Caravan and Motorhome Club Robbery (1 Viewer)

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
There's a few club sites that we do use regularly, mainly because of the location of them, and if you're just away for 2 or 3 days then it's surely not the end of the world if it meets your requirements.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
If the Clubs, or any other commercial site for that matter, failed to make a reasonable profit they would cease to exist. Such profit as they do make is very visibly used to refurbish and improve sites. If anyone doesn't like their prices they can go stay somewhere else. I am a member of both the C&CC and C&MC. Easily the most expensive sites I have seen are private commercial sites.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
The so called clubs are in it to make money, full stop. I booked two nights at the C&CC site at Wolverley. Paid up front, as you have to with this outfit. I misfueled my motorhome, and phoned to cancel my booking. They would not give me a refund, or a credit to use later. Needless to say I wont be renewing with this pack of thieives. As for the C&MH club. I do not know why you should pay for the pitch, and every individual person.bearing in mind that as beautiful as their toilet and showerfacillities are, we tend to use our own these days. All very expensive. Wild camping / parking is the only way now.
Each to their own. ..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
We just avoid spending quality time in the UK now. France/Italy/Spain all the way. Way more value for money and much more to do.

Oct 17, 2012
banks
Funster No
MH
mercedes vario youngs con
Exp
so if a caravan tower is a tugger is a motorhome owner a lugger or sumat else

Jun 16, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 590 RS
Exp
4 years.
Just been looking at booking three nights at Barnard Castle Caravan and Motorhome Club site for two adults and two children from the 2nd of April but was disgusted to find that it would cost me ÂŁ115, that's ÂŁ38.33 per night, in April. What has the club become?

Jun 16, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 590 RS
Exp
4 years.
Hi Ralph-Dot, That is one to avoid!, How can they warrant high charges like that!!, You did the best thing, Vote with your wheels & stay away!!. If more did the same these type of Campsites would soon alter there prices & there outlook on Motorhome & Caravan users. Why is it when hobbies like ours become popular there are always those who think they can exploit you or make a nice living at your expense!. Well now with Social Media out there this will I hope, soon become an extinct issue!. Well done to you both!.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
We are staying in a bed & breakfast for less than that per night, lovely place in Scarborough, sea 10 seconds walk, full English, free parking.

Surely it should be more expensive than YOU taking your own house with you.

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
Absolute bl**dy robbery here in France as well.

This is the second night in a week where we are being asked to spend our hard earned cash for an overnight stopover.

Total outlay for seven nights parking with rise astronomically to over 10 Euros.

Mind you, the view over the Dordogne river is pretty good.

But if you can't have a good moan it's not worth going on holiday, is it?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Just sorted Easter out for wife, 2 grandkids and me..

ÂŁ130 for 10 nights (y)

Spalding - MCC rally with 2 nights professional entertainment.
Skegness - First time with C&CC rally on full facility campsite.
Peterborogh - Warners show and the Funsters :)

That's us all sorted and occupied average ÂŁ13 a night is a bit over my budget but it is Easter.. ;)

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Just been looking at booking three nights at Barnard Castle Caravan and Motorhome Club site for two adults and two children from the 2nd of April but was disgusted to find that it would cost me ÂŁ115, that's ÂŁ38.33 per night, in April. What has the club become?
The club has become a multi million pound business, and you are just a number,not a valued member anymore,that’s why I left the CC 25years ago.

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
Just paid 103euros for three nights in the centre of Strasbourg but suppose now is one of their peak seasons, normally would hurt my fingers trying to pull that much money out of my purse ... but ... 'er indoors is really happy we've visited the christmas markets ... TWICE ... what cost for a little happiness eh? p.s. I have been drinking lots at the market so these comments may not truly reflect my normal Yorkshire views

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
Barnard castle thats cheap York ÂŁ137 3 nights in april 2 adults
The wardens better give 5 star service

