

I'd be interested in anything you find for the MiFi use abroad please Mel. :)

Cheers,

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
Just browsing on Ebay for sim offers and came across a couple which might interest funsters, I clarified the requirements for using them so can confirm the below is correct:
  • They give unlimited calls, texts & data in the UK and limited data (12gb pcm) in the EU.
  • They don't get activated immediately - eg the 24 months starts counting as soon as you insert it into a phone and start using it however you must do this within 60 days from when you receive the sim.
The cost depends on the duration you want the sim for (could be less £ - see bottom of post):

£45 + £2.50 P&P is for 12 months from activation​
£50 + £2.50 P&P is for 24 months from activation​
£70 +£1.29 P&P is for 36 months from activation​

It would be good option for those who don't want to have a monthly contract or want to have the benefit of unlimited stuff at a much lower cost than you can get it from otherwise, they even work out cheaper than cashback site ones!

I messaged the buyer for more info and also mentioned that I was going to put it on the forum as some of you may be interested and he's come back with the below:

Tell your friend when they are making the purchase they should drop a short note with a reference to: minxysellinggirl so we know the transaction is from your recommendation, we then send them a cashback/discount also reward to you.
I wasn't asking for this but it's good of them to do this.
Bless you

😆

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018

Our 2 iphones Mel we just want to use as normal, 100gb is more than enough tbh

For the van mifi then it’s data only that’s needed for streaming, i’m thinking a minimum of 300gb a month and it would be great if we could find one to give us the full amount when in europe.

I’ve seen the Teikom one at €40 a month but would like to find a cheaper one if possible

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
I don't Al, but I'd be happy to know myself, as I need one for the MiFi in the MH.
For my home router I got a 200Gb Vodaphone sim from Mobiles.co.uk, at £8pcm after cashback. It works a treat for us, allowing monitoring of security appliances via Apps, and streaming Netflix/Prime media, but it won't be used abroad

I’ve just been looking at that Jock

what does the cashback involve, is it tricky and time consuming to do, i’d rather not have to send emails and invoices at certain times tbh
Al 👍

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
what does the cashback involve, is it tricky and time consuming to do, i’d rather not have to send emails and invoices at certain times tbh
That's exactly what is expected of you Al, otherwise it works out at £15.00pcm.

Once you've done it a couple of times. it becomes easy. It has to be done on months 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12.
You just download your Vodafone bill for the month you are claiming, and attach it to the claim form on your Mobiles.co.uk account, all online.

Cheers,

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
That's exactly what is expected of you Al, otherwise it works out at £15.00pcm.

Once you've done it a couple of times. it becomes easy. It has to be done on months 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12.
You just download your Vodafone bill for the month you are claiming, and attach it to the claim form on your Mobiles.co.uk account, all online.

Cheers,

Ah! that’s not too bad then if it can al be done online, I can cope with that tbh, just a matter of setting times in the phone reminder to err! remind me lol.

Would you know if sticking with Vodaphone, who we are with now, you’re able to keep your no., i’m keen to do that tbh but it’s not a massive deal breaker

Al 👍

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Would you know if sticking with Vodaphone, who we are with now, you’re able to keep your no., i’m keen to do that tbh but it’s not a massive deal breaker
Yes Al, you can port your number over if you prefer, but as mine were all for data only, I never bothered.

There is a handy My Vodafone App you can download on to your phone, making things easier to access. (y)
Although my sim is in my home router, the phone App gives me control of things.

Cheers,

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Yes Al, you can port your number over if you prefer, but as mine were all for data only, I never bothered.

There is a handy My Vodafone App you can download on to your phone, making things easier to access. (y)
Although my sim is in my home router, the phone App gives me control of things.

Cheers,

thanks Jock 👍👍

Aug 17, 2022
Middlesbrough, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Supersonic 890
Exp
For my home router I got a 200Gb Vodaphone sim from Mobiles.co.uk, at £8pcm after cashback. It works a treat for us, allowing monitoring of security appliances via Apps, and streaming Netflix/Prime media, but it won't be used abroad.

