Caravan and Motorhome Club Robbery (2 Viewers)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
It`s the same in Spain, Try getting a Booking for Santa Semana! (Easter to you and I) at least double the usual rate IF you can get in!. Same in the USA. KOA sites are more expensive at Holiday periods too. Even the State (government) camp-grounds charge more, One of the times we would go "boondocking"! Full Water, Empty Black/Grey and sit it out somewhere off the grid.
Like here:- Easter 2004. :- https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@35.6...4!1s8tqQpwrVMi1RQmF1Yc3aOg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
You know, you lot never cease to amaze me..........You spend 40. 50. sometimes 60 k on a state of the art M/h, fitted with every type of modern living convenience, even pop up radar dishes as though your tracking incoming Russian bombers........And dont deny it, we have all seen you stood there, remotes in hand, crafty look around to make sure your being observed by lesser mortals, just to show off..........The latest internet gizmo's, even a fan flu for the loo.......Then moan and groan about spending, what is it, £30 a night to stay in a clean well looked after SECURE location, with up to date facilities, able to dump your crap, be it grey, brown, or even the packaging from your new barbie!! And you even BRAG about what you own/buy, on these very pages! Not content with the aforementioned crimes against humanity, you then bugger off on a vomit stinking boat, to land in a sweaty country filled with peeps who shrug, eat disgusting food, and cant speak the Queens English, stop on a 'HEY it's FREE' convict ridden grotty car park, nose to tail with a farting Italian and his sweaty wife,scared sh**less in case a Romanian Mafioso gang appear at whatever time, to fill your new M/H with a noxious substance! Then, to cap it all, you take bl**dy pictures to prove it! My God! Then its off to 'Sunny Spain', where you park up in a dustbowl, erect your electric awning, (making sure that others can see it's electric), pull out your designer alloy combined chair/lie-low combination, (colour coded of coarse), and proceed to get pissed on refined Spanish anti-freeze, whilst all types of noxious flies descend to nibble and throw up on your exposed body's! "Joe got a lovely melanoma tan in Spain".
And then, you open up your radar powered TV, to watch 'The Manuel Look at my Wifes T**s' show, in non intelligible Spanish, whilst scratching at the sores your bites are turning into! Dont you see, Spain was made by God as a bl**dy PUNISHMENT for those who reside there, not for English people! The dump is so bad, they had to pay Cardinals to wander around 500 years ago, putting motorhomers and other peasants TO DEATH!
To cap it all, you come home to dear old Blighty, and BRAG about how you got a rat infested wind blown grass-less pitch for under 50p a night! :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Totally 100% Politically incorrect to my personal liking I love it. :xThumb:

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
I thinks an awful lot of people have been conditioned by Aire prices in France, and some of them have variable pricing, At the extreme a lot without barriers are free in winter but charge in summer. In the days before Aires, we used to take the kids and the RV down to Albatross in Spain in August, and park on a sea front pitch for a couple of weeks. I can't remember the prices, but I remember it was expensive, especially with upgraded EHU so we could run the aircon:). It made club sites in the UK seem very reasonable. Now my OH moans about paying €12 a night:xgrin:

Malcolm

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
In our campervan days touring Europe we found that it could be cheaper and more relaxing during peak holiday periods to stop in a budget hotel than on a local campsite, which was rammed and noisy anyway. I suppose this was because their main customer base was more business oriented and price-sensitive all year round.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
In our campervan days touring Europe we found that it could be cheaper and more relaxing during peak holiday periods to stop in a budget hotel than on a local campsite, which was rammed and noisy anyway. I suppose this was because their main customer base was more business oriented and price-sensitive all year round.

Yes as I have said before on here, myself, brother and a few mates have been going to Scarborough once a year for about 30 years now to watch the cricket, no women allowed, it is cheaper to stay in a B&B with full English than the campsites in the area.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Same in the UK. In the school holiday season most hotels, except those in tourist areas, are cheaper than they are outside the school holiday season. That is because most of their customers are on business and a lot of them will be on holiday. It is also why you can get better deals at the weekend at most UK hotels.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back