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
You know, you lot never cease to amaze me..........You spend 40. 50. sometimes 60 k on a state of the art M/h, fitted with every type of modern living convenience, even pop up radar dishes as though your tracking incoming Russian bombers........And dont deny it, we have all seen you stood there, remotes in hand, crafty look around to make sure your being observed by lesser mortals, just to show off..........The latest internet gizmo's, even a fan flu for the loo.......Then moan and groan about spending, what is it, ÂŁ30 a night to stay in a clean well looked after SECURE location, with up to date facilities, able to dump your crap, be it grey, brown, or even the packaging from your new barbie!! And you even BRAG about what you own/buy, on these very pages! Not content with the aforementioned crimes against humanity, you then bugger off on a vomit stinking boat, to land in a sweaty country filled with peeps who shrug, eat disgusting food, and cant speak the Queens English, stop on a 'HEY it's FREE' convict ridden grotty car park, nose to tail with a farting Italian and his sweaty wife,scared sh**less in case a Romanian Mafioso gang appear at whatever time, to fill your new M/H with a noxious substance! Then, to cap it all, you take bl**dy pictures to prove it! My God! Then its off to 'Sunny Spain', where you park up in a dustbowl, erect your electric awning, (making sure that others can see it's electric), pull out your designer alloy combined chair/lie-low combination, (colour coded of coarse), and proceed to get pissed on refined Spanish anti-freeze, whilst all types of noxious flies descend to nibble and throw up on your exposed body's! "Joe got a lovely melanoma tan in Spain".
And then, you open up your radar powered TV, to watch 'The Manuel Look at my Wifes T**s' show, in non intelligible Spanish, whilst scratching at the sores your bites are turning into! Dont you see, Spain was made by God as a bl**dy PUNISHMENT for those who reside there, not for English people! The dump is so bad, they had to pay Cardinals to wander around 500 years ago, putting motorhomers and other peasants TO DEATH!
To cap it all, you come home to dear old Blighty, and BRAG about how you got a rat infested wind blown grass-less pitch for under 50p a night! :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
You know, you lot never cease to amaze me..........You spend 40. 50. sometimes 60 k on a state of the art M/h, fitted with every type of modern living convenience, even pop up radar dishes as though your tracking incoming Russian bombers........And dont deny it, we have all seen you stood there, remotes in hand, crafty look around to make sure your being observed by lesser mortals, just to show off..........The latest internet gizmo's, even a fan flu for the loo.......Then moan and groan about spending, what is it, ÂŁ30 a night to stay in a clean well looked after SECURE location, with up to date facilities, able to dump your crap, be it grey, brown, or even the packaging from your new barbie!! And you even BRAG about what you own/buy, on these very pages! Not content with the aforementioned crimes against humanity, you then bugger off on a vomit stinking boat, to land in a sweaty country filled with peeps who shrug, eat disgusting food, and cant speak the Queens English, stop on a 'HEY it's FREE' convict ridden grotty car park, nose to tail with a farting Italian and his sweaty wife,scared sh**less in case a Romanian Mafioso gang appear at whatever time, to fill your new M/H with a noxious substance! Then, to cap it all, you take bl**dy pictures to prove it! My God! Then its off to 'Sunny Spain', where you park up in a dustbowl, erect your electric awning, (making sure that others can see it's electric), pull out your designer alloy combined chair/lie-low combination, (colour coded of coarse), and proceed to get pissed on refined Spanish anti-freeze, whilst all types of noxious flies descend to nibble and throw up on your exposed body's! "Joe got a lovely melanoma tan in Spain".
And then, you open up your radar powered TV, to watch 'The Manuel Look at my Wifes T**s' show, in non intelligible Spanish, whilst scratching at the sores your bites are turning into! Dont you see, Spain was made by God as a bl**dy PUNISHMENT for those who reside there, not for English people! The dump is so bad, they had to pay Cardinals to wander around 500 years ago, putting motorhomers and other peasants TO DEATH!
To cap it all, you come home to dear old Blighty, and BRAG about how you got a rat infested wind blown grass-less pitch for under 50p a night! :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:
Brilliant post so so true
This really sums up alot of Motorhomers Its never ceases to amaze me with their antics and comments
Say boo and they run a mile!

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
The club has become a multi million pound business.

It's likely to hit the ÂŁ140-Million value point at the end of FY-18 so a bit more than multi-mil.

As you say, it's not a club, it's a huge business now.

Regards,

Andrew

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Like any other business, if it delivers what I want, I'm happy to pay for it.

I don't understand why people get so hung-up about the word 'club'!

Yep, agreed, we have no beef with the organisation and as such we use it all the time for our visits. I've always found the wardens to be top notch and the sites and their rules to be very palatable to our own motorhome style.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Like any other business, if it delivers what I want, I'm happy to pay for it.

I don't understand why people get so hung-up about the word 'club'!
I don't have a problem with the word club attached to anything. I have a problem with their eagerness to get more and more money in, bad travel arrangements and stuffy wardens (not all admittedly)

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
To me the reason for getting a Moho is not to spend a fortune staying on a site at what appears to be high charges.
I have invested a fair sum in a traveling house or have I missed something here.
I may as well of just spent my money at B and B's hotels or foreign holidays :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back