I'd be interested in anything you find for the MiFi use abroad please Mel. :)

Cheers,

We use a hawaei mini box with Vodafone SIM, works a treat

May 23, 2021
Beds.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Harmony
Exp
Since 2021...
Ah! that’s not too bad then if it can al be done online, I can cope with that tbh, just a matter of setting times in the phone reminder to err! remind me lol.

Al 👍

Al 👍
Are you intending to.port thr number from the Ekikiel sim? Because that, for me, has been a problem. Only he can get the pac code "after the issue is resolved".

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Are you intending to.port thr number from the Ekikiel sim? Because that, for me, has been a problem. Only he can get the pac code "after the issue is resolved".
no

i’m with vodaphone atm, have been for years tbh but they tell me if I go with vodaphone from a third party sim provider I can port my no.
Any other provider such as 3 or EE no problem. I’ve actually got both PAC codes from vodaphone already

They’ve offered me 2 deals, unlimited everything for me £20 a month and 140gb for the missus for £10 with no eu roaming 😟

So 30 quid a month for both and keeping our no’s

I’m trying to find an EE deal for similar but with roaming and nothing is coming up 😢

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
Jock, same here although I'm still waiting for an answer to the second eBay message sent. If no luck will start a PayPal claim.
Just had acknowledgement of second eBay message advising refund being processed and will be with me maximum 15 days from request to seller. Time will tell, will update when received, or not.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
has anyone any experiences of this company

Vodaphone 100gb for £11.85 a month

or am I just as well going for the Mobiles.co.uk £8 offer that Jock has got

JockandRita

do you get the 15gb eu roaming included with the deal you have got and what speeds r u getting for streaming, any buffering?

Al

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Our 2 iphones Mel we just want to use as normal, 100gb is more than enough tbh
Assuming that's for UK use then you could look at the one I've just got for my phone for 120gb UK use and 15gb EU roaming:

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/talkmobile-unlimited-calls-texts-120gb-uk-data-15gb-eu-roaming-12-month-contract-£7-95-pcm-after-manual-cashback.274080/

Cashback is very easy to do as Jock explained (just check which months as they differ depending on where you buy the sim) and you have 60 days from the required month's invoice date to submit so no massive rush.

For the van mifi then it’s data only that’s needed for streaming, i’m thinking a minimum of 300gb a month and it would be great if we could find one to give us the full amount when in europe.

I’ve seen the Teikom one at €40 a month but would like to find a cheaper one if possible
That's the tricky one ... I doubt if there's anything that can touch the Tiekom deal, I haven't looked into it as I don't use tons of data when away.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
has anyone any experiences of this company

Vodaphone 100gb for £11.85 a month

or am I just as well going for the Mobiles.co.uk £8 offer that Jock has got
You're better off with the one I've just mentioned above which is cheaper and gives 120gb.

JockandRita

do you get the 15gb eu roaming included with the deal you have got and what speeds r u getting for streaming, any buffering?

Al
No data roaming at all with Vodafone's cheaper packages so you'd only be able to use your MIFI's data so if you're out and about without it you wouldn't be able to use the internet unless you found free wifi.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Assuming that's for UK use then you could look at the one I've just got for my phone for 120gb UK use and 15gb EU roaming:

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/talkmobile-unlimited-calls-texts-120gb-uk-data-15gb-eu-roaming-12-month-contract-£7-95-pcm-after-manual-cashback.274080/

Cashback is very easy to do as Jock explained (just check which months as they differ depending on where you buy the sim) and you have 60 days from the required month's invoice date to submit so no massive rush.

That's the tricky one ... I doubt if there's anything that can touch the Tiekom deal, I haven't looked into it as I don't use tons of data when away.
And above url as a clickable link: https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...tract-£7-95-pcm-after-manual-cashback.274080/

Also, for the Motorhome mifi, i'll need to look back thru threads for the best prepaid deals.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back