Caravan and Motorhome Club Robbery (4 Viewers)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Not in England..as there are no legal off site camping sites in England .so motorhomers should only be using recognised legal sites the same as tuggers. .

You can park and sleep in your MH anywhere where you are not causing an obstruction or does not have local bye-laws prohibiting it.

PS....
I see a duplication, but I got this from a CC solicitor.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Apri, Easter, high season spring to mind. Yes it is expensive, but so are most places in the School holidays, we have 7 grandchildren an the 'easter' holiday spans 4 weeks. one has 2 weeks before 3 have a week eithr side and another 2 have 2 weeks after, youngest not at school yet. Looking at varying charges those dates are mostly high season. Using own facilities is fine for the 2 of us, but showering 3 kids as well? we would be back and forward to the water point and as gas only water heating might even have to go fill up with LPG lol. Still a lot less than taking them to a hotel or theme park though.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
OK i ll be the one that says it .......

I m off to france for 3 weeks, £112 return on the ferry. Can you believe that ? extortionate.
Then i have to put up with free aires and free water whilst parking in the most magnificent views.
Gutted.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
That's probably why prices have gone up .because of lack of support from the motorhome fraternity in this country that want everything for peanuts.. Just saying not judging ..
Everything in the UK is exceptionally expensive & those in the middle paying the prices are just supporting those in power & the idle wasters.
Not in England..as there are no legal off site camping sites in England .so motorhomers should only be using recognised legal sites the same as tuggers. .
So all the lorries are illegal ?

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13

I m off to france for 3 weeks, £112 return on the ferry. Can you believe that ? extortionate.
Then i have to put up with free aires and free water whilst parking in the most magnificent views.
Gutted.
Don't forget the diesel, currently around £1 per litre, the deserted roads, easy parking (no Parking Eye),

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Don't forget the diesel, currently around £1 per litre, the deserted roads, easy parking (no Parking Eye),
I aint going now.
The weather is normally 5 degrees higher than here, the wine is as expensive as a euro a litre.
You cant even get Eastenders and Corrie over there.
Half of them appear to speak our language as well. Who do they think they are !

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011

My motorhomes is fully self sufficient and I don't want or need a 'campsite', all we need is to park up, ideally on some tarmac or concrete for a fiver and maybe buy some water or empty the cassette. Does that just sound like an European Aire?
We can park almost every where without let or hindrance but would prefer an Aire just for the company - but not if its going to cost £30!

My Dog Likes Fishing

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Hang on while I look at my watch
Less than forty quid a night for 2 adults and 2 children. Full good clean facilities and electric what's the problem? Try and get a hotel for that in the area. You can wild camp or stay on a CL cheaper its your choice. I choose not to use their main sites as a CL does the job for me. Horses for courses

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
This was a thread about using a uk club site... we all know the advantages of going to France .. but that's not for everybody all the time. We have and do find most club sites to be good with good facilities which we sometimes use. Another advantage for us with the c&cc is that our disabled adult daughter goes free.
Furthermore ... these club sites are perfect for groups of youngsters such as grandchildren. Play areas and clean showering facilities are a godsend with ankle biters.
We never wild camp anyway but even if we did I would probably not want to take small grandchildren along.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Just been looking at booking three nights at Barnard Castle Caravan and Motorhome Club site for two adults and two children from the 2nd of April but was disgusted to find that it would cost me £115, that's £38.33 per night, in April. What has the club become?
I think you will find it's a fully serviced pitch, provided with an early morning Goblin Teasmade for yourself, a full massage service for the wife, and a three hour trip in a Typhoon Fighter for the kids. (y)

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002

Gutted.
Yep I can understand just why you ard gutted .imagine have to stay on those popular free Aires and not being able to open your hab door because some bugger had parked uptight to you. You have my sympathies. Lol ..prefer municipal sites myself ..enjoy your holiday though .am quite jealous az can get over till June Roy

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
I've just booked a trip to padstow touring park, 5 nights for £120, not sure if that's good, bad, or average because it is my first trip ever. I'm sure it's like most things, you win some, you lose some. At the moment,@suavecarve is on a winner.
Ps. My mistake, @suavecarve , not @Khizzie .

