Caravan and Motorhome Club Robbery (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Just been looking at booking three nights at Barnard Castle Caravan and Motorhome Club site for two adults and two children from the 2nd of April but was disgusted to find that it would cost me £115, that's £38.33 per night, in April. What has the club become?

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
There is another one a few miles away just off the A1 at Scotch Cornor 1 mile west on the A66, at Melsonby / Gilling West. Alternatively, approx 4 mile's further down the A66 on the left iis The Fox Inn, where I understand you can park over night for free. Just a few miles for Barney

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Just been looking at booking three nights at Barnard Castle Caravan and Motorhome Club site for two adults and two children from the 2nd of April but was disgusted to find that it would cost me £115, that's £38.33 per night, in April. What has the club become?
Too blooming expensive. That's just a thought

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009

Bl**dy expensive. Iv'e just been looking at a similar break and that was £128 for four nights.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Bl**dy expensive. Iv'e just been looking at a similar break and that was £128 for four nights.
We were away at the weekend in Buxton. Lime Tree Holiday Park. Now, we're not club (any club) members and paid the site rate available to any Joe. £25.00 a night including EHU plus £2.00 a night for Pepper. Very good toilet and shower block. Good black waste and grey waste. Fresh water on tap (see what I did there........never mind). Close enough for a nice walk into Buxton and the local taxi company (although we didn't use them) is dog friendly and charges flat rate of £3.80 to or from the site to centre.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years

I'm sure there will be a few comments along the lines of:

1) It is supply and demand
2) You don't have to stay there
3) The site will have a lovely shower block
4) You always know that you are going to get a quality site with the C&MC.
5) You can't take it with you (money, that is)
6) Why squabble over £115 when you've spent £000s on a motorhome.

Plus my view, campsites are becoming increasingly expensive but this looks very expensive to me. As for being a "club" .....

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
It's recognised motor homes now so they're sticking it up us. Someone has to fund there excessive profits. There's a lovely private site at Robsons in Wolsingham. Bus outside the door and shops a few hundred yards. We got so fed up with rip of UK prices we only do across the water now.

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009

Go a bit further up the dale to Cotherstone to this site. Realy friendly farm site.
http://www.doepark.co.uk/

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
It's recognised motor homes now so they're sticking it up us. Someone has to fund there excessive profits. There's a lovely private site at Robsons in Wolsingham. Bus outside the door and shops a few hundred yards. We got so fed up with rip of UK prices we only do across the water now.
That's probably why prices have gone up .because of lack of support from the motorhome fraternity in this country that want everything for peanuts.. Just saying not judging ..

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Been to most of the sites mentioned, just fancied Barny but booked somewhere else now.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
If it's in the location you want/need to be in and you insist on having the "facilities" that some people think are so vital then pay what they ask.

If you can be flexible on location and are happy to use your vehicle as a self contained unit then there will be loads of other places you can use.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Drive past it to the c&cc site.. also very nice.
Its always pretty full tho. . Very popular

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
+1 for the C &CC site just up the road from the site you mention.

According to the app, the price ranges from £7.35 to £12.45 per night, but I don't know the basis of charges.

You can walk into Barnard a Castle from the site, we had a great stay.

It says non members welcome just in case you're not a C& CC member.

Postcode for site is DL12 9 DG

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I don't have much contact with tuggers so don't know what they moan about. However, as far as I know, they need to use campsites more than motorhomers.
Not in England..as there are no legal off site camping sites in England .so motorhomers should only be using recognised legal sites the same as tuggers. .

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
There are a couple of Britstops, 760 and 761 in this years book, one farm and one pub, close to Barnard Castle.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Prefer the c&cc site also nice walk back through the woods into. Barney ..
images (35).jpg

images (24).jpg

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Not in England..as there are no legal off site camping sites in England .so motorhomers should only be using recognised legal sites the same as tuggers. .

That's not quite correct Roy.

Off site camping or parking or whatever you want to call it is perfectly legal everywhere unless the relevant local authority issue an order prohibiting it for a specific location.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years

Even when on sites, tuggers need to use campsites more; they don't tend to carry water like MHs do, seem to require hookups, showers & loos more than MHs.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
That's not quite correct Roy.

Off site camping or parking or whatever you want to call it is perfectly legal everywhere unless the relevant local authority issue an order prohibiting it for a specific location.
I bow to your greater knowledge..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back