Mickey.

Last edited:

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I've just booked a trip to padstow touring park, 5 nights for £120, not sure if that's good, bad, or average because it is my first trip ever. I'm sure it's like most things, you win some, you lose some. At the moment, @Khizzie is on a winner.

Mickey.
Just checked th price wasn't. £32.80 for three days after all. .. It was £32.40 .lol even better. Roy

Jan 10, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbe
We have just spent a 3 day stay at Hastings Touring Park, nice facilities, warm and clean,but at £33 a night for two of us a bit steep.
20170323_143011.jpg
Look at how many joined us, or was it the exclusivity we paid for !

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Yep I can understand just why you ard gutted .imagine have to stay on those popular free Aires and not being able to open your hab door because some bugger had parked uptight to you. You have my sympathies. Lol ..prefer municipal sites myself ..enjoy your holiday though .am quite jealous az can get over till June Roy

Here's one of those horrible cramped aires where you can't open your hab door. (y)

I have to admit this one isn't free though, you have to pay the scandalous sum of €3 a night. :D2

IMG_0035.jpg

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Here's one of those horrible cramped aires where you can't open your hab door. (y)

I have to admit this one isn't free though, you have to pay the scandalous sum of €3 a night. :D2

View attachment 154729
Ah but you cant see sod all for those bloody trees .you're being ripped off Nick .should be free ok

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Ah but you cant see sod all for those bloody trees .you're being ripped off Nick .should be free ok

Nothing much to see in that direction (y)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
You know, you lot never cease to amaze me..........You spend 40. 50. sometimes 60 k on a state of the art M/h, fitted with every type of modern living convenience, even pop up radar dishes as though your tracking incoming Russian bombers........And dont deny it, we have all seen you stood there, remotes in hand, crafty look around to make sure your being observed by lesser mortals, just to show off..........The latest internet gizmo's, even a fan flu for the loo.......Then moan and groan about spending, what is it, £30 a night to stay in a clean well looked after SECURE location, with up to date facilities, able to dump your crap, be it grey, brown, or even the packaging from your new barbie!! And you even BRAG about what you own/buy, on these very pages! Not content with the aforementioned crimes against humanity, you then bugger off on a vomit stinking boat, to land in a sweaty country filled with peeps who shrug, eat disgusting food, and cant speak the Queens English, stop on a 'HEY it's FREE' convict ridden grotty car park, nose to tail with a farting Italian and his sweaty wife,scared sh**less in case a Romanian Mafioso gang appear at whatever time, to fill your new M/H with a noxious substance! Then, to cap it all, you take bl**dy pictures to prove it! My God! Then its off to 'Sunny Spain', where you park up in a dustbowl, erect your electric awning, (making sure that others can see it's electric), pull out your designer alloy combined chair/lie-low combination, (colour coded of coarse), and proceed to get pissed on refined Spanish anti-freeze, whilst all types of noxious flies descend to nibble and throw up on your exposed body's! "Joe got a lovely melanoma tan in Spain".
And then, you open up your radar powered TV, to watch 'The Manuel Look at my Wifes T**s' show, in non intelligible Spanish, whilst scratching at the sores your bites are turning into! Dont you see, Spain was made by God as a bl**dy PUNISHMENT for those who reside there, not for English people! The dump is so bad, they had to pay Cardinals to wander around 500 years ago, putting motorhomers and other peasants TO DEATH!
To cap it all, you come home to dear old Blighty, and BRAG about how you got a rat infested wind blown grass-less pitch for under 50p a night! :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
try the auction market £5.00p per night if there are no auctions on. Next to cricket club on Vera Rd. fun!!! fun!!! fun!!!

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
One of our friends laughs at us for camping charges, he & his wife use Premier inn deals about £35.00 !!!!

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Just booked into Totnes c&mc site in May three nights, one person. £32.80 . For the three nights . .
Which site was this as we are looking at going down to Totnes shortly, this will come in handy?
Thanks

Edit, just seen above ta

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back